Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TBH, I thought their getting into GPF was practically a given. The only thing that could have stopped them would have been lack of sufficient time to prepare for the new season, but luckily it looks like this won't be a problem. My only worry now is the possibility of Yuko getting re-injured once they start doing quad throws again.

But I agree with you that Tarasova/Morozov and Zabiako/Enbert deserve their chance too (as do Astakhova/Rogonov, but unfortuately both their events look difficult).

Hope Yuko stays healthy. Really hope to see them at Skate Canada.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/properlytwizzle/992215.html

It is in Igor at Tamara's master class that Yuko and Sasha celebrated the 10th anniversary of their partnership yesterday. How time flies! Best of Wishes to dear Tamara, Yuko and Sasha! Be healthy, happy and successful in the new season!

What a magical skate! Clair de Lune is so perfect for them! Fell in love with their skating when I saw them win gold at Skate America 2014. HopeYuko isn't rushing it and coming back too soon.

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Great to hear that Yuko and Sasha are back training. Have they announced yet what they are doing programme wise? I would object to seeing Clair de Lune or February again. For the short it would be nice to see their Blues short programme again. Whatever they chose it will be great to see them back competing again.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great to see them both back on the ice. Thanks for sharing!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yeahhh the blogger is super encouraging that they will take part in all the GPs they're listed!:hap93:

sneakers

Match Penalty
cant wait to see them :yahoo:

Yuko is like a cat, not that she always lands on her toes during jumps or throws :noshake:
but she always comes back after injuries.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yeahhh the blogger is super encouraging that they will take part in all the GPs they're listed!:hap93:

Really hope to see them at Skate Canada. I love their skating! I just hope she's not rushing things too much and coming back too soon.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Really hope to see them at Skate Canada. I love their skating! I just hope she's not rushing things too much and coming back too soon.
sure I dont want them competing just because they can skate on 2 feet. Only fully healed! I'm sure if its not the case Tamara wont risk it

the only thing Im worried about is that they're reserve team this year
Hopefully it didnt affect their funding SPb skaters are not that lucky in that department anyway:sad21:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited: