2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies SP | Page 49 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies SP

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does elevating the scores of the other possible world team members give them a boost internationally.

frida80

Record Breaker
EEK, Hannah and Courtney right down at the bottom in 17-18th out of 19 places. :shocked: So... if they stay down there will they even stay in the ISP? Livvy, if she stays in 10th, will probably get a small assignment next year.

She should get a GP placement on account of her GP results from this year. She got a bronze after all.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Things that excite me:

KAREN! FIRST! YAY!
Mirai was beautiful tonight!
Sassy Ashley!
Tessa the baby ballerina!
Gracie smiling in the Kiss and Cry!
Mariah's energy!
CAROLINE AT NATIONALS AGAIN! <3
Paige's greens across the boards!
Bradie doing well despite her doubled flip!
Livvy makes the penultimate FS group!

noidont

Final Flight
US National is so much fun. Everything is unpredictable, from scoring to random splats. You don't know who is gonna end up 19th until the last minute.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Overall, this was an absolutely lovely night of skating. The long is going to be very exciting and I think there will be multiple standing ovations...May the best skater win!!

:bed:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
EEK, Hannah and Courtney right down at the bottom in 17-18th out of 19 places. :shocked: So... if they stay down there will they even stay in the ISP? Livvy, if she stays in 10th, will probably get a small assignment next year.

Courtney I think has a high enough score in the SB list to get at least one GP. Hannah has not competed internationally since last season, so her ISP spot might be in danger. But I expect to see both move up.

Nathan13

Medalist

Courtney will probably be fine since she has a GP medal from this season, right?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She should get a GP placement on account of her GP results from this year. She got a bronze after all.

Oh that's true, I'd forgotten about that. Whew! She's hardly the most consistent skater but I'd hate to think this one nationals performance will wreck her career.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

They could still prove readiness at a summer comp and get in the ISP that way.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
It is not Ashley who is playing these promos, then why do you want to punish her? Oh, human mind.... Then what one is expected to want after judges uphold Gold again and again, and without an apparent reason?? To wish her the same as you wish to Ashley? It would be nice to separate skaters and skating from what does not depend on them...

The judges have every reason to uphold a quality skater like Gracie Gold. Even Eteri said this year if Gracie got it together it would be hard for Evgenia to stay on top. The international community recognizes what potential Gracie has and so do the US judges. And she legitimately earned her score tonight with the fight she put up.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It seems evident (though I guess the LP will tell us for sure) that Mirai is a second-half-of-season skater. She doesn't need the 3A to make the Worlds team now.

Mirai has always been a second-half skater--- the year she made the Olympic team she had a really subpar GP.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It is not Ashley who is playing these promos, then why do you want to punish her? Oh, human mind.... Then what one is expected to want after judges uphold Gold again and again, and without an apparent reason?? To wish her the same as you wish to Ashley? It would be nice to separate skaters and skating from what does not depend on them...

I'd prefer to see the talented skaters not named Gracie or Ashley get some attention and for everyone to be scored fairly without bias, and nobody held up on reputation. On that note, I couldn't be happier to see 2 different names occupying the first and second place right now.