Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 274 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh my God, this man is a fighter. I guess Jin Boyang gave him a big push for this change of layout.
Actually I guess Yuzuru thinks he'd better get rid of that unlucky 3lz3T. I don't think he wants to go for 2 quads because of anyone else. He goes for it because of himself. He planned it maybe for next season but I guess 3lz3T has given him too many troubles he thought "ok, I'd rather do 2 quads than this."

carmen7077

On the Ice
Same as what I think especially Jin is going to NHK as well. The battle of quads...

But it can also be his original plan, as I remember a tweet from the CCTV male commentator's weibo posted right after SC, saying that it is clear that Hanyu is planning an SP with two quads because he changed his way of entry to 4T (I don't quite get the logic there though...). In his tweet, he also said Yuzu is probably going to replace 3A with 4S. I think that can be the reason why Yuzu was practice spread-eagle - 4S - spread-eagle.

I think Mr.Huang(the male commentator) means hanyu is changing the sequence of his jumps to prepare to add another quad (which does make a lot of sense) but not the change of the entry of 4t.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Waiting for the moment when he thinks about getting rid of lutz from long program and get's fantastic idea to do another 4S :palmf:

yhmafan

Medalist
We haven't seen this layout yet and I want to trust that he is making this decision based on that in his practices the probability of having a clean Chopin was higher with this one.

Yeah I know :), all we can do is praying for him cheering for him. So GO! Gambatte Yuzu!! :cheer2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh man, I will have a hard time watching men's SP, especially because after going to SC my husband does not like Yuzuru that much anymore and prefers Jin. We are going to have a domestic fight :palmf:

Hopefully your husband will behave and let you watch you in peace.

dasani

On the Ice
umm...maybe but if so, while I could empathise with him it's too risky, clean Chopin should come first.

He has been having trouble with the jump takeoff timing on the 3Lz, so perhaps changing to this jump layout would actually reduce the risk. Adding the 4S could be a solution to avoid zayaking again.

Same as what I think especially Jin is going to NHK as well. The battle of quads...

But it can also be his original plan, as I remember a tweet from the CCTV male commentator's weibo posted right after SC, saying that it is clear that Hanyu is planning an SP with two quads because he changed his way of entry to 4T (I don't quite get the logic there though...). In his tweet, he also said Yuzu is probably going to replace 3A with 4S. I think that can be the reason why Yuzu was practice spread-eagle - 4S - spread-eagle.

This would not be the first time that he is up against someone else with two quads in an sp. If I remember correctly, Kovtun already had two quads since last season.

The 2 quad layout is probably already in his plan, and I wonder if the 3Lz + zayak issues from Skate Canada have expedite the execution of this plan.

Yeah I know :), all we can do is praying for him cheering for him. So GO! Gambatte Yuzu!! :cheer2:

Yes, come on Yuzu, you can do it :yes2:. If you win the NHK I will also try to struggle a bit more, maybe some good thing happen in this dark night of mine. Be my ray of hope please.

oriquey

Final Flight
I've just woken up and saw the news of a new sp layout and my immediate reaction was this: :hpull:

But I think if he is confident about this layout and wants to try it out, by all means. I wish him all the best and hope that he'll have performances that he's satisfied with :cheer:

oriquey

Final Flight
So that's why he was doing all those jumps during the gala. He's already thinking about it even then.

I've just woken up and saw the news of a new sp layout and my immediate reaction was this: :hpull:

But I think if he is confident about this layout and wants to try it out, by all means. I wish him all the best and hope that he'll have performances that he's satisfied with :cheer:
Good morning oriquey, I had the same reaction. But, let's hope for the best and pray for him :ghug:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Let me sulk: spreadeagle-3A-spreadeagle is way prettier than spreadeagle-4S-spreadeagle (those preceding revolutions spoil the effect) and I wish he wasn't changing it.

Let me sulk: spreadeagle-3A-spreadeagle is way prettier than spreadeagle-4S-spreadeagle (those preceding revolutions spoil the effect) and I wish he wasn't changing it.
I also don't want him to stop doing spreadeagle-3A-spreadeagle. In SC he did it exactly in front of us and with that white blouse with golden shades he was like an angel descending (or ascending). I will never forget that scene.

oriquey

Final Flight
Good morning oriquey, I had the same reaction. But, let's hope for the best and pray for him :ghug:

Good evening, Farnaz. Yup. It was a shocker and all the remaining sleep in my limbs left me when I read the news. But we'll support him no matter what. :luv17:

Rissa

Record Breaker
I also don't want him to stop doing spreadeagle-3A-spreadeagle. In SC he did it exactly in front of us and with that white blouse with golden shades he was like an angel descending (or ascending). I will never forget that scene.

At least you were lucky enough to see it done well, I'm jealous now!

gsyzf

Medalist
The 2 quad layout is probably already in his plan, and I wonder if the 3Lz + zayak issues from Skate Canada have expedite the execution of this plan.

I believe that's the main reason. He definitely has a plan to do a 2 quad sp. But I think his original plan is to do a 2 quad sp next season, not this season. I was expecting him to do a 1 quad sp with 4t3t some time later this season. I guess the zayak issue at sc made him upgrade his layout this season instead. The old layout has high risk of zayaking and it is very difficult to avoid zayaking once he pops the quad. He would at least score more points with 2 quads, even if the jumps have messy landings than getting no credit for 2 jumps. And a low sp scores hurts the lp score as well. He can't afford a low sp score.

By the way, everybody's reaction here is so funny. :laugh::

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I woke up and lying on the bed thinking what if he do 2 quad and get world record...and then I checked my phone and saw these news :shocked:

Guessing game till we see his practice....

(1) spread eagle 3A sandwich, 4S, 4T-3T
(2) spread eagle 4S sandwich, 3A, 4T-3T
(3) spread eagle 4T sandwich, 3A, 4S-3T
(4) 4S, spread eagle 3A sandwich, 4T-3T
(5) 4T, spread eagle 3A sandwich, 4S-3T
(6) 4S, back counter 3A spread eagle, 4T-3T
(7) 4T, back counter 3A spread eagle, 4S-3T

Any other permutations?

Last edited:

gsyzf

Medalist
Actually, the safest layout is 4t3t/4s, 3a. If he misses the combo, he can add 3t after 4s. If he pops any of the quads, he won't zayak. Maybe that's why he is practicing different quad combos and quads with different entries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.