2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 198 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Are there any confirmations on who the last spot at Nationals will go to? Tarusina came 2nd at the Russian Cup but Serafima has a GP now, so did Serafima automatically get the last spot due to her assignment? Also is Fedichkina allowed to compete as a Junior at Nationals since she didn't qualify for seniors?

Yes, Fedichkina is qualified for Junior Nationals.
http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1644.html

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Looking at today's Cup of Russia I realized that Kostornaya is the new favorite for the Fed. 215! even without bonuses it is still around 210! If Medvedeva skips the nationals I would imagine the pecking order there: Zagitova, Kostornaya, and whoever will be the third in the Olympic team.

But Alena is amazing. She has the force with her.

madison

Record Breaker
Looking at today's Cup of Russia I realized that Kostornaya is the new favorite for the Fed. 215! even without bonuses it is still around 210! If Medvedeva skips the nationals I would imagine the pecking order there: Zagitova, Kostornaya, and whoever will be the third in the Olympic team.

Noo, it doesn't make sense to promote Kostornaya like this. She isn't even senior eligible next year. If they will put Kostornaya on second, the others ladies who will have to go to Olympics and Worlds will look really weak.

tars

Record Breaker
What a fine Russian Cup stage in Moscow! :yahoo:

- Katia Mitrofanova delivered solid skate again! :)
- So did Anna Tarusina! :)

First one seemed to lost her jumps completely season ago, wiping the ice regularly, declared publicly switching to dance few months ago. Second broke her leg and got several injuries in bus accident, going to the rink for her first JGP year ago.
Bravo girls! :clap:

Two first places in juniors: 207 (Tarakanova), 204 (Trusova). First place in seniors: 215 (Kostornaya). Exclusively Tutberidze. :biggrin:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Slight overreaction to Kostornaya's scores... She was competing in seniors and they tend to have significantly inflated scores in comparison to juniors even if the program itself is just as good.

luckyguy

Match Penalty

A provocative question.;) Is she really better than Gubanova without mistakes?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
So, in the next season to seniors is coming a new wave? Panenkova, Gulyakova, Konstantinova, Fedichkina, Gubanova, Nugumanova, Kurakova, Tarusina? Very exciting! :clap:

madison

Record Breaker
So, in the next season to seniors is coming a new wave? Panenkova, Gulyakova, Konstantinova, Fedichkina, Gubanova, Nugumanova, Kurakova, Tarusina? Very exciting! :clap:

Also Samodurova will be eligible, but obviously not all of them will be let to compete at senior level.