2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

inskate

On the Ice
inskate said:
Yuna seems to be working on 3A as well (here's a gif of her doing 3A off-ice: hxxp://i62.tinypic.com/4t60s8.gif

Just as I have always maintained. Jumping has nothing to do with ice skating -- it is a dry land acrobatic skill.

The only place where skating comes in is landing gracefully on a secure flowing edge. :yes: ;)

Actually, it doesn't seem to be so simple! ;) The reason I posted the gif was because it's so rare to see a skater being able to rotate 3A off-ice. The only ones I remember doing that were Emanuel Sandhu (a ballet dancer) and Midori Ito (really powerful legs, plus she sometimes used an elevation to give herself more time to rotate. IIRC this was how she fractured the bone in her leg once). Most of the skaters I've seen were able to do "2A" or "3L" at most. Yuna's attempt was interesting, because she's one of the few skaters that approached the jump running (thus giving herself a fraction of second more time in the air).

However, in this recent article (http://sports.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/all/1415/columndtl/201507150004-spnavi?page=1 ) Yuna said that although she can rotate 3A off-ice, she's never actually managed to land it on-ice. It is her goal for the future though.

(Sorry for getting off-topic! :hopelessness: )

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Mattieu

Medalist
Thanks for the link! Not a lot of info though, maybe French members could tell more?

Yes, it is him!
He has been coaching in Switzerland, and is starting to carve a name for himself as a choreographer. He has been working with the FFSG, choreographing some of the singles skaters programs.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn Osmond

SP-La Vie En Rose (Cyndi Lauper cover)
FS-Tango medley by Astor Piazzola

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/07/22/137986580

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pairs

Marissa Castelli & Mervin Tran USA
SP Ain't No Sunshine; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP A medley of Journey songs: "Don't Stop Believin'" in instrumental and vocal versions, "Open Arms" and "Any Way You Want It; choreography by Julie Marcotte

Castelli/Tran's SP is "Summertime."

(Way back when, the SP music originally had gotten garbled on Twitter and/or IN.)

bramweld

Record Breaker
:yes:. I dont understand why Lambiel did a program like that, she is not a nobody, she is the current world champion.

Lambiel (TBH any choreographer) was clueless in thinking that Mishin had any interest in allowing Liza to expand her horizons at the cost of solid jumps. A program like that needed a different type of skater, Kostner for example.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
:yes:. I dont understand why Lambiel did a program like that, she is not a nobody, she is the current world champion.

I guess it's no matter how talented either party is, if you don't gel then it won't come out well. Sometimes we lament about how some skaters don't switch up choreographers but truth is they probably work together really well and it's more worth it/comfortable to continue to work with the same people than to jump around and risk wasting precious time. It's July and Eliza has to start all over and many skaters have already revealed their programs at ice shows and probably got a lot more practice in. I wish Eliza all the best and I hope she likes her new programs.

uhh

Medalist

There was an interview with Mishin a couple of weeks after Liza had worked with Stephane, saying something like "we liked the work we did with Stephane, but now we need to go through it with our team to refine it", so I would guess that the version we saw doesn't have a lot to do with what Stephane did.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Well, if she ditched that hideous program I'd have nothing against it :slink:

I think that whoever the choreographer may be, the programs for Mishin skaters turn out hideous.... A bit like what happened with Weir´s David Wilson program, LOL. Those coaches concentrate more on jumps...

Layback11

Record Breaker
Hannah Miller

SP: "Big Spender"/"Rich Man's Frug" from "Sweet Charity" (musical), choreo. by Rohene Ward

Elizabet Tursynbaeva

SP-"Send in the Clowns" cover (singer not specified)

https://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/2015-skate-detroit-live-video-stream/

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just noticed when checking the OP that we're in for more Beyoncé this year. *%*#?!!!!!

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I just noticed when checking the OP that we're in for more Beyoncé this year. *%*#?!!!!!

Oh gosh...
If you must use Beyoncé, PLEASE do it in the exhibition!

I'm not exactly a Beyoncé fan to begin with, and I almost always hate competitive programs with pop-especially bubblegum pop *shudders*-though there are a few exceptions. So this Beyoncé/gatsby/everything 'poppy' that exists craze is not really my thing. I liked phantom better. Heck, even Carmen-which is decidedly not my favorite-would be better.

Leave the pop for your exhibition program, please. That's the point of the exhibition.

(I must say, though, I'm rather curious about Florent's "Happy" SP :p)