2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time

r1kubu

Rinkside
Short program requirement:
"Triple or quadruple jump immediately preceded by connecting steps"

Shoma did 3A from a difficult eagle position. Joshua went into 3A from relatively simple steps.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I picked a good time to wake up and read this thread ... :slink:

And judging by the scores, sleeping was a good idea.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
The point is, I don't think that Korea FED 'caring' or 'not caring' has anything to do with the scores here. -Not until there is actual proof of the fact one way or another. The skaters skated the way the skated. Satoko skated a clean, difficult, program. So, she is in the lead. -And not even by very much. It doesn't seem unfair to me.

i know..

i'm just saying that judging in figure skating is consistent.. you know full of controversies..

Meoima

Match Penalty
Shoma did 3A from a difficult eagle position. Joshua went into 3A from relatively simple steps.
Some people would give Shoma +1 GOE at most for that jump. But As BOP said, most of his jumps should have gotten 0 GOE and that's it. And seriously I have seen more than 10 people complaint that Joshua got so little GOE for his 3A.

They didn't take into account the quality of the jumps. it's like rewarding Serafima's tano jumps higher GOE than Liza's huge luzt.

Nevertheless, I never said I disagree with the placement. But the way judges give out huge GOE for so so executed jumps make me just roll my eyes.

I really like Satoko's LP. But her SP does nothing to me. And her jumps here should have been downgraded. But given into account how poorly Gracie skated, Satoko taking the lead is right IMO.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I picked a good time to wake up and read this thread ... :slink:

And judging by the scores, sleeping was a good idea.

It wasn't so bad. But I'm glad you got some sleep.

Polina did well. She skated a clean SP...which is better than her earlier GP skates by miles.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

that rule isnt for 3A, axel is a must and one triple/quad(which rule addresses) and one jump combination

minze

Medalist
Can we stop with these corruption theories? Do you have any proof of behind the scene deals, etc?

No they don't. Please ,Satoko was underscored on the GP. Where was the so call power her federation there?

Last edited:

thom

Rinkside
Chartrand: "That was good considering I felt like sh*t."

OMG this girl has just earned about 3000 brownie points from me.

She's officially become my new favorite skater. If she said it looking straight into the camera, we're getting married.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I know this is part of figure skating, but this smells so putrid. How could judges give Gracie -1 for the 3T landing. It was no flowing edge (of course, no place for that). In other sports you get big deductions/disqualifications, as it it considered leaving the designed area. Now, I wouldn't have killed Gracie for that mistake. But -2 or even -3 GOE would be more appropriate. That was not a good planning/position to start a jump combination. It is a mistake...+ 1A and after all this, leading the pack?!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mah... As I have said... I still think the placements overall are okay.
But the GOE they gave... :rolleye:

katymay

Medalist
I would have put Polina in 1st. Go figure. I haven't looked at the protocols yet, but it seems that some of the judging for this was a bit wonky.

Junstella

Rinkside
this 4cc is another example that it takes half decade for skaters from weak federations to get proper GOE and PCS.
Just look at Zijun. Her speed and expression got much better than last comp(also skating skills!) but still judges were stingy to give her more than 30....Ugh:cry:

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Polina's LP dress is worse then the short. She needs to be completely revamped, hair, makeup and costume. She just looks 12.

ITA. Her styling is terrible. That long program dress reminds me of Oksana Baiul's LP dress at the '94 Olympics. She needs to look up Michelle's styling changes from '95 to '96. I'm not saying she should do the same thing, just that she needs to see how important styling can be.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched Gracie's SP, thanks to Mike/Sabinfire. Wow, glad she didn't crash into the boards much as sort of tap and push away. I guess that's considered a hand-down?

To me, the rink looks huge compared to the one at Nationals, so she shouldn't have these issues, right? To be safer, she should be starting her lutz launch closer to the middle of the rink. Knowing her jumps can have huge ice coverage, this is something that they need to figure out so she doesn't wind up doubling her second jump or crashing into the boards.

Still don't see how she got 32 TES with two major mistakes. PCS I get, but the TES leaves me scratching my head, like many of you. Frank's face in the K&C said it all, even though he always looks constipated even when he's happy!

She may be able to go ahead of Satoko in the free if she is clean since they are only 2 points apart.

I also saw Zijun's skate - her laybacks are so pretty. She's one of the loveliest skaters out there.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I would have put Polina in 1st. Go figure. I haven't looked at the protocols yet, but it seems that some of the judging for this was a bit wonky.

Me too! Satoko looks and skates like a junior and why her PCS are higher than Polina's is a mystery to me.