2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens SP

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Reading the protocol... Yuzuru's score is epic... the 4T+3T combination with GOE worth 18.86. geez... just one element!

I was a bit curious about Keegan's spin as well.... they look solid.

About Javi's Upright Spin with Flying Entry... I couldn't recall there is problems, how come there is a -1 there? (Although it won't change the result, I am just a bit curious to see what makes a +- 3) :frown:
I really need to rewatch the program.

Nam did so well, I am so happy for him! Keep your fighting spirit for tomorrow!

shine

Record Breaker
Wow, that was a beautiful beautiful performance from Hanyu. So seamless and musical.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been so out of figure skating this past few weeks I didn't know. Now my heart is broken, I was so looking forward to see him compete there, NHK already had a pretty good roster and Josh was the perfect cherry on top. :sad:
But does this mean he is not competing at all this season? Or he's just skipping the GP?

I just learned about Josh's withdrawal from @Sheetz' post today in the GP Thread. So I don't think it's old news and you are not out of it.;) Just saw the roster sheet without his name, no reason given.

Sorry for the :eek:topic: guys, carry on.....

treeloving

Medalist
Yuzuru please skate like this at OG.

I like that Cricket club top men's step sequel is choreograph to reflect the music rather than an arm flailing contest.

Danibellerika

Medalist
I'm here at Autumn Classic. About to go to bed, and would have posted sooner but I was watching Hanyu's short on repeat and the recording just doesn't compare to seeing it in person with your own eyes. I must say it is an absolute privilege to be lucky enough to witness Hanyu produce that level of perfection. It's a sell out crowd here and he gave the audience a moment we'll remember for forever. I was lucky enough to be on the side for his 4toe/3toe rippon (2nd row) and It. Is. Something else! Just jaw-dropping and breathtaking and I could watch him do it all day. :noshake::love:

A lot of people left after the second group but I stayed for the final flight (the Canadian guy did pretty well! Sorry I'm sleep deprived and not good on names atm). And Javi came out to see the last flight of the guys so I got to meet him and tell him that I was in Boston and he was amazing there. He said thank you. He was very friendly and took pics with everyone around.

On the way out we were interviewed for a little while by the Japanese media (Fuji TV Maybe?) so I'm curious if anything will show up on tv. :handw: But we left no superlatives unsaid :laugh:

And there was already a queue when we were leaving the facility! Totally insane!! People were lined up since midnight for today and the police arrive around 3am to see what was going on. They left in awe, wishing Yuzu luck. But I have a pretty good inkling that Yuzu himself would appreciate his fans getting a good night's rest...and a shower... because I can assure you he is going to... And I certainly will! I can understand getting caught up in a frenzy when you're seeing a GOAT do his thing though.

But there really is no bad spot in the house!! There are probably only about 800 people here so it's really intimate and it's a very nice facility. I will say it's so fun meeting familiar faces from Boston and Helsinki and seeing new faces too! These smaller events are really nice because it's more relaxed but you still get a lot out of the event. And the friends I made from Helsinki and Boston, we got to sit together and watch Yuzu produce that perfection and that was extra special. Normally we'd all be seated separately. I could go on. Overall, this is a pretty quality event for a Senior B!!!

I'm hoping he can give a solid free skate tomorrow. GO YUZU! :hap10: :yes2:

Yuzuru please skate like this at OG.

I like that Cricket club top men's step sequel is choreograph to reflect the music rather than an arm flailing contest.

Except with a perfect 4 loop ;)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
What a high-level SP this was. Nam, Misha, Javi, Yuzu and Keegan all bringing it in both performance and technique -each in their own way. So enjoyable. Those who made the trip to montreal got a World class show at a bargain price. :thumbsup:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
lack of circus position...

i hate it... he is the best spinner in that field by far from having seen them live last year.... centered, fast, multiple revolution, smooth etc... but "classic positions, not extreme flexibility.... " so he doesn't get the level 4 requirements.. IT IS STUPID

Wait , really?? So now the men have to be super flexible too? I thought u could get level 4 just by doing the required number of different positions!

What level does Javi usually get for spins? He isn't a contortionist. And Patrick?

