2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I actually saw Patrick getting only 80...and thought "Yuzu's got this. It'll be around 97..." Oopsie...

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Just finished watching the top 7. I have no issue at all for the PCSs. Patrick and Hanyu got what they deserved, could be higher comparing with what other skaters got. I'd rather watch Patrick and Hanyu's programs with errors than other cleaner programs. They are simply not at the same level.
Hope everybody has a great FS tomorrow!

Patrick needs to change costumes, looks so bulky and cheap.
Adam's hair does not help at all. IMO it's a bad choice.
Like Hanyu's program, has the potential to be great.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you Karne, I admit I was getting really lost, and your explanations were very clear :).

You're welcome. Feel free to ask any questions you need. There's also a "Stupid Questions Thread" in the main forum which, contrary to its name, does not actually contain stupid questions, and where a lot more people will see your questions and answer them. :yes:

Aprilyu

Spectator
I was hoping a better event than SA...I should not expect too much in the beginning of the season. Anyway, still believe tomorrow these guys will bring good performance. At least let me some Olympic medalist (or the world medalist) in the GPF...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I agree about Chan's costume... It looks like something you'd wear to a family Christmas or something. I have no clue how it relates to Mack the Knife.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
This was a big step up for him in terms of sophistication — and a good step. Are they working on his speed? It is the most noticeable thing that keeps him below the likes of Chan and Hanyu.

It's the "bigness" of his skating that is the improvement he's had to make. He could use deeper edges and more flow, but kudos for doing the hardest element of all the guys. Too bad about the axel otherwise he'd surely be leading. But he's well positioned to medal given the SP disasters.

He will have to fight for it though because even on home ice the judges aren't giving him huge PCS (then again, he did have a fall).

peg

Medalist
It's the "bigness" of his skating that is the improvement he's had to make. He could use deeper edges and more flow, but kudos for doing the hardest element of all the guys. Too bad about the axel otherwise he'd surely be leading. But he's well positioned to medal given the SP disasters.

He will have to fight for it though because even on home ice the judges aren't giving him huge PCS (then again, he did have a fall).

I thought Nam looked a bit slower today than he did at the Autumn Classic, and I suspect that factored into his PCS as well. He seemed uncharacteristically nervous today.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
The components for Nam are fair (even without a fall, they shouldn't be much higher), I think...

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Hanyu broke my heart!!!!

He better not be hot and cold in Boston, else Imma rue spending all that $$$.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hanyu broke my heart!!!!

He better not be hot and cold in Boston, else Imma rue spending all that $$$.

Better to get this out of the way early. Somebody pointed out Hanyu never wins his first GP and he will have to fight to break that.

He's quite fortunate Chan doubled his lutz otherwise the gap would be about 14 points instead of 7 (which I think he can surmount with his difficulty).