2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time

yyyskate

Record Breaker
zijun could get 28 PCS, thanks to her last entry order. if she came out earlier, she will receive lower PCS.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
The Russian ladies are going to dominate partially because other skaters can hold it together, as evidenced by this outing.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
ITA. Her styling is terrible. That long program dress reminds me of Oksana Baiul's LP dress at the '94 Olympics. She needs to look up Michelle's styling changes from '95 to '96. I'm not saying she should do the same thing, just that she needs to see how important styling can be.

I don't think the SP is that bad, yes, I can agree on the LP styling. And than look where bad styling got Oksana.

chloepoco

Medalist
Me too! Satoko looks and skates like a junior and why her PCS are higher than Polina's is a mystery to me.

Satoko definitely does not skate like a junior. Her jumps may be small, but she has a maturity about her that belies her age.

andromache

Record Breaker
Just based on the scoresheets it looks like I might want to avoid watching this one. Any standout skates aside from the mistakes?

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Short program requirement:
"Triple or quadruple jump immediately preceded by connecting steps"

Shoma did 3A from a difficult eagle position. Joshua went into 3A from relatively simple steps.

I´m lost, I thought this was the ladies thread... :confused::shrug:

Last edited:

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
You don't think Polina looks and skated like a junior as well? I'm actually very surprised.

No I don't. She has better ice coverage, more speed and her jumps and spins are stronger. It doesn't help that Satoka looks like she's nine. At least Polina looks her age, a teenager.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I do! She telegraphs some of her jumps and looks a little slow out there in comparison to those ahead of her

I'm just really surprised that cjsk8fan doesn't think Polina at least looks like a junior (at least three or four years younger than her age). Her hair alone (esp in the free skate--with the side braid and the hair clips) screams junior, not to mention her costume choices as well.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
Satoko definitely does not skate like a junior. Her jumps may be small, but she has a maturity about her that belies her age.[/QUOT
I guess we can agree to disagree. I think she is a pleasant skater, but to me she looks like a junior. In a year I probably will feel differently after she physically matures.

Ekm

On the Ice
The Russian ladies are going to dominate partially because other skaters can hold it together, as evidenced by this outing.

I wouldn't count Ashley out, but it does seem that the medal chase at worlds will be between the three Russian ladies and Wagner, unless Gracie can skate much better than this. The other ladies, unfortunately, do not seem up to that level.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I just wish to see Gracie to have the skate of her life at WC, isn't that too much to ask? With all her potential, huge jumps, skating skill... It's such a waste if she couldn't hold herself together.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
from what I read, Gracie seems goes into combo with faster speed than practice..........:cry:
EDIT: her 2A is not particularly strong, I can forgive her for that, but all those are stupid mistakes, come on, you can land a 2A....:cry:

Last edited: