2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens FS | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens FS

Alba

Record Breaker
On theory, a not clean skate get lower PCS... but yeah you know theory vs reality

There is a misconception that not clean skate means automatically lower PCS. That's not exactly true though. SS, CH, TR and to a big extent IN shouldn't be affected, and those are all PCS. Perfomance should be affected, but even in that case it depends how bad are the falls and how much they affect the peformance (e.g. how big is the interruption of the program. If a skater gets affected by it and it's visible that the IN starts suffering by that fall). So, it's not always an easy discussion and a clear cut to make.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I like that idea.
There is the Performance section, where the falls should be reflected with lower marks. But "performance" is a bit vague since it does have a broad sense, so judges will use that and be biased with their marking. A percentage bonus for clean skate on TES it's a good solution.

Yeah, 5% bonus of TES for a skate without falls for example. Maybe with changing the GOE range to a +-5 could also be fine, cause fall will get -5GOE from a BV of the jump, and clean jump could get more positive GOE.

da96103

Record Breaker
What had happened? Woke up with 10 falls in 11 skaters?

FIRM (French Ice Rink Monster) had a big feast but did not take make a move at Misha because FIRM did not update its info that Misha received a last minute visa, thus had forgotten all about him.

Ender

Match Penalty

FIRM (French Ice Rink Monster) had a big feast but did not take make a move at Misha because FIRM did not update its info that Misha received a last minute visa, thus had forgotten all about him.
I don’t think we can blame the rink today. Ladies did brilliantly.

da96103

Record Breaker
Things we need to donate to the IdF

1. Medals
2. Flags
3. New podiums
4. An ice technician
5. A medium that can uncurse the ice

Did I miss anything?

Did they use the podium that is so small that the three medalists can't stand on it at the same time again?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Husband: Those stars look like awards you get from the dentist. Lololol.

There was definitely a dental influence in this competition. Thank you to 4everchan for naming the Kiss and Cry a dental office. And to go along with that, we had several root canal and cavity-inducing performances.

Purv

Match Penalty
There is a misconception that not clean skate means automatically lower PCS. That's not exactly true though. SS, CH, TR and to a big extent IN shouldn't be affected, and those are all PCS. Perfomance should be affected, but even in that case it depends how bad are the falls and how much they affect the peformance (e.g. how big is the interruption of the program. If a skater gets affected by it and it's visible that the IN starts suffering by that fall). So, it's not always an easy discussion and a clear cut to make.

Nut when a skaet gets higher PCS because she/he is only consistent(clean) so why wouldnt PCS get down when they re not clean?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
There was definitely a dental influence in this competition. Thank you to 4everchan for naming the Kiss and Cry a dental office. And to go along with that, we had several root canal and cavity-inducing performances.

I'm not scared if Fluffy is my dentist! :love:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After this event, if it isn’t a genuine Rolex, I’d be handing it right back. :laugh:

Seems like at another event in France they were CITIZEN. I think they were pretty nice ones! Maybe they got them at the GPF last year, along with their plastic medals.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Max kicked it in the face too.

The ISU really needs to take this seriously. If a successful quad is so highly prized point-wise, then an unsuccessful attempt at a quad must be penalized in proportion.

About PCS, the ISU has hinted in its most recent communications that maybe the judges should not give out such high scores for programs than contain falls or have other technical deficiencies. They need to codify this in the rules. A skater should not be able to win a major competition with skates like the ones Fernandez and Uno treated us to.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Don't forget that Javier had a flawless short program with one of the highest scores ever.

Alba

Record Breaker
Nut when a skaet gets higher PCS because she/he is only consistent(clean)

And that's not fair either. Although it's the reality, so I am not going to lose my mind over that.

so why wouldnt PCS get down when they re not clean?

I didn't say they shouldn't. What I am saying is that a fall does not automatically translate in poor SS, CH or TR, for example. And that PCS are more complexed than a GOE given for TES. If, for example, Carolina has a fall and quickly recover, it shouldn't affect her SS, CH or IN. It makes no sense that just because one skater with awesome SS till today, suddenly has mediocre SS cause he/she had a fall. There should be a sense of measure and I am absolutely against Vancouver era. This is a sport and quads shouldn't be discouraged. But they should address the clean not clean programs somewhere also. That bonus point proposal is very good, for example.