Ender

Match Penalty
lack of circus position...
i hate it... he is the best spinner in that field by far from having seen them live last year.... centered, fast, multiple revolution, smooth etc... but "classic positions, not extreme flexibility.... " so he doesn't get the level 4 requirements.. IT IS STUPID
Patrick Chan often gets level 4 without bending his body and he isn't flexible either. Javier Fernandez the same.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
they can line up if they want... but men is the last event of the day... and if they put coats, cushions, or whatever on seats and i show up for the ladies, i am simply going to move their stuff around ;)

it wasn't at all a problem last year as there was plenty of room... and the organizers seem to have capped the amount of tickets to avoid issues... but i dislike this behaviour...

last year, it was during ice dance... virtue and moir had just finished but one more team was still to go... they all left... because they wanted to eat before the men... they left all their stuff there.... and came back just for the final flight of the men....

i was MAD but i had a place to sit and I didn't care... this time, if i don't find a place to sit, i promise I will make cushions and jackets go... i will bring them to the lost and found ;)

so if you are planning to hog seats all day people, you have been warned

LALALA

It's indeed disgusting behaviour and I applaud you. Those people....:disapp: I would say I cheer Patrick on, if you cheer Yuzuru on, but Yuzuru doesn't need it with half of Japan in the stands, so cheer for those who have no one cheering for them for me.

Only watched Yuzuru (It's quite late/early)! Anyway, I guess the old costume for Yuzuru isn't final? I mean, please don't let it be final!
It was an awesome skate, Yuzuru is really the best. :luv17: I hope he can hold it together in the free. Not used to such quality from Yuzuru this early, makes me quite worried, actually. Wasn't he supposed to be holding back because of knee pain or something? Anyway, what I liked most were the spins. Just gorgeous. Still a bit meh about threepeat but it seems like the right decision for him, judging by those numbers. I would have liked to see a LGC like this. *sigh* And the attitude! Ha! I think the humble times are over, that seemed Plushenko-esque. Hehe!
So now I'll go back to bed and watch Javier and Co. later!:bed:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Patrick Chan often gets level 4 without bending his body and he isn't flexible either. Javier Fernandez the same.

because they use edge variations and difficult entrance....

i guess you guys need to review how to get levels...

one needs to tick many boxes to get level 4... and i mentioned flexibility as some guys will have level 3 or 4 in their spins (keegan had some level 2 here) without being extraordinary spinners but by just managing to tick off some of the requirements...

it's clear to me that keegan has chosen quality and speed... perhaps he figured out that creating other variations of his spins would make them slower or less centered and the level would be canceled by lower GOE.

http://gofigureskating.com/skills/spins/compete.html

Ender

Match Penalty
because they use edge variations and difficult entrance....

i guess you guys need to review how to get levels...

one needs to tick many boxes to get level 4... and i mentioned flexibility as some guys will have level 3 or 4 in their spins (keegan had some level 2 here) without being extraordinary spinners but by just managing to tick off some of the requirements...

it's clear to me that keegan has chosen quality and speed... perhaps he figured out that creating other variations of his spins would make them slower or less centered and the level would be canceled by lower GOE.

http://gofigureskating.com/skills/spins/compete.html
I guess you didn't get my point. I certainly know how levels are counted. My point is if someone like Patrick Chan and Javier Fernandez who are not known for their flexibility can get level 4 very often with great GOE, other men who aren't flexible can also do the same.

Ender

Match Penalty
It's indeed disgusting behaviour and I applaud you. Those people....:disapp: I would say I cheer Patrick on, if you cheer Yuzuru on, but Yuzuru doesn't need it with half of Japan in the stands, so cheer for those who have no one cheering for them for me.

Only watched Yuzuru (It's quite late/early)! Anyway, I guess the old costume for Yuzuru isn't final? I mean, please don't let it be final!
It was an awesome skate, Yuzuru is really the best. :luv17: I hope he can hold it together in the free. Not used to such quality from Yuzuru this early, makes me quite worried, actually. Wasn't he supposed to be holding back because of knee pain or something? Anyway, what I liked most were the spins. Just gorgeous. Still a bit meh about threepeat but it seems like the right decision for him, judging by those numbers. I would have liked to see a LGC like this. *sigh* And the attitude! Ha! I think the humble times are over, that seemed Plushenko-esque. Hehe!
So now I'll go back to bed and watch Javier and Co. later!:bed:
Hanyu isn't at his best right now. I'd say he is far from his peak. His spins are slower than he can actually do. At his best his spins are fast as lightning.
His jumps aren't at the best shape right now as well. His 4S was tilted a bit.
He doesn't even do his hardest layout here. I think the room for improvement is left open.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I guess you didn't get my point. I certainly know how levels are counted. My point is if someone like Patrick Chan and Javier Fernandez who are not known for their flexibility can get level 4 very often with great GOE, other men who aren't flexible can also do the same.

