2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The latest news on Liza's programs:

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1031582764.html

Mishin is saying there are still a few versions for the LP: it could be a blues, Giselle or something contemporary. Now, I really do not see Liza in Giselle, what do you think? And are they not running out of time a bit?

Ahh, good old classic Papa Mishin trolling.

Don't you worry, they'll know exactly what it is, he just loves messing with people.

mrrice

Record Breaker
:love: Guys and Dolls, but that covers a lot of music. I would like to see Fugue for Tinhorns in there, although I think it would be impossible, even for Javi, to actually skate. I will settle for most of Luck Be a Lady...

Malagueña, meh.

I've danced in Guys and Dolls twice. Fugue for Tinhorns would be a horrible choice for anything but an exhibition. Luck Be A Lady would be great however, he shouldn't use the movie version because it's horrible. I'm sure he can find a good cut from a Broadway Version. I love Javi and hope he has another great season.

Last edited:

blue eyed birds

Spectator
:jaw: I just didn't think this was possible - that is, that someone would actually skate a competitive program to Led Zeppelin. But if anyone (from pairs skaters) can pull this off it is probably them. We have yet to know if they will really skate to Led Zeppelin, of course, or will it be some instrumental version of the song.

By the way, thanks, sses1.

It's the real thing -- the info came from their performance at Skate Detroit itself. (Unfortunately because of this, audio is also being muted on most uploads of it to YouTube.)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

Interspectator

Record Breaker
i cannot begin to tell you how much i love this program already (apart from mentioning it at every related thread XD)!! very well balanced and fits her style perfectly, we still havent seen most of the programs but this one will be one of the best i think :love:

:agree: While for some of my other favorites, I need to say, 'It's still to early to tell' and 'I'm sure it will improve' and 'let's give it some time' for Satoko's program I can say YES! This is good, this is a great program right now. In a week or so we will see her new SP, I can't wait.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ahh, good old classic Papa Mishin trolling.

Don't you worry, they'll know exactly what it is, he just loves messing with people.

And he likes to mess with his skaters, too.... Just remembering how he described with glowing words what a wonderful artistic programme Plushenko will have for the 2002 Olympic season. Rather late in the Olympic season that was changed into "Carmen", I believe.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:jaw: I just didn't think this was possible - that is, that someone would actually skate a competitive program to Led Zeppelin. But if anyone (from pairs skaters) can pull this off it is probably them. We have yet to know if they will really skate to Led Zeppelin, of course, or will it be some instrumental version of the song.

By the way, thanks, sses1.

According to wikipedia, Kevin Reynolds did a Led Zeppelin medley in the 2009-2010 season for his FP.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Just curious, which Mao program would this one be a tribute to?

It is Mao in general. From choice / structure of the music, pacing, tilt of the head, arm movements, posture, stillness, control how they hold and sell each phrasing, pretty going for the same ethreal quality Mao does bring to her programs like Liberstraume, Nocturne No.2, Clair de lune, down to the final poses, You honestly don't see it? Mao would have been a natural for this program.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It is Mao in general. From choice / structure of the music, pacing, tilt of the head, arm movements, posture, stillness, control how they hold and sell each phrasing, pretty going for the same ethreal quality Mao does bring to her programs like Liberstraume, Nocturne No.2, Clair de lune, down to the final poses, You honestly don't see it? Mao would have been a natural for this program.

Interesting. I could see Mao doing this program, but I don't see Mao in any of Satoko's skating. There isn't that kind of connection in my mind between the two of them.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Interesting. I could see Mao doing this program, but I don't see Mao in any of Satoko's skating. There isn't that kind of connection in my mind between the two of them.

Looks like Michelle/Yuna to me. Lovely & well done, but without Mao's sparkle or originality.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think Satoko's new Lp is lovely. Ready impressed by her improvement. She also looks more mature. But her jumps... :hopelessness:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's been reported that Kovtun skated his new SP at The Ice..."I Can't Dance" by Genesis. :slink:

https://vk.com/maxim_kovtun

I never cared for that song and I really don't know how it would work in a competitive program...but points for originality, I guess.