2016-17 GPF Ladies SP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Ladies SP

Warwick360

Medalist
I would use "robot like precision" to describe Satoko, but I don't think there's anything scary or robot like about Evgenia's skating.

By scary, I was referring to her consistency, not her or her appearance. And no, I can't describe Satoko as being robot like since I've seen her commit mistakes quite a few time already in this season alone.

elif

Medalist
Evengia is very talented and she is better than many, but that was not better than Mao's gorgeous Nocturne with a clean 3A at a world championships. I'm not even sure it was better than Yuna's 2010 Olympics SP.

The girl does nearly the same skate every time, what makes this time worth more than last time? Getting points for consistency is a slippery slope and bad for the sport.

Kim's 2010 SP, worst SP of her. Even her junior Tango better than that. I cant believe people hold that SP above, like it is something special.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
But PCS weren't generous at Vancouver tim.. Yuna got only 33 PCS for that skate.

The spiral sq gave about 5-6 points extra TES. Most *top* ladies score within 33-35 PCS except for Evgenia so the PCS inflation doesn't really make up for the missing element.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I still don't understand this huge gap between Kaetlyn-Satoko and Elena-Maria.

both the russians received lower PCS than usual, while Satoko's score is way higher than her usual scores in the SP (around 68-69 at best)

Last edited:

noidont

Final Flight
Great competition though. I think scheduling competition late into the night is definitely a good idea.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Why are so few people in attendance?

Because these organizers messed up big time. Lots of people gave up when they found out that the seats were not numbered, and lots of persistent ones gave up when they had problems with actual buying tickets and/or getting information.

+ the seats have no backs.
+ and this is a big +, the ticket prices for gold seats were WAY WAY WAY more expensive than Barcelona.

Oh, and the venue is in a crappy area when you compare it to the awesomeness of Barcelona i.e. right next door to 1. the beach 2. a gigantic shopping mall and 3. underground, bus and tram transportation.

It pains me to watch the venue with so many empty seats. :-(

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
By scary, I was referring to her consistency, not her or her appearance. And no, I can't describe Satoko as being robot like since I've seen her commit mistakes quite a few time already in this season alone.

Evgenia makes mistakes too, though. She fell at TEB and it wasn't the first time.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia is obviously very talented but her programs haven't yet achieved a senior level of sophistication. Please no more open mouthed facial expressions and fake plastered on smile at the beginning of the program, much less pantomiming speech to someone. And we won't even get into the heavy-handed pantomiming in her borderline tasteless 9/11 theme long program.

Gaping mouth, muscled jumps, excessive tanos (shouldn't there be a Zayak rule on that?), cringeworthy programs that supposedly tell a story and we have no idea wth the story is. :noshake:

Warwick360

Medalist
Kim's 2010 SP, worst SP of her. Even her junior Tango better than that. I cant believe people hold that SP above, like it is something special.

In that case, her worst SP is better than all the other SPs I have seen to date from every other girl. :dev2:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Let the shitstorm begin! :drama: :laugh: I do wonder how many pages this thread will get :laugh:

This is such a bulls... THIS WAS NOT BETTER THAN YUNA IN VANCOUVER AND MAO IN SAITAMA. NO WAY. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker

I guess it's a matter of taste. I love that program. Also not all great skaters and programs might seems great to everyone, just like me and Patrick Chan (even though he is really, really great).

badknees

Medalist
Every judged sport is like this. Kaetlyn was great and earned a fantastic score. Obviously, when a skater who has been defeated once in two seasons skates well again, her scores will continue to build.

Agreed with drivingmissdaisy, (dont know how to quote the entire thread). It's about what was put on the ice that very day, otherwise we would not have had a Lipinski or Hughes or.......many others who came and stole it away because they had a fantastic skate just that one time.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I'll leave my 2 cents and leave: medvedeva's overscoring (more inflated than anyone in the sport) is ruining the ladies competition. Everything is decided before the start, Medvedeva will get a PB or a WR if she hits everytime, regardless of her improvement or the actual quality of her skating (not higher than Osmond's, for example). Low jumps get +3, travelling spins +2, it doesn't matter. That's not how a competition should work.
I'm glad there's still competitive spirit in the other girls because honestly, it must be frustrating to compete with no hope to win because of reputation points. Osmond could have a 3A and that would only put her 1.5 points ahead of Medvedeva.

Plisskin

Medalist
I also want to say this was a well skated event, bar some UR's and that weird thing Anna did on her 2nd jump. Hopefully the Men skate like this in the Free, cause yesterday was a raggedy event.

begin

Medalist
I actually think the judges would've gone for 80 if the audience wasn't so quiet lol.