2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP

i can see ashley getting her pb of 215/216
polina t getting another 210.
karen & bradie getting 200.
. gabriella satoko getting over 200 again,

like france where top 6 had over 200 in score, as well as the top 4 in cup of china.

it is doable with skate america ladies competitors.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Serafima Sakhanovich's winning SP and FS at Warsaw Challenge:

SP: 3f+3t, 3z, 2a↓ scored 61.23 (34.31, 27.92)
FS: 3f+3t, 3z, 2a, 3s+2t<<↓, 2a, 3f+2t, 3lo, ↓ftwk scored 115.16 (58.92, 58.24)

Total Score: 176.39

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Serafima Sakhanovich's winning SP and FS at Warsaw Challenge:

SP: 3f+3t, 3z, 2a↓ scored 61.23 (34.31, 27.92)
FS: 3f+3t, 3z, 2a, 3s+2t<<↓, 2a, 3f+2t, 3lo, ↓ftwk scored 115.16 (58.92, 58.24)

Total Score: 176.39

She’s getting better but still struggles noticeably. Even 5 triples is a huge improvement for her! She won’t be a factor at SA most likley but my question is...how on earth is Courtney only putting up a 106 in the FS. With Sima’s Jumping struggles....I don’t understand how Courtney lost to her and by such a margin.

Hoping the best for her and until a few weeks ago I had all but counted her out. I’m very worried about her still but I’d love to see her do her best and continue this upward momentum...regardless of the position she finishes.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i can see ashley getting her pb of 215/216
polina t getting another 210.
karen & bradie getting 200.
. gabriella satoko getting over 200 again,

like france where top 6 had over 200 in score, as well as the top 4 in cup of china.

it is doable with skate america ladies competitors.

This is, of course, assuming that ALL these SA ladies skate clean SPs and FSs with no falls, URs or edge calls, yes?

However, the probability of that happening at SA is quite low:

- Ashley always gets edge calls and URs
- Satoko is coming back from injury and is prone to URs
- Karen rarely has a clean FS because she is prone to URs and edge calls and even falls.
- Gaby is still recovering from surgery and tends to peak later in the season
- Bradie is a newbie to the GP and she may be lowballed on the PCS side which may keep her scores low
- Polina is the only one who is likely to skate clean programs without URs or edge calls.

As for Ashley getting her PB of 215/216, that goes back to Worlds 2016 when she was 24, at the peak of her powers and a perennial GP Finalist. Last season, Ashley scored 196.44 at SA, which she won, and 181.38 at CoC, where she was 6th; that was the first GP season since 2009 that Ashley did not make the GPF. She skipped 4CC and scored 193.54 at Worlds 2017, where she placed 7th.

Ashley led off this season with a 3rd place at SC with 183.94. For Ashley to boost her score to 215 at SA, that would require a 32-point increase in TES/PCS. Technically, Ashley hasn't improved at all since 2016 and in some respects has regressed, since she now gets < on her loop and the ! on her lutz has become e. She is doing old programs which were successful for her in the past, but that invites comparison to how she performed them in the past, and that could affect her PCS negatively. Missing the GPF last season, slipping from 2nd to 7th at Worlds, and finishing a distant 3rd at her first GP event doesn't enhance her image. Judges may not be that eager to hand her the gold medal unless they feel she's earned it more than her competitors at this event.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Mmmm really?
Reminder: Polina's SB is 210 points. 210! Gabby barely got that at worlds last year (something like 215)
Kaori and Karen have NEVER gotten above 200 as far as I know.
Satoko is still coming back from injury but she usually peaks at the GPF with around 215.

Of course when i say any of those can spoil for the gold means Polina and Ashley make mistakes.

Sackie

Medalist
Two things Ashley has going for her is that both times she has skated at SA she has won! Also this is an Olympic Year and ladies skating is big in the USA during an Olympic Year - she knows this, her team knows this and I am sure the judges are aware of this too!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It will be a fight for the last ticket to Nagoya.

* If either Ashley or Polina gets the gold, that's our finalist.
* If the gold is someone else's, Polina needs the 2nd place with 209.51 (her season's best is 210.19)
* Otherwise Wakaba keeps her 6th place.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2017/gpsladies.pdf

If Evgenia misses the GPF due to her injury, are these scenarios correct?

- Ashley wins, Polina in 2nd with 209.51+ or Polina wins, Ashley in 2nd with 235.76+: Polina and Ashley in GPF
- Ashley or Polina come in 1st/2nd but the silver medalist does not achieve above score: Wakaba and SA Winner in GPF
- Another winner and Ashley or Polina in 2nd with above score: SA Silver Medalist and Wakaba in GPF
- Ashley AND Polina bomb (4th or lower) and one of Kaori/Satoko/Gabby/Alena win: SA Winner and Wakaba in GPF
- Karen wins and every other skater has the worst possible point total: Wakaba and Elena R in GPF

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Is this just speculation or has more come out about Evgenia's injury?

At this point, it's speculation. However, one has to wonder if the release of this information acts a courtesy to the next-in-line skater to be prepared for the GPF in case she is not able to participate. If so, I think it's very honorable to be open about the injury and not wait until the last minute to WD when the alternate won't have an opportunity to prepare.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
At this point, it's speculation. However, one has to wonder if the release of this information acts a courtesy to the next-in-line skater to be prepared for the GPF in case she is not able to participate. If so, I think it's very honorable to be open about the injury and not wait until the last minute to WD when the alternate won't have an opportunity to prepare.
What was the latest on her injury?

moriel

Record Breaker
Considering there is some time left though, I see good chances for Med to compete.

da96103

Record Breaker
Evgenia is injured?

I know she likes Yuzuru but following him in everything is getting ridiculous.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Considering there is some time left though, I see good chances for Med to compete.

Two weeks is not nearly time enough to heal the crack in her metarsal bone. She needs to take time off the ice for longer than that and then have enough practice time before her next competition.

To keep skating on the injury can make it worse. A similar injury plagued Jason Brown and limited his practice time last season.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Satoko at her best > Wagner at her best

Have you seen her jumps at NHK?

her 3 lutz is smaller than an ant, she doesn't leave the ice at all.

Considering all these people that are complaining about pre-rotation and underrotation, if we want to be that strict Satoko is the worst here by a country mile.

Lovely skater but work on the elevation or switch to Ice Dance / only exhibitions because she's there just because japan has pushed her in the past. In Russia and maybe even US, a girl with these tiny jumps would never get one of the three spots.