2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ladies FS

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yeah it was hit and miss, and that fall was just plain weird. But I'll say this. I NEVER liked Radionova. I thought she skated like an overcooked noodle and relied too much on cuteness. She may not be the threat she was a few seasons ago, but I think she's a much more interesting skater now. Maturity is really starting to suit her.

It's the opposite for me...I found her far more charming in juniors and haven't liked a single program of hers in years. I don't really buy the "glamorous diva" thing she is trying to sell...especially not with the way she does her makeup.

madison

Record Breaker
It's the opposite for me...I found her far more charming in juniors and haven't liked a single program of hers in years. I don't really buy the "glamorous diva" thing she is trying to sell...especially not with the way she does her makeup.

Yes, I don't like this Radionova. She's very controlled now and seems that she lost her passion and sparkle :no:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yura and Rika for Olympic Games! Kaori as alternate. Imagine the outcry. :dev2:

I will be disappointed if Alina beats this FS of Evgenia when they both skate 'mistake' free. At least Evgenia's has some breathing room, while Alina is so hectic, and sorry, just is still too juniorish.

I think something like this, right now
Gold _ Evgenia
Silver_Alina
Bronze_Kaetlyn

moriel

Record Breaker
Elenas fall looked utterly weird... Maybe something on the ice? Not sure, she was the last one to skate after all.

But overall, her jumps look kinda better than before - she doesnt look like she will fall (and then saves it the last second).

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Yeah in juniors and even her first year in seniors it seemed that skating well was her only objective: i loved the fierceness Elena and Alexandra Proklova used to have back in the days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p65cTjAfUg

Now she almost lost that power, more refined and elegant but also cold.

If she finds a way back i'd like to see that Frida free skate with this more matured Elena Radionova, because it was a really great program, but the sensual part a little inappropriate for her age.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Zhenya got an edge call on the lutz.

This will matter only during the events when she competes with Osmond. Of course, strict calls will not be in favor of the Canadian as she has 3 lutzes. They both have the same problem - the scandal will be if only one of them is punished (guess, who?).

But the season does not look that dull - Zagitova had a bigger FS score. Let's wait for Kaetlyn.

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
The problem with Radionova is that its not only her jumps that are bad, her other elements like spins also went down hill.

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
Was Medvedeva disappointed after her skate?? I mean it wasn't perfect but its not disaster at all. In fact it was pretty impressive. LOL

I just noticed that all the Eteri students seem pretty hard on themselves when they make errors :scratch2:

icybear

Medalist
I thought Alina might had a chance of olympic gold but seeing as Evgenia is also backloading all her jumps I think it will be unlikely. Now there's 99.9% of Evgenia winning.

moriel

Record Breaker
Was Medvedeva disappointed after her skate?? I mean it wasn't perfect but its not disaster at all. In fact it was pretty impressive. LOL

I just noticed that all the Eteri students seem pretty hard on themselves when they make errors :scratch2:

Medvedeva is pretty demanding on herself, i think. When she makes mistakes - and that turnout was one for sure - she usually is not happy (something like "I could have done better, sigh", regardless score / podium position.

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
I thought Alina might had a chance of olympic gold but seeing as Evgenia is also backloading all her jumps I think it will be unlikely. Now there's 99.9% of Evgenia winning.

For the record Zagitova is the ONLY skater right now that backloads all her jumps in the FS. Even Medvedeva has her 2A at the beginning of the program.

Zagitova has higher BV than Medvedeva so if she hits and Medvedeva faulters a bit like here, she has a fat chance to win.

For the record backloading doesn't win you medals, Hitting your program does.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker

I agree, especially because Alina is using last year's program, so it's already comfortable for her and perfected, while I think Evgenia's is only going to get better from here.

icybear

Medalist
For the record Zagitova is the ONLY skater right now that backloads all her jumps in the FS. Even Medvedeva has her 2A at the beginning of the program.

Zagitova has higher BV than Medvedeva so if she hits and Medvedeva faulters a bit like here, she has a fat chance to win.

For the record backloading doesn't win you medals, Hitting your program does.

Opps i forgot the 2A. No need to come after me.:pray:

qwerty

On the Ice
Medvedeva's -3T combos are looking more effortful to me this season, especially the 3S-3T. Almost > to my eyes. I wonder if that's a stamina issue or just the years of -3T-3T-3T starting to add up.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Flawless packaging for Evgenia imo.
Her body movement throughout the program is just graceful and classic. Lots and lot of beautiful moments in this program.
Her dress is so beautiful! She looks like an ice princess!
I already like the new FS it will be brilliant once everything is polished. Her programs always keep getting better as the season progresses. The energy she portrays to the audience is something beautiful this year. I think she has 2 amazing programs.

tbh i can't understand level 3 for stsq... W.....? Didn't they see her footwork????? :roll9:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Medvedeva is pretty demanding on herself, i think. When she makes mistakes - and that turnout was one for sure - she usually is not happy (something like "I could have done better, sigh", regardless score / podium position.

Do you remember when she had a similar error at JGPF in Barcelona and let go the old "I didn't give **** about that jump" right in front of the cameras on her way to the the KnC. It was so awesome. Eteri and Dudz were all like..."ZHENYA!! ....CAMERAS" :laugh: