2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies SP

Nathan13

Medalist
It's almost time :clap: Here's one event that I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. Also, poor Gracie is in position to skate 13th :hopelessness: I hope she isn't superstitious.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Fancystats page just update with Hannah Miller's content.

IT'S ALMOST HERE GUYS.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
crowd looks pretty packed, i think
I'm not nervous at all watching this...I'm excited.

awesome, they're giving Mariah Bell some TV time
a lot of woman judges....only two are male
they just said mirai nagasu has a triple axel in her program, laughs
mariah skating 9th in second group
omg, mirai skating 18th, 2nd to last in last group (I want to see her go for a triple axel)
Gracie and ashley going head to head in 3rd group.

I see Tessa Hong in the first group! Go Tessa!!
Caroliine Zhang looks pretty strong
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannah miller first to go...Go Hannah!

1. Hannah miller: arabesque music (should have skated to Slumdog millionaire)
3lz (UR), 3f2t, 2a (two footed), she looks disappointed in KnC, score: 48.73

2. Caroline Zhang: The Swan song
3L3L (wow!!), 3F (nice!), she has good speed/flow, 2axel (solid!), overall beautiful program! much respect to Ms. Zhang!, score: 62.55

3. Francesca Chiara: Black Swan song?
3f2t (nice speed), 3Lz (UR, fights landing), 2a, score: 53.97

4. Tessa Hong: Ave Maria (pretty white dress), only 14years old
3Lz(edge call? UR?)3t, 3F(good fight), Ina bauer to 2axel, nice presence on ice, lovely performance, score: 65.02 (in first place)

5. Angela Wang: somewhere over the rainbow, Ryan bradley is her coach!
3F(fall), 2axel, 3L2t (nice), nice performance besides that fall,
score: 58.16

6. Karen Chen: bird program, I like her short program more
3lz3t (huge! beautiful), 3l (nice!), 2axel (got it), strong beautiful performance, she nailed it! the rest of the girls better step up, laughs! all smiles in knC, should score higher than Tessa Hong, score: 72.82!! Dang! new personal best. You go girl! Throw it down!

7. Amber Glenn: Send in the Clowns, 17 years old
ooohhh, hard fall on 3Lz (tilted in air), 3F (arm over head-3t(UR, nice effort after such a hard fall), nice speed/flow across ice, solid 2axel, good effort overall, score: 56.34

8. Courtney Hicks: Music from Maleficent, 21 years old
3f-3t(fall)...awe too bad:((, 3lz UR/fall, 2axel, she doens't look committed to her jumps...maybe nerves/but awesome upbeat music, she looks so disappointed, so far I think she's had the toughest skate, better luck in the long, score: 46.02

9. Mariah Bell: Roxy
Go Mariah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she looks nervous, omg, just relax
3Lz-3t(fall on 3t, awe!!!!!:((((( but they said it was fully rotated, cross my fingers!), beautiful 3F, nice 2axel!....Go girl!!!! Sell it! Good effort!!! She is gorgeous, beautiful despite the fall. Good Attempt!....Good luck on the long Mariah! I love ya! Awe, replay shows 3t was UR. Score: 63.33 (3rd place, not bad)

10. Ashley Wagner: Sweet Dreams, 25 years old
nice makeup, laughs!
Go girl! Upbeat music! 3F3t (nice), sell it girl! a lot of face! 3L (nice), 2axel (looks UR, not a lot of height, woah...), crowd is into it, solid effort, a lot of yellow on her elements (under review), replay: her 3t looks pre-rotated, they need to show it in slower motion, 2axel was completed rotation but scratchy landing, it shouldn't be higher than Karen Chen, should be 5/6 points, less....score: 70.94

11. Bradie Tennell: Remember Me, 18 years old
3lz-3t beautiful!, inspiring music, nice speed, doubled her 3flip (awe!), nice 2axel, nice effort, shame about the 3flip, score: 59.77

12. Ashley Shin: My Way, 19 years old
3F(arms over head)2t...solid, 3lz (edge call?), this song doesn't sound like Frank Sinatra's My Way, ooohhh hard 2axel fall with arm over head, ouch!, pretty blue dress though, good effort, qualified in 4th place at Midwestern Sectionals to make it here, my first time seeing her, at least she looks happy at KnC:) Score: 49.86

13. Gracie Gold: Mr. and Mrs. Smith, black/purple lipstick
I can't tell if she looks nervous or not, looks out of shape
3Lz(tilting in the air, barely made it-3t (good job), weird hop again before doubling the 3F (too bad), 2axel (good job), looks sluggish on the step sequence, nice effort Gracie, but girl, you look so out of shape....they say doubling the 3F is zero poiints for her. No way is this going to beat Ashley and Karen, I wouldn't even put her above Mariah....score: 64.85 (nice try Gracie, just shape up)

14. Megan Wessenberger: I put a spell on you (sexy song)
sell it girl,.....Awe!!!! Huge 3t, but fell on the second 3t jump (think it was fully rotated though), nice recovery on 3L, she kind of looks like Kaetlyn Osmond, laughs....awe! ina bauer into singled axel!....too bad, nice effort. Sine she singled the 2axel, they said it's zero points....poor girl, she looks devastated....better luck in the free...Score: 48.96

15. Paige Rydberg: Egyptian melody (love love love her black sparkly colorful outfit, it's so pretty), 17 years old
Go Paige!
nice speed, solid 3t3t!!!, solid 3F, her outfit is just amazing, 2axel (nice flow), needs to work on performance though, she just doesn't have that presence, nice effort Paige, just show more energy/face, overall good job, should be a 60ish score or close to it.....she looks happy in KnC....score: 61.60

16. Livvy Schilling: L-O-V-E (nat king cole), 19 years old
wow, tall presence, love her song!!!!!
3f2t (nice), 3L (looks a little tight, not much flow), 2axel, sell it girl, fun program, all smiles throughout her performance, clean skate, she looks like she really enjoyed it out there...score: 59.73

17. Katie McBeath: The Prayer, 22 years old
doubled her 3lz (tight and tentative), nice recovery with 3f2t, nice she did a prayer with her hands while spinning a layback, nice flow on 2axel, good attempt. Zero points on her double lutz...Score: 49.33 (crowd is booing, laughs)

18. Mirai Nagasu: Nocturne in C Sharp Minor, 23 years old(wow, so grown up now, laughs)
she looks nervous, dang, or serious face...
wow!!! huge 3F3T! You go girl! Awful music geez!, she is kind of slow, there you go, gain speed, oooohhhh two footed 3L, rough landing, 2axel (didn't do the 3axel), man who chose this uninspiring piece of music for her to skate too? she looks so depressed, but nice effort. Crowd is standing for her. I'd put her a little ahead of Gracie Gold, but the performance factor was very lacking for me. This should be interesting score......Score: 71.95......
OMG (way OVERSCORED! sorry!)

19. Rebbeca Peng: 17 years old
wow, 3f3t attempt, UR on 3t but nice effort, ooohhhh hard fall on 3L, cringeworthy lyrics music, oohh UR 2axel?, woah, a lot of yellow on her elements. Nice try for her senior debut....at least she went for the 3/3....at least she doesn't look devastated at KnC, score: 41.08

well, that's it for the ladies short program. I'm still trying to wrap my head around Mirai's huge score. Hopefully Mariah can bounce back in the free!

1. Karen Chen
2. Mira
3. Ashley W
4. Tessa Hong
5. Gracie Gold
6. Mariah Bell

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Alright, last comp I get to watch from the comforts of home before I leave for KC! Hope it's a good one!