2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens Free Skate | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens Free Skate

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I think, looking back to this event now, from the quiet of my hotel room, the very high point of the evening? High fiving the Japanese ladies in front of us in row one after Shoma's and Yuzuru's skates, sharing in their joy. That was something special. :love:

liv

Record Breaker
Just amazing. Patrick was amazing, uno was great, the cricket boys were awesome. Javi had one error but then relaxed and made it memorable for the home crowd, then yuzu... oh yuzu. I think those tears were a result of the stress he put on himself to live up to himself, so to speak. Loved javi's reaction with his ' I am not worthy' bowing, lol. What amazing boys brian has!

Stay healthy now, yuzu!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Amazing competition. So glad Patrick was able to do himself justice. It just goes to show that no matter how it may look or how good the skater may be, coming back is really hard. Months ago, no one would've thought Mao would've finished dead last here after what she did at Japan Open (still in absolute shock). I hope he's not too down on himself.

SOOOO happy and thrilled for Shoma. People were predicting he wouldn't even make it to the Final at the beginning of the season but this is a guy that can do it and I knew he had a great chance to not only make it, but medal here.

PCS probably a few points too high for Javier.

The shots of Shoma/Javier/Patrick were great too. I have to say I'm disappointed that Patrick wasn't on the podium too; it seemed like something was missing but that's just how things go.

Surely Yuzu can't beat these scores this season.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
What an incredible competition. I couldn't believe my eyes seeing skater after skater break 100 TES. I don't care if Worlds does not meet this standard (though I hope it will), I'm glad we had one exciting competition with so many people delivering. Congrats to Shoma for his Bronze, Javi on breaking 200, Patrick on redeeming himself and Yuzu for breaking his WR :)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Asada and Chan need to take lessons from Yuna Kim about how to stage a comeback.

People were just complaining a season ago that men's was an unwatchable splatfest. Now look at men's. The most dynamic and exciting of the disciplines.

Kelly

On the Ice
Asada and Chan need to take lessons from Yuna Kim about how to stage a comeback.

People were just complaining a season ago that men's was an unwatchable splatfest. Now look at men's. The most dynamic and exciting of the disciplines.

Someone didn't participate in GP when coming back.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
this was the most awesome event ever :love: I am literally going to slap every single person who ever asks me again why the hell I watch something as boring as figure skating. Slap them! Left and right, and put in a head slap for good measure. This was so many kinds of amazing and exciting, and right now I'm still so hyped, I'm not even going to bother to look for any more adjectives :yahoo:

Rissa

Record Breaker
OMG just back from the arena and I'm just starting to go down from the high. That was so amazing, I never expected it to be so SO good. The atmosphere in the arena felt like mother******g Olympics, I kid you not.

The ladies put everybody in a good mood, and then Patrick set the tone for the event with a wonderful skate and the first standing ovation. There was that feel of "we're starting really high, aren't we, hopefully this is going to be great!" And how about an event where a clean(ish) Patrick Chan is just the beginning? Daisuke was scratchy but not terrible (some of the audience had Junior Men for reference, I guess) and then there was Shoma. Guys, I can't express how unbelieveably good Shoma was, he had amazing expression, so fierce. Every jump he landed worked up the audience a bit more so when he got to the cantilever the applause he got for it didn't stop through the spins to the very end of his program, and then there was just mad standing ovation, just like after Yuzu's SP, when people were just waiting for the moment to finally jump up. And when people were sitting down, all I could think was that we didn't even get to the world champion or to the record breaker yet. Then there was Boyang's turn and lots of ooooh-ing and wooooow-ing over his jumps because the height and distance on the good ones were so freaking impressive. A girl next to me was beside herself on whether Boyang's tech would put him ahead of Shoma before she remembered Shoma's almost 90 PCS. Then Javi took the ice and scared everybody with his first jump, the tension throught the arena skyrocketed, and then he started to deliver. Every jump landed raised "ole!" or "yeeaaassss!" and the clapping, omg, it was just not possible not to clap along. So at the end there was mad applause again and that feeling of 200€ well spent already, because that s**t (in the best possible way) was worth every cent and omg did Javi really break 200 points. We all just freaked. I don't know if Javi was overscored or whatnot but the feeling at seeing that score was glorious. So when Yuzu took the ice, the atmosphere was already hot. When he finished? It was like a volcano of ovation, again everybody was just waiting to jump up. Like all Christmases came at once, like people couldn't believe what we have just seen. Not just masterclass Yuzu, Yuzu, and Javi, and Shoma, and Patrick and Boyang and Daisuke. The perfect topping to a (almost) perfect competition. Then Yuzu's scores came up and there was tbat really loud sound of jaws drppping everywhe whichafter the applause almost tore the roof off, because was it for real? Even Yuzu seemed not to know what to do with himself and it was a bit gratifying to see that he was just as freaked as the audience if not more.

God, it was unbelieveable, I can only hope Worlds will be something similar! I don't know what the casual fans who just came to see Javi and some figure skating were thinking, because the atmosphere throught was incredible. It started good, then got better, and better, and better and I think all the figure skating fans had the feeling of having just witnessed something rare

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
And still won at the biggest events.

Just 2013 Worlds with a subpar Kostner and a Mao who was in the midst of relearning her jumps (something Yuna could've even do to try to get a loop and fix that toe hammer on her Lutz).

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
We just got a 2nd pic with Brian - but it was important, because this is the sliiiiightly drunk version!

He was so happy and smily. And a friend was at his right side, I was going over to her, and Brian said "I have another side!!"

He was so cute and nice!!! (and drunk :laugh: )

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm too happy for words. Yuzu, Javi and Shoma, my dream podium for this group. Patrick got his redemption and Boyang and Murakami were so endearing too. The best competition I've ever seen. Hooray!

da96103

Record Breaker
Worlds 2017 in Finland... Hopefully he'll be in nice condition and have an even better program then. :p

Someone, please skate to Finlandia.....must be done....it will signify the liberation of figure skating.....I mean Finland.
If Yuzu does it, it will be ultra-epic-Yuzurian-dramatic. But I supposed Seimei will be kept for another season.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Someone, please skate to Finlandia.....must be done....it will signify the liberation of figure skating.....I mean Finland.
If Yuzu does it, it will be ultra-epic-Yuzurian-dramatic. But I supposed Seimei will be kept for another season.

I don't think so. He's never repeated a LP before and there is absolutely nothing more he can do with that program (except perform the original version but that will never happen due to levels). It'll be a new SP/LP for next season, and they will use that to test the waters for the Olympic season.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Random question if anyone wants to take a wing at it...Who do you predict as 2-5 at Worlds if everyone skated completely clean programs? Long shot but still....after today, nothing is impossible.