2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably has more to do with yesterday being a major holiday here affecting travel.

Usually for SA it's spread out over 3 days. I've been to the last 5 and 4 had competition on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Nationals also have competition on Sunday, hours before the exhibition as well.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Tiny queen is going to shock us all with her mighty Triple Axel, I tell you that! :hap10: :biggrin:

Brace yourself!
There were some gossips about Satoko having smack at this jump last year, but nothing more than that like video or confirmation in any interview irrc. I don't see her pulling it off ever though to be honest.

I'll get the certificate ready. Just in case. :biggrin:

Icey

Record Breaker
I thought this would be like every other GP where all the short programs would be on one day and all the free skates on the next, but NOOOOO we can't do it that way in America....
I don't want to waittttt!!!

I know. So do the women do their lp on Sunday?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I just saw a tweet from Plushenko in the GS timeline, seems he is coming to Skate America! :eeking:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
From Jackie Wong:

- Loves Polina T's basics

I vaguely remember Polina being great in her junior days, but I was really impressed by her skating in Japan. Her jumps are outstanding. I wouldn't mind her winning Skate America.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww why you gotta bring me down time zones and weekend work. I won't be able to see any of this live :(

Good luck to all the ladies!!

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wagner, Tennell and Tsurskaya looked the strongest in practice today

Wagner: runthru (2A, 3F, 2A, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3F, marked Lo, 3Lz), 3Lo, 3Lo, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3S, 3F3T(ur), 3F3T(ur), 3F3T, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lo

Tsurskaya: 2A, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, runthru (3Lz3T, 3F, 2A3T2T, 3Lz, 3S, 3Lo, 2A), 3S, 3F, 3F, 3Lz

Tennell: 2A, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, 3S, 2A3T, 3Lz2T2Lo, runthru (3Lz3T, 2A, 3F), 3Lo
This is going to be a close one! So excited!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Really excited to see how Bradie Tennell does, especially if she was looking so solid in practice.

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
What time are the ladies? I'm very confused by this Grand Prix event. It is not showing up on my Olympic channel schedule! What is going on America!? Lol.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Wagner, Tennell and Tsurskaya looked the strongest in practice today

Wagner: runthru (2A, 3F, 2A, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3F, marked Lo, 3Lz), 3Lo, 3Lo, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3Lo1/2Lo3S, 3S, 3S, 3F3T(ur), 3F3T(ur), 3F3T, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lo

Tsurskaya: 2A, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, runthru (3Lz3T, 3F, 2A3T2T, 3Lz, 3S, 3Lo, 2A), 3S, 3F, 3F, 3Lz

Tennell: 2A, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, 3S, 2A3T, 3Lz2T2Lo, runthru (3Lz3T, 2A, 3F), 3Lo
This is going to be a close one! So excited!

Why has Wagner been practicing so many 3lo? Is this her worst jump?

Since Tennell has the highest score among American ladies this season (and got it early in the season), I wouldn't be surprised if she is the highest scoring American lady at SA.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Since Tennell has the highest score among American ladies this season (and got it early in the season), I wouldn't be surprised if she is the highest scoring American lady at SA.

Grand Prix is a whole other ball game. Let's just let things play out the way they will. I'll be surprised, shocked even if Bradie is. She has no rep going into this so to speak.

temadd

Final Flight

It is normally her strongest jump. But at Skate Canada it was UR in the short and in the long she had a little trouble with it in the spot where she was supposed to do the 3lo 1/2Lo 3S. Probably making sure she hits it this time.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Grand Prix is a whole other ball game. Let's just let things play out the way they will. I'll be surprised, shocked even if Bradie is. She has no rep going into this so to speak.

Lombardia is not GP but it is international so I think she has a really good chance at SA if she performs well.