Someone asked about Keegan.... clearly, Keegan isn't missing levels on number of revolutions, or change of positions... he gets those easily....He is a classic spinner, doing the ultra fast and centered spinning that we used to see in shows in the 90s.... very impressive but not IJS friendly... so what is he lacking???

I went with circus positions..... as it would be easy to recognize.... I could have given a complete list of what is missing here from the difficult entrance or change of edges or whatever... but I answered with one OBVIOUS element, the one that is used by MANY skaters to get a level, even if it's a poorly executed feature of their spinning. One feature that everyone can easily see...

Then you and bluediamond come back talking about Patrick and Javier... it's like asking another question altogether???

They are completely different style of spinners vs Keegan, they play with difficult entrances and edge variations to up their levels and mind you, both of them don't always get level 4... I don't know about Javi's spinning record thoroughly, but I can guarantee you that Patrick often gets one or two spins at level 3... It could be lack of revolution on one of those variations he does... or whatever... I let the tech panel do this job....

So, I guess you are blaming me for not originally producing the document I produced earlier... but when I posted it, you said you were fine with your levels??? :confused:

Ender

Match Penalty
Someone asked about Keegan.... clearly, Keegan isn't missing levels on number of revolutions, or change of positions... he gets those easily....He is a classic spinner, doing the ultra fast and centered spinning that we used to see in shows in the 90s.... very impressive but not IJS friendly... so what is he lacking???

I went with circus positions..... as it would be easy to recognize.... I could have given a complete list of what is missing here from the difficult entrance or change of edges or whatever... but I answered with one OBVIOUS element, the one that is used by MANY skaters to get a level, even if it's a poorly executed feature of their spinning. One feature that everyone can easily see...

Then you and bluediamond come back talking about Patrick and Javier... it's like asking another question altogether???

They are completely different style of spinners vs Keegan, they play with difficult entrances and edge variations to up their levels and mind you, both of them don't always get level 4... I don't know about Javi's spinning record thoroughly, but I can guarantee you that Patrick often gets one or two spins at level 3... It could be lack of revolution on one of those variations he does... or whatever... I let the tech panel do this job....

So, I guess you are blaming me for not originally producing the document I produced earlier... but when I posted it, you said you were fine with your levels??? :confused:
My point is if they want to get level 4, there are ways to do it, no need to be flexible. We are still following the same system, aren't we?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
My point is if they want to get level 4, there are ways to do it, no need to be flexible. We are still following the same system, aren't we?

so tell me, how Keegan could use the variations and difficulties, rewarded by COP, that would allow him to retain his spinning style and get level 4.

the variations Javi and Patrick are using are not easily accessible for his style of spinning... i thought i had been clear.

Ender

Match Penalty
so tell me, how Keegan could use the variations and difficulties, rewarded by COP, that would allow him to retain his spinning style and get level 4.

the variations Javi and Patrick are using are not easily accessible for his style of spinning... i thought i had been clear.
Not accessible? I never see Patrick Chan and Javier Fernandez bending their bodies in uncomfortable ways. I think it's always pleasing. Other men can also do that.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Each skater is different based on body mass, build, etc. A whole bunch of variations goes into what they are capable of doing with their spins.
Keegan isn't going to have the same entrances as Chan, or a flexible variation like Brown.

There are a bunch of technicalities to all of this and we need to stop the banter about it please.

I can tell you one thing: Keegan spins very very fast and is skilled at what he does.

The end.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Each skater is different based on body mass, build, etc. A whole bunch of variations goes into what they are capable of doing with their spins.
Keegan isn't going to have the same entrances as Chan, or a flexible variation like Brown.

There are a bunch of technicalities to all of this and we need to stop the banter about it please.

I can tell you one thing. Keegan spins very very fast and is skilled at what he does.

The end.

i tried ;) you said it better ;) thank you

Ender

Match Penalty

I can tell you one thing: Keegan spins very very fast and is skilled at what he does.

The end.
I never say he has to get the same entrance like the others. Just saying he is capable of getting level 4 alright if he really wants to. The system is wide open for that possibility.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I never say he has to get the same entrance like the others. Just saying he is capable of getting level 4 alright if he really wants to. The system is wide open for that possibility.

Point completely missed. But please keep jabbering on about technicalities you obviously don't understand.:rolleye: