2015 Worlds Gala Exhibition March 29 | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Gala Exhibition March 29

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
i think the main issue for IOC is not money... it's the fact that the sport isn't globally practiced... it's popular in 4 or 5 countries... to be an Olympic sport, it requires much more than that..
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?54569-Junior-and-Senior-Synchro-Team-Lists

Synchro has teams competing at a junior or senior international level from more countries than you think, about 20 or so countries compete from all continents except Antarctica and South America.

Australia has many quite good synchro teams. Japan and Mexico and South Africa send teams to either junior or senior worlds. New Zealand has a team. Check out the lists. And with all the talented young girls who have taken up skating in Korea, they definitely should put a team together! I am hoping this gala by Team Unique will inspire more Asian teams to form.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
This is totally off topic, but there were remarks about the difficulty of English last night and I was reminded of this poem I did actually manage to read it all aloud, but OMG.
haha thanks a lot for the link!
all of this makes me even more sad that I slacked & was such a sucky student at the Uni :laugh:

Flo - hmm I prefer him in a more energetic programm
K/S - What a Carmen! I really wish they will come to WTT. They really must have a chance to end the season with a bang. Worrying about them isnt good for my health ((:)cry:
Gracie's dress is super pretty (though I still struggle to see what's so special about her...)
Misha & Den--->>>> please indeed be in every Gala in the world. You cant take your eyes off of them! (not to mention Elena as a guest star:love: There should be more surprises like that)
Jason - whats with all the hate for Cotton eye Joe??? awesome throwback to be to the good ol times. & he pulle dit off brilliantly.
Liza - ugh the dress is super pretty but....need to be adjusted to the purpose of skating
S/H - haha well only thanks to some comments on GS I could understand what this Zombie/Plant thing is all about.
P/T - I bow down! I wish they come here for some Ice show! eyegasm! legends & classic for me!:bow:
Nam - he was born to be a performer. He & Elena R evoke the same sunny feeling in me. Instantly makes you believe the future is bright.
W/P - she's crying bb I feel sorry. Im not the biggest fan of them but her hobby being
Javi - ..... I need time to get into that
Juzy - well he's bigger than all of us )))

the ending was brilliant! But as usual I need pausing. so many aweosme people in 1 frame is too much to handle!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
as i have mentioned earlier, to accept a new sport, it's not just about who participates but also who can win… simple examples:

1) curling… until asian countries really picked it up it was not accepted at the games… it took several demonstration events at the OG to get it on the official program.

2) there's been a talk in recent years about eliminating women's hockey from the OG… why? because Canada and USA always won the gold and silver…. I don't know enough about synchro but I do check the results… and it seems at first glance that Finland and Canada, Russia and USA are always the 4 countries to do well… 4 countries is not enough to bring in a new sport. That's all i am saying. IOC almost got rid of wrestling which is worldwide… because they are constantly trying to reduce the number of sports (especially in summer), so in order to get synchro in, the ISU will need to manage quite a stunt. I'd be happy for more skating that's for sure!!!
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?54569-Junior-and-Senior-Synchro-Team-Lists

Synchro has teams competing at a junior or senior international level from more countries than you think, about 20 or so countries compete from all continents except Antarctica and South America.

Australia has many quite good synchro teams. Japan and Mexico and South Africa send teams to either junior or senior worlds. New Zealand has a team. Check out the lists. And with all the talented young girls who have taken up skating in Korea, they definitely should put a team together! I am hoping this gala by Team Unique will inspire more Asian teams to form.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l08rz_2015-worlds-ex-finale-ending_sport
Gala Fanale from the Japan broadcast. The quad battle at a better angle. And you can see that Yuzu and Fernandez had to really pull Nam to get him to do the battle with them. :biggrin:

After that there is a montage of Team Japan happenings of 2014-15. Very dramatic.

