1.class: Medvedeva, Radionova
2.class: Pogorilaya, Rodeghiero
3.class: Kuchvalska, Helgesson, Weinzierl, Meite, Rajicova

biggest surprise: nothing special, maybe weinzierl

biggest diappointness: Bock, Lafuente

ugliest dress: Pogorilaya

Kittosuni

Medalist
Pogorilaya needs to skate lights out or win FS to secure her spot for worlds. even if she win 3rd but skate so-so i think the RusFed will doubt her

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS 72.55 1 video Q
2 Elena RADIONOVA RUS 70.96 2 video Q
3 Anna POGORILAYA RUS 63.81 3 video Q
4 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA 61.01 4 video Q
5 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT 58.99 5 video Q
6 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 58.13 6 video Q
7 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER 57.36 7 Q
8 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 57.35 8 video Q
9 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK 57.24 9 video Q
10 Ivett TOTH HUN 55.54 10 video Q

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Pogorilaya needs to skate lights out or win FS to secure her spot for worlds. even if she win 3rd but skate so-so i think the RusFed will doubt her

But who else will replace her? Julia Lip is rebuilding her technique, Liza is pretty inconsistent this year. I could only think of Maria Sots but she's going to Junior worlds :confused2:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Still wondering why are Evgenia's PCS almost 1p over Elena's, but anyway...nice performances from the Russian ladies:) I hope Anna's going to keep the 3rd place after the FS
I think it's her mostly Elena's posture. So if I were a judge I would say that her positions in the body transitions are not good. And they really are not, she's marked quite high for that anyway.
And she could be great if she would really work on that.

Vernella

Rinkside

Why should they doubt her? :scratch2: I understand that she's quite unpredictable, but didn't she earn her spot already competing against all the other candidates?
(also, I love her dress)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I expected Russian girls, and especially Zhenia, to be tight in Europeans. It's better to have off-performances now, though, than at Worlds.

Also, I'm getting nervous now:D If they'll get points like now - then no guarantee for gap after the short.

Agree, but for Anna mistakes here may mean they send someone else to Worlds. I mean, Tuk has major SP issues too, and Lip and Sotnikova generally struggle in the FS, so it's far from a done deal, but they could wind up sending someone else to Worlds instead of Anna if one of those 3 can skate 2 clean programs at the Russian Cup final. Who knows.

I personally hoping Anna can have a great FS and win bronze convincingly and get the spot to Worlds. We shall see. I thought she was fabulous today despite the pop. Really wish for her sake that she did the 3lo though, it would be interesting to see what her score would have been clean. If you just compare the combo, 2a, and the rest of the program, I thought Anna was better than Elena, but skating clean helps and I would give Radio more +GOE on spins, so I think the marks and placements are right. I maybe would have scored Kuchvalska a little closer to Rodgherio though.

Perdita

Final Flight
Anna made a mistake but still it was a fabulous skate to my eyes:)
And my girl Angelina was amazing! Yay! Her programme tomorrow includes some unbelievably horrible music editing, honestly, but hope she'll have another decent skate tomorrow!
Good luck girls at FS :hap10:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Anna's was my favorite Euros SP performance. I love this program to bits!
Next Evgenia and then Radionova.

Loved Joshi and Rajicova as well.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But who else will replace her? Julia Lip is rebuilding her technique, Liza is pretty inconsistent this year. I could only think of Maria Sots but she's going to Junior worlds :confused2:

Maria can do both worlds.....I think she's old enough...yeah I just checked. She's old enough.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Why should they doubt her? :scratch2: I understand that she's quite unpredictable, but didn't she earn her spot already competing against all the other candidates?
(also, I love her dress)

Sending Sotskova to Youth Olympics and JW pretty much removes her from the discussion for Worlds which is a shame because she's the only one that really is reliable among the girls in contention for the Worlds spot.

At this point, Anna, Liza, Julia, and Adelina are all unpredictable. They could be great and could be awful, but at this point, I would say Anna and Liza have more upside potential than the other 2. Anna at least skated 2 clean programs at 2 competitions this season, and Tuk was pretty good in both programs at a couple of senior Bs and her FS at Skate Canada was really strong. Julia is reliable for the SP but not the FS so far this season, and Adelina has the same FS issues as Julia but isn't even always solid in the SP.

So I think, realistically, the choice should be between Liza and Anna. But if Anna skates well in the FS here and Tuk doesn't skate a clean SP at the Russian Cup Finals, I figure they may as well send Anna. But who knows, I guess Tuk's reputation gives her a chance to place higher at Worlds if she doesn't skate well.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
At least no one is getting undeserved 9's in their PCS.

Well actually some judges came up with 9s for Medvedeva which I just DON'T get...This system is totally losing credibility to me and is sending the wrong message to the youngsters...If you do amazing jumps you are rewarded as if you were straight away the 'complete package', the best you could be/achieve in the sport...In a few years (and it's probably already happening) no skater or coach will have any interest in developing top level skating skills ecc. but just push and push to have more triples or quads.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
but they could wind up sending someone else to Worlds instead of Anna if one of those 3 can skate 2 clean programs at the Russian Cup final. Who knows.
yep it's not only up to Anna's perf here but RC final results

berry8

Final Flight
What about Elena's 3F? :/
Watching it on TV it seemed superb to me:/
She got +0.10 GOE for that although some judges gave her -2 :/

According to me she deserved the first place :S

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
One judge gave just 2.25 :eekn: for the Performance / Execution of Viveca LINDFORS. Is this a typo?

You're right! :eek: I would think it is since none or the other elements are scored that low, but a typo in the protocols? That hurts, and the judges pay attention (or should) to the scores they give. Although I think it wouldn't have been enough for 10th

Last edited: