2017 Russian Nationals Men's SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Men's SP

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I think they are getting a little bit ahead of themselves :rofl: Maybe more of a Denis Ten, considering how inconsistent he is...his track record is not encouraging. Of course, it would be nice if he has sorted himself out - at least he should get higher than 13th place here for once.

some ppl call him 'our Patrick Chan' or 'Lambiel' even:dev2:
It's not about consistency.;) Omg I've heard this performance was some kind of magic from him. It's just about his skating skills, style and lines. And he's good.:)

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I would swap Voronov & Samarin standings after SP but otherwise I agree with most of classification. Early draw hurt him but Sergei is only 2 points behind so LP will be decisive. Tentative miss of 3T after Quad Toe paradoxically helped Samarin to get higher score with combo in 2nd half. I think he planned it there?

Kolyada was awesome! That triple lutz was one of the best that I've ever seen and def. my favourite this season. He was flying and flying, he stopped time - it felt like that. :p Such a talented skater.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Mikhail KOLYADA won the SP! :cheer2::yahoo: I never win these prediction games but, I just love him as he reminds of Ilia Kulik. Sending him good luck and good thoughts from California. You can do it young man.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
It's not about consistency.;) Omg I've heard this performance was some kind of magic from him. It's just about his skating skills, style and lines. And he's good.:)
Well, Andrei has already had one successful showing this season at the Panin Memorial so maybe we'll start seeing this sort of thing more frequently (let's hope, anyway).

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just checked out the results and have watched the top three on youtube. I am really surprised to see Kovtun in 7th and Samarin in 2nd. I did enjoy Samarin.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Speaking of Lazukin, are he and Liza still dating? I know they did, but Liza said something about having no time for love, so are they together of not?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm Hawaii for vacation so I was able to catch some of the men, and for some reason I predicted in my dream that night that Kovtun was not going to do so hot...and well I was right. I watched the first group and half of group 2 on livestream, but I was too tired to watch the rest. So I stopped. And waited until I woke up to check. And well well well.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I know Russia has two men's slots for this season's Worlds, but how many for Europeans?

mrrice

Record Breaker
From silverfoxes, Perhaps she isn't a superficial person and finds him just great the way he is. Whose business is it of anyone else's who she chooses to be with?

Exactly, they may have a lot in common and I would guess he treats her in a way that makes her happy. There's a lot to be said for having someone close to you who understands how you feel. No matter what he looks like, nothing compares to someone who knows all of your faults and loves you anyway. Liza was a star a year ago and then she didn't even make the world team the next year. If he's loved through BOTH seasons, that's a huuuuge plus. Nothing is sexier than loyalty, through thick and thin.

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Three and if they don't have three you know something's really wrong!

Thank you! Does Russia generally determine who goes to Worlds based on Europeans or on Nationals? (Apologies for my lack of knowledge.)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
With Kovtun, now its not a question of will he pop a jump but rather how many?:palmf:

YAY Voronov :hap85: Gonna need him to move up a place a two in the free though.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Ok, back to the men. I just got to watch Mikhail Kolyada's SP. It was a thing of beauty!!!! He's as smooth as silk, his jumps are huge, and he's.........Gooood Loooookin!!! :2thumbs:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Thank you! Does Russia generally determine who goes to Worlds based on Europeans or on Nationals? (Apologies for my lack of knowledge.)

Generally it is nationals but there are many exceptions. Kovtun didn't medal at nationals one year went to euros! Kovtun beaten by menshov and voronov at euros but because he was Russian champion went to worlds. It's really whoever has been the best all season.