2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program

peg

Medalist
Yuzuru's PCS higher than Patrick's? Skating Skills, Choreography, Interpretation got 9...........?
I love both of them However I cannot accept that marks.

Agreed. There's no way Yuzu has better skating skills than Patrick

mrrice

Record Breaker
Maybe for Performance/Execution and Choreography he should be awarded.

Skating Skills and Transitions? No.
He doesn't have the strongest edgework. No transitions into the 4Lz. Even if he landed the 4Lz, it should get negative GOE due to 'no preceding steps'

Exactly correct. IMO Patrick deserves the highest PCS scores but, I thought Adam should have been right behind him. Hanyu's program was for him, a disaster and he should have NOT been anywhere near Adam in PCS. Not tonight....

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
A modern version of the Canadian Curse?

No skater will win Gold on Canadian soil if they're either Canadian or coached by a Canadian.

Oh wait, W/P is leading :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
More jokes:

If you're Patrick Chan skating at Skate Chanada, you can fall on a jump and a judge will give you -1.

If you're Nam Nguyen, a fall will net you a couple of -2s. (To be fair, that was a weird one.)

If you're Michal Brezina you can also collect a -2 for a fall.

:rolleye:

Those particular judges are ridiculous. As for Nam's fall, he had essentially landed the jump and the fall was more on the awkward stepout rather than the landing leg, but still I'd have given that -3 given the stepout and scratchy landing even if he hadn't fallen (-2 if I were being generous).

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Did Orser's face look beet red to anyone else?

He is probably concerned about fans clamouring for Hanyu and Elizabet to get a real technical coach. However, I think he is safe just as nobody offered Mao this advice over the last few years.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
What GOE are you talking about? 28 was his TES AFTER GOE.

Yes, I know. You said
I know Hanyu is amazing. But having 28 TES with only 3A out of all jump elements and still being ahead of clean Petrov... :slink:
& I pointed out his massive GOE- compared to everyone else here, that is. On paper, that is what made the difference.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hanyu is lucky that Petrov got dinged for a lip (the only "e" call in the competition), otherwise he'd be out of the 2nd flight. :hopelessness:

Lipea

Final Flight
What the...? Hanyu's where he deserves, in the 6th place. Just in case you didn't notice none of the guys above him skated cleanly or deserved any higher PCS than they got with all their own falls and stumbles. This time I can't even argue Chan's placement. He fell. So did others. He had an invalid jumping pass but he had a pretty good choero and performance to aid his legenedary skating skills, and I'm no Patrick fan to praise him undeservedly. This was no Skate America with home overscoring.
Petrov didn't fall, and didn't double anything. They punished him a lot for a wrong edge on flip, but still it was the only clean performance. Of course, Hanyu's PCS has to be higher than others, but not that much with this kind of TECH... I bet Mishin is mad.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Petrov didn't fall, and didn't double anything. They punished him a lot for a wrong edge on flip, but still it was the only clean performance. Of course, Hanyu's PCS has to be higher than others, but not with that much with this kind of TECH... I bet Mishin is mad.

Yup, and as I just said, he would have been in the final flight had he not been given the "e" call. Petrov was also quite screwed on PCS - I thought he had a lovely program.

And I maintain that the "e" call deduction is stupid as hell... in this case, it likely cost Petrov the 2nd flight (with the 30% deduction AND extra GOE reduction).

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
All Hallow's Eve tomorrow. I'm not ready for what's to come.

Oh and Yuzuru's first to skate in the 2nd group tomorrow right? :drama:

Last edited: