2017 JGP Latvia Ladies FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Latvia Ladies FS

luckyguy

Match Penalty
kaetlyn is a wonderful skater, but at the age of 21 she still never skated 2 clean programs, so she's not the best example of those who thrive after the puberty

i guess he's trying to tell that success in juniors means nothing. people really keeping their hopes high for this generation of russian girls to disappear

1. Who does skate always two clean programs today? Even Medvedeva makes mistakes now and then.
2. You know that it is nonsense.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
i guess he's trying to tell that success in juniors means nothing. people really keeping their hopes high for this generation of russian girls to disappear

Which would be really weird though, since it does. It's still success. It doesn't mean that it has to translate into senior success, but it very well might (look at Evgenia, Mao Asada, Yuna Kim...). But I guess you're not the person I have to tell that ;)

Edit: Sure, the step from "has never skated clean SP + LP together" to "who skates always clean?" is super close :unsure: Kaet i awesome, I love her, I have still no idea what she has to do with Eteri girls being younger o older than 16.

kalee

On the Ice
I think that Emmy is really lucky because she skated last. If she had skated before Alisa, the Russian girl would have played it safe and stayed on the podium.

Alisa's FS program is already pretty standard for Russian girls (7 triples) -- if she had to further water down her 3-3 to a 3-2 in order to get +GOE and stay ahead of Emmy, that would still be uncompetitive in the current Russian field and still not get her a second JGP spot.
It's a pity about Alisa but it looks like the facts were -- she delivered only 5 of 7 intended triples in her FS, and thus lost to another skater with a 5-triple FS but better GOE and PCS. Falling looks worse, but popping is costlier...

Kara

Final Flight
Finally got a chance to sit down and watch this! Also, it felt like they were lenient with the underrotation calls this competition. But yay to Rika!!!!:clapper: She can break 200 if she goes clean in Italy with the 3A!!:love:

Yuhana - She has got guts to put the 3-3-2 at the very end of the program!! Her axels are definitely her best jump and I can see why she would go for the 3A because the rest of her jumps are just okay. If only she didn't pop her lutz in the SP.

Alisa - Yikes her jumps.:( Poor girl, she's so gorgeous.Ted's comments were so kind and I hope she can pull back from this.:(

Panenkova - She has the jumps and most of the levels (except for step sequences both in SP and FS! Shocker for an Eteri girl). I feel sad for her because Trusova and Tarakanova had such amazing free programs. But Panenkova's...I felt bored during the jumps which is hard to do because I love a good jump. It just felt like she was rushing through everything like the movement in the spread eagle that I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be. The hair thing also might have worked if she was more of a performer or if she at least didn't look so sad at the end even if it is quite gimmicky. She deserved the win off her lead in the SP, but yeah..The way she was trying to make herself smaller in the K&C broke my heart though.

Emmy - She was one of the biggest and most pleasant surprises this event. My favorite LP here actually. She is such a beautiful skater with great performance skills and she dedicates herself to her program. She has broken the drought of US juniors medaling and without a 3-3! Marvelous. Her look of joy and how she couldn't control her excitement after she finished her program and when she saw her scores were all SO GOOD! Must stan.

Rika - :luv17: With no doubt she was number 1 in the FS. I'm on the boat of glad she didn't try the 3A combo after falling on the 1st one and focused on getting everything else down. And though I love her, I'm really meh on the FS itself. I thought the choreography was boring in the Asian Open Trophy, but even after seeing it with nicer camerawork, I still don't really like it and can't remember any on point moments.:slink: Doesn't help that I'm not fond of the music.:palmf: SP is so so good so hoping for fabulous back to back programs next time though!!