2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Free Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Free Dance

viennaskater

Medalist
How on EARTH can that be BETTER than gilles/poirier? Oh wait - it's the RUSSIAN Grand Prix, of course!

That is a travesty. I am disgusted.

GGFan

Record Breaker
The worst part is that the score will only convince them that the god awful music was a good choice!! :confused2:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I think the only free skates we haven't seen yet are Chock & Bates and Cappellini & Lanotte.

With that being said... this has been such a disappointing year of free dances. The French are the least terrible, but I wouldn't say it's very good either. Virtue & Moir's is unwatchable, Hubbell & Donohue are a snoozy wet dream, and WeaPo's programs are reminiscent of something that Linichuk would choreograph (super dated). The Shibs are just as forgettable as last year.

And with that free dance over along with the men's competition... we can see the push for the Team Gold by Russia has begun. :dev2:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
What's she saying?

She said a word I am not sure I can translate to English... something like depth, insight, penetration [I mean we are talking about karaoke Lizst here], I am not sure of the correct translation and how this is a program they can be proud of and go and win stuff with. All this with the usual amount of exaltation and superlatives, of course :D

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
These vocals imposed on that drove me nuts. Why, why?!

Stepanova / Bukin skated the best I've ever seen them though I admit. The difference in score between S/B & G/P was very big here, maybe too big though.
Overall sugary impression.

gmyers

Record Breaker
S/b must immediately change choreographer. They must get a new program. If new coaches are required they must immediately get new coaches. Both s/b and b/s must change coaches immediately

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Bukin's happiness made my day:), I think that although vocals and cuts are cringe-worthy and the program is bad for anyone with diabetes, this is the concept suiting them quite much as for creating a pleasant picture which they can defend execution-wise. This is maybe not the most innovative idea, but it works - which for an Olympic season is very important.

evasorange

Final Flight
I was so happy when the Shibs music picked up into something more full and fast paced! Paradise is a beautiful song but i'm not feeling the slowed down version of it...I'm honestly so sick of the slow, emotional piano based free dances.:drama: I like this program but I didn't love it. Hopefully it develops into something more dynamic as the season goes on.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think the only free skates we haven't seen yet are Chock & Bates and Cappellini & Lanotte.

With that being said... this has been such a disappointing year of free dances. The French are the least terrible, but I wouldn't say it's very good either. Virtue & Moir's is unwatchable, Hubbell & Donohue are a snoozy wet dream, and WeaPo's programs are reminiscent of something that Linichuk would choreograph (super dated). The Shibs are just as forgettable as last year.

And with that free dance over along with the men's competition... we can see the push for the Team Gold by Russia has begun. :dev2:

I had this exact thought when I looked at the scores: The Russians really, really want that team Gold.

whatif

Medalist
Sue me but I enjoyed S/B most tonight followed by Gilles. I think it is a good FS for them, and there is something different this season about them.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, the spin really did a number on B/S's score. They'd probably win over the Shibs without that one - also, the only team to get a lvl4 on the steps today.