1. Medals
2. Flags
3. New podiums
4. An ice technician
5. A medium that can uncurse the ice

Did I miss anything?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Such a messy FS, but congratulations to Misha for having THE performance of the evening. So well deserved and I'm glad he didn't retire, so he could have this moment. :clap:

LOL at Uno getting 9.5 for PE/IN and Fernandez getting 9.75s for IN, both having had 2 falls and a slew of other errors.

Breaking out the popcorn for everyone who's inevitably going to be salty that Uno did a ratified 3Z with no edge call (not even !). :popcorn:

Alba

Record Breaker
Such a messy FS, but congratulations to Misha for having THE performance of the evening. So well deserved and I'm glad he didn't retire, so he could have this moment. :clap:

LOL at Uno getting 9.5 for PE/IN and Fernandez getting 9.75s for IN, both having had 2 falls and a slew of other errors.

Breaking out the popcorn for everyone who's inevitably going to be salty that Uno did a ratified 3Z with no edge call (not even !). :popcorn:

And people complain about ladies PCS. Men are a mess and still get +9 like candies. :laugh:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'm confused. On the protocols, it says Javi got 8 points for the second 4T even though he couldn't put it in a combo and it was marked with a +REP. Wasn't he supposed to get no points for that?

Edit: sorry, I meant Shoma. But other people got points for +REP jumps, too. What's the scoring rule?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I suppose the French were trying to be trendy and stylistic. Was there any writing on the Stars?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I strongly disagree. Sure everyone is going splat right now. But if all of the guys do manage to bring their game in the Olympics like they did in the last Worlds, then all these quads will be worth it.

Clean skate -without falls is also worth watching, especially for casual viewers. Im not saying that they should forbid quads, just to give some kind of bonus (like a second half jumps type) for clean skate for example.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I'm confused. On the protocols, it says Javi got 8 points for the second 4T even though he couldn't put it in a combo and it was marked with a +REP. Wasn't he supposed to get no points for that?
Edit: sorry, I meant Shoma. But other people got points for +REP jumps, too. What's the scoring rule?

Nope, that's the rule from last season, 70% of the BV is given now.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
And people complain about ladies PCS. Men are a mess and still get +9 like candies. :laugh:

The fact that Fernandez and Uno both got over 90 is one of the biggest jokes ever. I still can't get over how these two skaters (and skaters like Chan and Hanyu, too) can mess up half of their jumping passes, including URs and falls, and still manage such high marks for interpretation and performance.

Alba

Record Breaker
Im not saying that they should forbid quads, just to give some kind of bonus (like a second half jumps type) for clean skate for example.

I like that idea.
There is the Performance section, where the falls should be reflected with lower marks. But "performance" is a bit vague since it does have a broad sense, so judges will use that and be biased with their marking. A percentage bonus for clean skate on TES it's a good solution.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
The fact that Fernandez and Uno both got over 90 is one of the biggest jokes ever. I still can't get over how these two skaters (and skaters like Chan and Hanyu, too) can mess up half of their jumping passes, including URs and falls, and still manage such high marks for interpretation and performance.

Because they are Special. :biggrin:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

If you get a REP on a jump, it's only worth 70% of its BV.

Ender

Match Penalty
Clean skate -without falls is also worth watching. Im not saying that they should forbid quads, just to give some kind of bonus (like a second half jumps type) for clean skate for example.
On theory, a not clean skate get lower PCS... but yeah you know theory vs reality