The camera work overall has miffed me at WC.
They do too many close ups.
Especially when Yuzu and Javi were skating together. Focus on both of them...it's not Yuzu who won gold. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow!!! A Gala thread with 31 pages!!!! :jaw:

Haven't watched the gala yet, as the Formula 1 was on at the same time (plus I haven't seen the last group of the Men's FS yet, so I didn't want to find out the results ;) ).

But I just want to congratulate British Eurosport / Sky for forgetting to change their clocks to British Summer Time. :sarcasm:

Because of your brilliant work in (not) adjusting the EPG listings, my Sky+ box didn't start recording the Gala until Nam Nguyen was doing his routine, an hour after it should have started recording. :mad:

So, well done!!! :sarcasm:

That was nearly as good a job as CBC did with their livestreaming of the Men's FS yesterday...! (After watching the brilliant quality CBC stream all week, it was a major disappointment to have to watch a poorer quality Спорт stream until Eurosport came on air).

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

thoakun

Final Flight
as i have mentioned earlier, to accept a new sport, it's not just about who participates but also who can win… simple examples:

1) curling… until asian countries really picked it up it was not accepted at the games… it took several demonstration events at the OG to get it on the official program.

2) there's been a talk in recent years about eliminating women's hockey from the OG… why? because Canada and USA always won the gold and silver…. I don't know enough about synchro but I do check the results… and it seems at first glance that Finland and Canada, Russia and USA are always the 4 countries to do well… 4 countries is not enough to bring in a new sport. That's all i am saying. IOC almost got rid of wrestling which is worldwide… because they are constantly trying to reduce the number of sports (especially in summer), so in order to get synchro in, the ISU will need to manage quite a stunt. I'd be happy for more skating that's for sure!!!

I take it that SS lacks diversity among contending countries. There're approximately 20 countries who have teams, but the sport is dominated by four main countries. Another issue with SS frequently mentioned is that it's difficult to televise. I've never watched a skating event live, and I understand that the problem does exist, but I feel that the problem is more evident in SS. It's harder for me to see circles, lines, blocks, wheels, intersections, move in isolation etc. I have the same problem watching group rhythmic on TV, but at least there's only 5 in a group.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l08rz_2015-worlds-ex-finale-ending_sport
Gala Fanale from the Japan broadcast. The quad battle at a better angle. And you can see that Yuzu and Fernandez had to really pull Nam to get him to do the battle with them. :biggrin:

After that there is a montage of Team Japan happenings of 2014-15. Very dramatic.

The camera work overall has miffed me at WC.
They do too many close ups.
Especially when Yuzu and Javi were skating together. Focus on both of them...it's not Yuzu who won gold. :biggrin:

Love this final montage summary of team Japan, really nicely done. BBC do this at the end of all big events too, not sure why they are not broadcasting this year. Actually they haven't done it since 2013?!

Along with Shoma, Wakaba is going to be exciting to see next year, she has that 'it' girl thing going on that Julia has. It should be interesting to see how they do.

Do anyone have the complete end gala in its entirety? These are the most revealing insights to skaters personality. Love them... thanks!

BTW CaroLiza_fan did you tape Liza's ex in HD... if so, you might want to sit down and try not to have a heart attack.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
for those who couldnt watch the gala live, BESP just started to show their coverage again

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this site who genuinely likes Jason's exhibition number and I generally can't stand that kind of music. He has so much fun performing for the audience and they just love the program and him. :yes:

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
popular and having a chance to medal.. sorry that wasn't clear... it's traditionally finland, canada, russia and usa in the top... and it never moves... IOC almost wanted to cancel women's hockey because it was the same deal...

Sweden has won many world titles in synchro. Don't forget about them.

doze

On the Ice
Gracie should just make her new gala her short program for next year because if is freakin beautiful.

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Gracie's gala performance is fantastic, really beautiful and elegant. I love that costume.

Just watched Chock/Bates gala performance and thought that was really beautiful, too. Love Maddie's dress, it's a very soft look for her.

Last edited: