2017 GPF Men's SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Men's SP

qwertyskates

Medalist
I am quite disappointed...only Jason brought his A game. Overall, it's not a splatfest but neither is it the shining finale to the GP series hoped for but I hope I speak too soon and the ladies SP, Men's and Pairs' FS prove me wrong.:noshake:

Does anyone have a good time schedule for the FSs tomorrow?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I LOVE the Oregon Coast, Jammers! I haven't visited Tillamook yet, but hope to on my next trip to the coast. There's so much to explore! I've been to Seaside and Newport.

I am quite disappointed...only Jason brought his A game. Overall, it's not a splatfest but neither is it the shining finale to the GP series hoped for but I hope I speak too soon and the ladies SP, Men's and Pairs' FS prove me wrong.:noshake:

Does anyone have a good time schedule for the FSs tomorrow?

Your view is also kinda ironic, given that Jason wasn't originally going to be there. :laugh:

Last edited:

qwertyskates

Medalist
Your view is also kinda ironic, given that Jason wasn't originally going to be there. :laugh:
I'm glad he did, even though I love Jin, because Jason brings a different type of skating to the quad masters' mix. :agree: I enjoy his skating more than Nathan's at this SP.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think having Jason there was great just so we could look at him rack up points for spins and steps in the TES box. :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I would not have missed that awesome footwoork for the World!! Great to see the Japanese fans clap along and give him a Standing O!

Amazing, considering he is breaking in new boots.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Maybe they should start showing Jason's SP during PBS pledge drives. ;)

andromache

Record Breaker
Shoma and Nathan are tied for best SPs of the season, IMO. Both are masterpieces of musicality and choreography, one modern, one classic. Nathan has the superior LP, however.

I'm nervously anticipating a splatfest for the LP. They all seemed to barely be holding it together here....

WestVirginia130

Rinkside
The PCS inflation is just crazy. How can a skater who fell get the same amount of pcs when he goes clean? Like how is it that Kolyada gets a personal best pcs today higher than his pcs in CoC when he was clean.

While I definitely agree that there are consistency problems with PCS scoring across the board, the entire point of having a scoring category separate from TES is that it does not account for technical errors, it evaluates artistry and interpretation instead. I think typically the problem with PCS is that they tend to reflect the TES too much; if a skater completely flubs all their jumps but still skates perfectly otherwise with great artistry and interpretation, it rarely matters and their PCS takes a dive as well.

Even though he struggled with his jumps here today, he really didn't let it get to him and impact the rest of his program and it honestly was pretty consistent with what he produced at CoC, imo

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh by the way guys, some of you may have not seen this, but Jason actually got the famed Noburo Sato back pat from the amazing Takahiko Kozuka! I think it's good luck (and it's bit adorable to see him fanboy a bit afterwards....)

And also, he's like his idol Noburnari Oda getting called up to GPF on the Olympic year as a first alternate.

da96103

Record Breaker
I think the most eye opening thing that has happened today is not the skating but someone who's in Kuala Lumpu mentioning Tillamook ice cream made in my hometown where i live Tillamook. Like they say i guess the world is a small place afterall. And yes we do have mountains and trees and lakes and lots and lots of rain but have never heard it called exotic here. :laugh:

That's me. At first I thought it was a town in Africa. But the address says OR which is Oregon, the state that lies between Washington in the north and California in the south, capital Portland. I have been to San Francisco which is northern California and there is already the Muir Woods there, so Oregon must have more giant trees, and would be more mysterious.

The ice cream is so nice and smooth. There's so many chocolate chips inside it and it is not overly sweet.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That's me. At first I thought it was a town in Africa. But the address says OR which is Oregon, the state that lies between Washington in the north and California in the south, capital Portland. I have been to San Francisco which is northern California and there is already the Muir Woods there, so Oregon must have more giant trees, and would be more mysterious.

The ice cream is so nice and smooth. There's so many chocolate chips inside it and it is not overly sweet.

The capitol of Oregon is actually Salem. But certainly Portland is better known. :biggrin: As I said, the Oregon Coast is super amazing and worth a visit.

Glad you enjoyed the ice cream!

Jason writes Japanese?

He's been studying Japanese for several years now. He said his goal is to be fluent by 40, but I think he'll get there sooner than that.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The PCS inflation is just crazy. How can a skater who fell get the same amount of pcs when he goes clean? Like how is it that Kolyada gets a personal best pcs today higher than his pcs in CoC when he was clean.

It is so outrageous, and you notice how only a chosen few are given this sickening preferential treatment. We don't even need to bother watching the LP now.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
German commentator on Adam Rippon "I know I'm on thin ice with this, but this program is too feminine for my taste." Just come out and say it's too camp for you instead of that 'feminine' political correctness idiocy.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
German commentator on Adam Rippon "I know I'm on thin ice with this, but this program is too feminine for my taste." Just come out and say it's too camp for you instead of that 'feminine' political correctness idiocy.

Let's hope he gets the backlash he so richly richly deserves.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Camp sounds a lot more PC to my (native English speaker) ears. Maybe you mean flamboyant?