2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP

evasorange

Final Flight
If Satoko was hammerd by the under rotation calls that is Ashley usually is she would struggle to make the top ten tbh

yuki

Final Flight
Lovely skater but work on the elevation or switch to Ice Dance / only exhibitions because she's there just because japan has pushed her in the past. In Russia and maybe even US, a girl with these tiny jumps would never get one of the three spots.

FWIW, working on the elevation is what got her injured in the first place.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
From Jackie Wong:

In the mixed zone, Gabrielle Daleman notes that she's recovering from illness, still with a slight cough; looked strong in practice, though maybe not putting in the numbers on the jumps that she usually does

His description of her practice

Daleman: marked jumps in SP runthru, 2A, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lo(step), 3Lo, 3F(e?), 3T, 3T3T

Other ladies things from him:
- Karen Chen has gone back to both of last year's programs (already mentioned here)
- He thought a lot of Satoko's jumps in practice today looked maybe UR, she didn't look super confident going in
- Serafima's jumps look a lot better than last year
- Loves Polina T's basics

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I thought this would be like every other GP where all the short programs would be on one day and all the free skates on the next, but NOOOOO we can't do it that way in America....
I don't want to waittttt!!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought this would be like every other GP where all the short programs would be on one day and all the free skates on the next, but NOOOOO we can't do it that way in America....

But at least we spectators don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to watch the practices and leave slightly before midnight because all 4 disciplines compete on the same day :p I'm going to enjoy sleeping in for the next 3 days :laugh:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

NHK had dance on the second and third days.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
So apparently Karen has changed her free slate again? It'seems such a shame I loved slow dancing in thé big city

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well this will be quite a Ladies' skating marathon this weekend. Russian cup 5th event jr ladies SP in 1 hour, then senior ladies SP after, then immediately going to sleep and waking up at 4:30 am to immediately watch skate america ladies and then after a few hours will be russia cup jr and sr ladies' FS's...

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That's gotta be a typo, though a 3A+3T in the second half would be quite impressive!! :love:
Tiny queen is going to shock us all with her mighty Triple Axel, I tell you that! :hap10: :biggrin:

Brace yourself!
There were some gossips about Satoko having smack at this jump last year, but nothing more than that like video or confirmation in any interview irrc. I don't see her pulling it off ever though to be honest.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Probably has more to do with yesterday being a major holiday here affecting travel.

da96103

Record Breaker
Tiny queen is going to shock us all with her mighty Triple Axel, I tell you that! :hap10: :biggrin:

Brace yourself!
There were some gossips about Satoko having smack at this jump last year, but nothing more than that like video or confirmation in any interview irrc. I don't see her pulling it off ever though to be honest.

She does have the fastest rotation. So who knows, a little more elevation and she can add one more rotation and make it 3A.