Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 275 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyne

Final Flight
I woke up and lying on the bed thinking what if he do 2 quad and get world record...and then I checked my phone and saw these news :shocked:

Guessing game till we see his practice....

(1) spread eagle 3A sandwich, 4S, 4T-3T
(2) spread eagle 4S sandwich, 3A, 4T-3T
(3) spread eagle 4T sandwich, 3A, 4S-3T
(4) 4S, spread eagle 3A sandwich, 4T-3T
(5) 4T, spread eagle 3A sandwich, 4S-3T
(6) 4S, back counter 3A spread eagle, 4T-3T
(7) 4T, back counter 3A spread eagle, 4S-3T

Any other permutations?

It's very possible that he will have 3A as his last jump. He has timing issues entering the last jump, I just can't see him doing a quad+triple there.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
^^^ good points

(8) 4t-3t, 4s, 3a
(9) 4s, 4t-3t, 3a
(10) 4S-3T, 4T, 3A
(12) 4T, 4S-3T, 3A

Last edited:

melmel

On the Ice
Let me sulk: spreadeagle-3A-spreadeagle is way prettier than spreadeagle-4S-spreadeagle (those preceding revolutions spoil the effect) and I wish he wasn't changing it.

But maybe he's actually keeping the 3A as the first jump ? *hope hope* We'll see how it turns out but it's possible he'll put the 4S at the same place where the 3Lz-3T was and not move too much of the rest of the layout. Moving around all the jumps at the end of the season seems a bit too risky even for him.

Goddammit Yuzu, I'm already needlessly stressing for you usually why do you have to add his pile of "oh my god will he land everything ?" the day before the competition !!!:gaah:

but if he goes clean with this new layout :yahoo:

gsyzf

Medalist
Another possibility is 4t3t, 4s/3a, i.e. both quads in the first half. This is a safer layout than the layout with a quad in the second half. But it has a lower bv. 2 quads are already very risky. So I think he may consider placing a quad in the 2nd half next season instead of this season.

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Goddammit Yuzu, I'm already needlessly stressing for you usually why do you have to add his pile of "oh my god will he land everything ?" the day before the competition !!!:gaah:

but if he goes clean with this new layout :yahoo:
:laugh:

Well he is The Yuzuru Hanyu :dance3:

Lindacrow

Final Flight
Well if Yuzu misses the combo on the 4t, cant he just add it on to the 3A if the 4s is his first jump?

firal

Record Breaker
Only he can add another element of suspense right before the competition! Does anyone know if practice Thursday is open to the public or just to the media? I think we shall get an answer soon if he does a run through so at least we can hold our breath in the right places during SP. :laugh:

firal

Record Breaker
Playing the bad guy for a second and asking those of you who know better, if this ambitious SP layout was unsuccessful, what placement does he need to be to go to GPF? Maybe it's better to try it out here at NHK than at GPF and see if it works under competition stress or not.

I'm thinking he'll get asked about Boyang at press con or interview this time around; curious to what he'll say since he always has the best answers!

dasani

On the Ice
:yes:

Playing safe by staying within his comfort zone is never really a strategy preferred by Yuzu. Remember the 4S that Brian wanted him to take out from his Olympic FS? "and he wouldn't hear any of it..." says Brian (quoting based on my memory here :p)

He did a detailed interview with the Ice Jewels magazine that was published recently, I highly recommend getting this magazine if you understand Japanese. Hopefully we will have some nice fans to translate that interview into English for us too! If I come across a shareable scan I'll post it here as well (I will recieve my copy by end of Nov :cry: so if it is still not available by then I'll scan mine)

Some topics he touched upon in the interview:
- overcoming his fear (from the the CoC incident) during the FS 6-min warm-up at NHK
- the impact of training on his own mostly in Japan last season
- learning to adjust his condition under different circumstances
- creation process of SEIMEI
- challenges he set for himself to become a better competitor << which addresses a lot of concerns we have here in the thread

I know as fans we always tend to worry a million things. After reading his interview though, I really felt I should have a little more faith in this boy. After all, he has accomplished so much already, so why not let him take on all these challenges that motivates him to push forward. As for us, let's just enjoy the journey with Yuzu!

Okay, digging my old post out from exactly a month ago! As promised, my Ice Jewels magazine has arrived and I would like to share with you the thorough interview with Yuzu! It is an excellent interview where you can understand how he overcame the hardships from last season, how he has evolved from this experience and plans to continue to do so until 2018. In fact, the title of this interview is 進化する羽生結弦 (The Evolution of Yuzuru Hanyu)

I don't have my scanner handy so I took photos of the interview pages, hopefully they are not too blurry to read!
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

I hope some kind soul will translate this for us (at least maybe in summary:luv17:). There is already a Chinese translation but I think it's not quite the same than translating from Japanese to English.

If you are interested in this magazine and can afford it please order from amazon. It is only with our support that we can have more wonderful interviews like this one in the future. I understand not everyone would want to pay for a magazine that they can't even understand (not to mention the expensive shipping costs!) That's why I wanted to share Yuzu's interview here with the English fans, hoping we will have a chance to understand him better. And not make speculations of his plans or his intentions based on our own presumptions (we'll leave this task for the naysayers) ;)

orangecentipede

Rinkside
Playing the bad guy for a second and asking those of you who know better, if this ambitious SP layout was unsuccessful, what placement does he need to be to go to GPF? Maybe it's better to try it out here at NHK than at GPF and see if it works under competition stress or not.

I'm thinking he'll get asked about Boyang at press con or interview this time around; curious to what he'll say since he always has the best answers!

he needs to place in the top 3
I really think he can do it and if he does happen to bomb his short... well at least we know it won't be as low as SC and he'll be in the position to gain a spot on the podium

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
This is an interesting change of events. *sips my yuzu-tea* :coffee:

Even if things don't work out, its just one season, one event. Better try it now for the first time than at worlds. As I said in the other thread, it really can't get any worst than having 2 major elements invalidated in a SP lol and there is no way in hell he ever let himself fail on the 3A if he has trouble on the first 2 passes.

melmel

On the Ice
It just hit me but... considering that Yuzu practices the 4L to get a better feel of the 4S (and that pretty much since he's landing the 4L his 4S has become waaaay more consistent), could this 2 quads SP layout may be his way of building up stamina in the long run for his long program ? Like if you train with a 2 quads SP and it goes all smoothly-dandy, sure a 3 quads LP becomes much easier ?

he needs to place in the top 3
I really think he can do it and if he does happen to bomb his short... well at least we know it won't be as low as SC and he'll be in the position to gain a spot on the podium

Actually, I think even if he became forth he would still go to gpf.

Status
Not open for further replies.