2017 JGP Latvia Ladies FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Latvia Ladies FS

frida80

Record Breaker
I call this the artistic strategy. Skate the elements you can well, even if their not the most technically advance and perform better than anyone. I think it really helped that she used her long program from last year.

You want to know something interesting? I saw her in person at sectionals last year. While she didn't win, she was the one that blew me away. Afterwards, I was warming up in the concession when she sat down near by me. I told how good she was ans she'd look great on the JGP. She looked nervous about me saying that. (She hadn't even gone to nationals in years, until now.) I told her believe in herself and wished her luck. I feel strangely vindicated making that prediction.

russianfan

Match Penalty
If Emmy's skate qualifies as a "pretty bad skate," I'd sure hate to know what your qualifications for a good one are...

I mean, probably you meant the others in the group, but gotta make sure Emmy's not forgotten :p

man, she doesn't even have 3-3.. but i agree she did pretty good from what she has

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Daria's skating has nice qualities but I think it's the program which is a really crime. Did they really think that it would be good when Daria skates to it? Even Carolina may not work this song for me on the ice. No offense to the song itself, but the song is not suitable for a competitive program this way... There could be another song in the middle part to change the tune. Better not to choose Ne Ma Quitte Pas at all...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
As much as i like watching Tarakanova, Trusova is in a class of her own.

Yes, she is my favorite as far as the whole package goes. But Tarakanova won me over with her intensity and her fearlessness. Something is missing with Panenkova...and then the programs are just not good.

thoakun

Final Flight
So happy for Emmy :yahoo:. She's the highlight of this muted event (for me). But I've watched her SP over and over again, and watching this FS makes me think that she was skating to a different tune.

Emmy hasn't made it out of Sectionals for years IIRC so hopefully this great outing can make her realize that she can be a force to reckon with. *fingers crossed for 3-3 soon*

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I call this the artistic strategy. Skate the elements you can well, even if their not the most technically advance and perform better than anyone. I think it really helped that she used her long program from last year.

You want to know something interesting? I saw her in person at sectionals last year. While she didn't win, she was the one that blew me away. Afterwards, I was warming up in he confession when she sat down near by me. I told how good she was ans she'd look great on the JGP. She looked nervous about me saying that. (She hadn't even gone to nationals in years, until now.) I told her believe in herself and wished her luck. I feel strangely vindicated making that prediction.

Superb experience!!! And well done you!! :) :agree: And Emmy for live up to it :hap57:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For me, to get that kind of reaction in a pretty small rink crowd in a JGP is telling how powerful her performance was. I don't think I heard a JGP event crowd outside of Japan cheer that loudly.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
man, she doesn't even have 3-3.. but i agree she did pretty good from what she has

I don't disagree, but a skate doesn't have to be the most advanced program ever skated to qualify as a good skate. She did an excellent job with everything she had, and that in my book qualifies as an excellent skate.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Don't look so sad, Daria. You won't be executed. It's just twenty years in Siberia.

Weird podium. The lower the rank, the broader the smile.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Good for Emma but what a disappointment for Alisa losing to a skater with such poor technical contents. (no 3-3)

For her standards she could have been easily second, and now she is screwed once again and she won't get the second assigment and likely she's out also at Nationals (since this is her second season she's doing like this)

well... it was my first time watching her skate.... i have read so much hype on this forum about her and so on... i was underwhelmed. I am not sure what you mean by she is screwed once again... but here is a thing : skaters must deliver... if she had, I am sure she would have podiumed... but she didn't.. and another skater delivered her content... so... that's the rules... if it's okay to backload and tano to gain more points, it's okay not to try 3-3 if you don't have them, and make sure that you score as high as you can with what you have.

frida80

Record Breaker
Superb experience!!! And well done you!! :) :agree: And Emmy for live up to it :hap57:

I didn't so anything. I just told her the truth. She probably doesn't even remember me!

But she did live up to it. I'm so proud of her!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't look so sad, Daria. You won't be executed. It's just twenty years in Siberia.

Weird podium. The lower the rank, the broader the smile.

Yeah, Daria really does look she's going to be executed on the spot. I'm puzzled--she's won, so her second assignment is guaranteed, she's almost a lock for the final... her skate wasn't even a complete disaster... so what's up?