2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens FS | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens FS

QMATTERS

Rinkside
This whole FS results are a joke and a nightmare for me. I cannot stomach those scores that Javier and Shoma got. I hate quads and constant falls.

Give me Jason Brown, Mai Mihara, Sui/Han and the French dance pair any day! They do what I prefer to see over this!

Tahuu

On the Ice
The fact that Fernandez and Uno both got over 90 is one of the biggest jokes ever. I still can't get over how these two skaters (and skaters like Chan and Hanyu, too) can mess up half of their jumping passes, including URs and falls, and still manage such high marks for interpretation and performance.

Totally agree. Further, I have been scratching my head at Shoma's PCS rise for awhile. It seems forcefully grabbing/cutting the air and doing slow/deep knee bend at every turn is the impression of all his SP and FS. I don't see his artistic range at all.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Just got home and went through the best performances again and I seriously cannot even like Misha was going to retire last year and somehow still continued and now he has his first ever GP medal (even though it's a weird French star...), I'm going to shed a tear, this is a beautiful story :sad21: :laugh:

Alifyre

On the Ice
Totally agree. Further, I have been scratching my head at Shoma's PCS rise for awhile. It seems forcefully grabbing/cutting the air and doing slow/deep knee bend at every turn is the impression of all his SP and FS. I don't see his artistic range at all.

I'm with you on that. His programs last season were much more artistic, and he's been so inconsistent this season too so I really am not getting why his PCS is getting the bump that it is.... and I'm saying this as a Shoma fan.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Just got home and went through the best performances again and I seriously cannot even like Misha was going to retire last year and somehow still continued and now he has his first ever GP medal (even though it's a weird French star...), I'm going to shed a tear, this is a beautiful story :sad21: :laugh:

I'm over the moon for Misha, but I still....miss the rebellious Misha, that used rap in his fs when it wasn't allowed to use lyrics, the entertaining Misha, who had funky programs and fun out there, no matter what. For me, and this is really only my personal opinion, slow and somber programs do not do him any favours. He deserved his medal here for sure, but for myself I have to say I don't like the direction he took in the last two years. But obviously the judges don't agree. That's okay. Each to their own.

Alba

Record Breaker
This whole FS results are a joke and a nightmare for me. I cannot stomach those scores that Javier and Shoma got. I hate quads and constant falls.

Give me Jason Brown, Mai Mihara, Sui/Han and the French dance pair any day! They do what I prefer to see over this!

Sui&Han are doing difficult tech too. They get rewarded not cause they bring only the "artistry" on the table, but the tech too and that's how it should be.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
The fact that Fernandez and Uno both got over 90 is one of the biggest jokes ever. I still can't get over how these two skaters (and skaters like Chan and Hanyu, too) can mess up half of their jumping passes, including URs and falls, and still manage such high marks for interpretation and performance.

As if skating needed something else to turn ppl off of it. Watch a skater skate a clean full program with one quad ... low marks. Watch a skater skate a messy skate with 3 quads and a couple of falls ...they win. Yeah. That is going to go over well with the every four year crowd. I already predict a messy Olympics with angry booing over a skaters scores.

So frustrating to see skaters not receiving the scores they deserve. I don't care who you are, if you skate well your scores should reflect that. If you fall and skate messy your score should not be ridiculously high. :bang:

Ender

Match Penalty
So far only Cup of Russia was acceptable on all levels.

Skate Canada: Carrots fest
Cup of China: stomach flu fest
NHK: withdrawal fest
TDF: worst logistics fest

Can we erase this Gp series?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
German Eurosport declared Nathan Chen favourite for the Olympic Gold medal after the LP. It's not on me anymore, yay.

rosacotton

Final Flight
So far only Cup of Russia was acceptable on all levels.

Skate Canada: Carrots fest
Cup of China: stomach flu and some medals were robbed
NHK: withdrawal fest
TDF: worst logistics fest

Can we erase this Gp series?

What is your prediction for Skate America?

QMATTERS

Rinkside
Sui&Han are doing difficult tech too. They get rewarded not cause they bring only the "artistry" on the table, but the tech too and that's how it should be.

I meant the combination of technical and artistry that flows together so well. It is called the total package. Sure didn’t see that in the men’s program today!

Alba

Record Breaker
I meant the combination of technical and artistry that flows together so well.

I don't see that in Jason, for example. Technically he's really behind. So that's why I was a bit surprised to see Sui&Han as comparison.

Please do... we need Little-finger’s voicein the beginning and Bran Stark’s voice at the end.

Bran's voice in the end is a touch of genius. :rofl:Which part should I use: "He's the true heir to the Iron Throne?" :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't see that in Jason, for example. Technically he's really behind. So that's why I was a bit surprised to see Sui&Han as comparison.

I think there's an appreciation that for the most part (and there are exceptions, of course, i.e. Jason at NHK Trophy) both generally turn in solid, if not perfect performances.

And even if you go back and watch Jason's NHK Trophy free skate from last week, and in hindsight, I think it comes out a WHOLE lot better, even with the mistakes, than many of the skates today.

All that said, yes, Sui/Han are on the top of the game in TES/PCS, which is not the case for Jason so much ( we'll see if he can up his TES later in the season).

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
All that said, yes, Sui/Han are on the top of the game in TES/PCS, which is not the case for Jason so much ( we'll see if he can up his TES later in the season).

It was not my intention to put Jason down. I do not deny his qualities but this is what I mean, when I speak about a good balance between the two things (TES+PCS). It hasn't always been the case with these two either. But they have improved a lot and they eventually got there.