2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time

Red Helicopter

Rinkside
Miyahara's scores are shocking: 3 clearly underrorated triple jumps of 3 - and not even single UR in protocol. Her real score is 7-8 points less.
I'll not be surprised if one day we'll see Olympic Champion with 10 underrotated jumps in both programs.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really hope so! She has to make sure and had no UR and no falls. She has potential! 6th place out of 19! :D that's really good!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
To her credit it's probably one of the more graceful board recoveries I've seen

She didn't actually crash into the board and have to pick herself up.

The Singles SPs rub in the facts that currently the best Ladies are Russians and that, except for Fernandez, Men's Worlds medal contenders are outside the Euro zone. Let's hope the Ladies LPs will be more inspirational.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So happy for Satoko. I liked her performance at Nationals better than this one, as she seemed to have more speed then, but she didn't fall, and I love her delicate style.
Rika was solid today, as she has been all year. And this has been a tremendous surprise to me. Last season, and the year before she did not seem to be improving very much. Suddenly, she is stable, more confident, able to land her jumps...it's pretty amazing. She has yet to do a program I can actually like, but I like her a lot.

I LOVED Zijun Li! I'm glad she is in the running for a medal. She still looks frail to me, but please, please keep it together for the FS.

The Canadian girls were fun to watch too.
Overall, it was pretty interesting to watch. Not a disaster by any means.

:cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Miyahara's scores are shocking: 3 clearly underrorated triple jumps of 3 - and not even single UR in protocol. Her real score is 7-8 points less.
I'll not be surprised if one day we'll see Olympic Champion with 10 underrotated jumps in both programs.
Well... it's only in 4CC where JSF has strong influence.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Well... it's only in 4CC where JSF has strong influence.

i doubt it has anything to do with JSF, everyone said japanese skaters would get goe+pcs boost at NHK and that didnt happen, plus they had pretty strict tech caller for nationals, dont think they had any effect at all, considering 4CC is at korea, besides i am no expert but only 3T looked on border to me, other jumps were fine, they were hard on her this season since the beginning, they might give her benefit of doubt

Ekm

On the Ice
It seems Polina has put herself in decent position to medal, she's had some strong free skates this season ( unfortunately she's typically been trying to dig herself out of the hole from the short).

yyyskate

Record Breaker
It seems absurd to me that they would have any kind of advantage in Korea...This is not their home country.

it is power in ISU and Fed power, politics, behind scene deals, Korean and Chinese skaters rarely get any home inflation. Zijun gets higher PCS at Japan, and fans joked perhaps Japan is Zijun's home ice.:biggrin:
also, who is your countries no1, what discipline of what country in what event should medal... etc....

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
It seems absurd to me that they would have any kind of advantage in Korea...This is not their home country.
+2GOE for Shoma's 3A and only 1.57 GOE for Joshua's excellent 3A.
I rest my case.

it is power in ISU and Fed power, politics, behind scene deals, Korean and Chinese skaters rarely get any home inflation. Zijun gets higher PCS at Japan, and fans joked perhaps Japan is Zijun's home ice.:biggrin:
also, who is your countries no1, what discipline of what country in what event should medal... etc....
I get the idea.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

It's fine to joke about it...but is there any real proof other than a skater getting higher scores than someone thinks is deserved? In that case, Gracie also got some sort of underhanded advantage? It just seems like an easy phrase to throw around when one doesn't agree with the scores. 'No one can prove or disprove it so why not just say that the Federations are dishonest?'

I don't have inside knowledge of how Feds work, so this is a serious question.

NaVi

Medalist
i doubt it has anything to do with JSF, everyone said japanese skaters would get goe+pcs boost at NHK and that didnt happen, plus they had pretty strict tech caller for nationals, dont think they had any effect at all, considering 4CC is at korea, besides i am no expert but only 3T looked on border to me, other jumps were fine, they were hard on her this season since the beginning, they might give her benefit of doubt

I'm not good at these things, but looking at it now from youtube all of her jumps look borderline underrotated to me except her 2A. I don't really have a problem with not calling it but I also don't think she's completely solved the issue.

Last edited:

Junstella

Rinkside
It doesn't matter if they're in Korea, Korea doesn't have any power in figure skating.

And apparently they have no power here either. Nobody remember how Sochi crowds treated those top-level skaters but still blaming audiences just for holding some pieces of banner.

What makes me even more shocked is how KSU banned Korean FS fans hanging placard. They said there was no Sochi-related thing, then what are they afraid of?:unsure:

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist

and what makes you think korea cares? i highly doubt the korean public and the KSU cares about 4cc and the judging here..even if it's held in seoul.. been there done that..

Interspectator

Record Breaker
and what makes you think korea cares? i highly doubt the korean public and the KSU cares about 4cc and the judging here..even if it's held in seoul.. been there done that..

The point is, I don't think that Korea FED 'caring' or 'not caring' has anything to do with the scores here. -Not until there is actual proof of the fact one way or another. The skaters skated the way the skated. Satoko skated a clean, difficult, program. So, she is in the lead. -And not even by very much. It doesn't seem unfair to me.