2017 GPF Ladies SP | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Ladies SP

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
You don't think that the others work just as hard? Or maybe they just are more efficient - They certainly did get higher jumps than Satoko. And better rotations.

How about you flip it around and think of all those other skaters who have worked really hard yet get unfairly passed by Satoko and her UR jumps?

i always said everyone tries their best and should be respected, poster seemed to imply that Satoko doesnt feel the need to work since she gets away with it which is wrong, doesnt mean that i think she is the only hard worker because i mentioned only her name

and seriously, what do you all want her to do? go to the judges and say "look, these jumps were UR, so please call them" or "judges arent calling my URs and its not fair to other girls, so i wont compete anymore because i dont deserve it"

Ender

Match Penalty
Sigh...are you guys attacking Satoko for wanting to skate and win? :sarcasm:I'm sure she is doing her best, and not slacking. I agree her jumps are PR & UR, but if the Tech and judges decide to not call them, she, like Carolina, Shoma, Med, can continue to go forward. There are other qualities about them that makes judges want to reward them, possibly due to their refined skating and their popularity among fans. It's not their fault that they are favored.
No. I am fine. I am actually FINE with that. I am sure from her fans, that Miyahara KNOWS her PR and UR issue and still enjoys the benefits and the medals. Actually it’s very human. There’s nothing wrong with being selfish despite knowing other people might have deserved more.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Meoima, you're really having a lot of fun in all these threads aren't you?

qwertyskates

Medalist
No. I am fine. I am actually FINE with that. I am sure from her fans, that Miyahara KNOWS her PR and UR issue and still enjoys the benefits and the medals. Actually it’s very human. There’s nothing wrong with being selfish despite knowing other people might have deserved more.

But she isn't selfish, you're projecting a lot of stuff onto Satoko that she doesn't deserve.:noshake:

Frankly, I prefer Satoko over Higuchi, whom I find powerful but aesthetically less pleasing, with mediocre spins, a better version of Max Aaron. She is the skater-in-waiting in case Satoko fails, just like Alina for Med.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I, for one, am really looking forward to the theatrical release of "I, Satoko", the controversial 2017 biopic that offers a fresh take on the infamous "broken kneecaps for half the Japanese team" scandal... Or so you'd think based on these crazy posts. Seriously, the fact that you guys fail to realize that your OTT reactions make you look unhinged is disturbing.

Ender

Match Penalty
But she isn't selfish, you're projecting a lot of stuff onto Satoko that she doesn't deserve.:noshake:

Frankly, I prefer Satoko over Higuchi, whom I find powerful but aesthetically less pleasing, with mediocre spins, a better version of Max Aaron. She is the skater-in-waiting in case Satoko fails, just like Alina for Med.
I don’t really have any issues with the PCS. Prefer someone over something has nothing to do with the tech calls though.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
You are implying that Satoko herself is "cheating" and getting full credit.

Satoko is cheating.
I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated but that is literally the terminology ISU uses for prerotated jumps of her kind. Literally. Full meaning of that word.

"Cheated take-off - A clear forward (backward for Axel type jump) take-off will be considered as a
downgraded jump. The toe loop is the most commonly cheated on take-off jump.
The TP may only watch the replay in regular speed to determine the cheat and
downgrade on the take off (more often in combinations or sequences)."

You may hate that word, but it is the correct word. The video tars linked previously is a perfect example of that. So yes, Satoko Miyahara cheats her jumps.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I, for one, am really looking forward to the theatrical release of "I, Satoko", the controversial 2017 biopic that offers a fresh take on the infamous "broken kneecaps for half the Japanese team" scandal... Or so you'd think based on these crazy posts. Seriously, the fact that you guys fail to realize that your OTT reactions make you look unhinged is disturbing.

:rofl: People are really pressed about her. You do not feel her jumps should be competitive which is fine but the psychoanalysis is so over the top :scratch2:

anyanka

Record Breaker
But, I’m glad that it’s all set up for an exciting fp. All to play for!

The point spread is really not that big: 5 points across 1st to 6th. Heck if everyone splats and Kostner stays on her feet, she could take it and blindside everyone else. (I adore her and even I know it's a bit of a stretch, but ice IS slippery!)

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I hope that on Saturday the senior ladies' GPF audience arrives early enough to see the juniors as well. They deserve a large crowd.
It's unlikely. Usually there are separate type of ticket for each part of event. I didn't notice empty chairs at JGPF though.. Japanese public are very dedicated to this sport, after all.

qwertyskates

Medalist
If that's cheating then Shoma's worse, but folks are attacking Satoko more. Why?:sarcasm:

Besides, Satoko packs her program with tons of content and details, more than Shoma.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Satoko is cheating.
I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated but that is literally the terminology ISU uses for prerotated jumps of her kind. Literally. Full meaning of that word.

"Cheated take-off - A clear forward (backward for Axel type jump) take-off will be considered as a
downgraded jump. The toe loop is the most commonly cheated on take-off jump.
The TP may only watch the replay in regular speed to determine the cheat and
downgrade on the take off (more often in combinations or sequences)."

You may hate that word, but it is the correct word. The video tars linked previously is a perfect example of that. So yes, Satoko Miyahara cheats her jumps.

... and yet she's not being called on it at this juncture. But then again, the GPF IS in Japan, so ... :slink:

I don't think she's consciously doing it with malicious intent, she just can't get the heights, and the judges decide to mark her without calling the PR / UR ...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I may like Satoko but if she started clubbing her teammates I’d have to reconsider. She’s probably more likely to knit you a nice scarf.

🧣

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I don't think she's consciously doing it with malicious intent, she just can't get the heights, and the judges decide to mark her without calling the PR / UR ...

Oh she's consciously doing it alright. Otherwise she'd show visible signs of fixing her jumping technique. She's entirely content with cheating knowing she can get away with it.

Note, this isn't just because it's Satoko. I'm against all kinds of cheating and also think edges should be called correctly. It just so happens that Satoko's easily the most obvious lady cheating her jumps and getting away with it right now.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Oh she's consciously doing it alright. Otherwise she'd show visible signs of fixing her jumping technique. She's entirely content with cheating knowing she can get away with it.

Maybe the girl shouldn't skip leg day at the gym?

qwertyskates

Medalist

Um, you think she got her fractured hip from clubbing instead of training?:sarcasm:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
It's unlikely. Usually there are separate type of ticket for each part of event. I didn't notice empty chairs at JGPF though.. Japanese public are very dedicated to this sport, after all.

Everyone wants to see the little queens with their 3As and 4S. Truly historical moments are to come, I hope! :pray:

rikaquegira

On the Ice

Note, this isn't just because it's Satoko. I'm against all kinds of cheating and also think edges should be called correctly. It just so happens that Satoko's easily the most obvious lady cheating her jumps and getting away with it right now.

:shocked:

GGFan

Record Breaker
... and yet she's not being called on it at this juncture. But then again, the GPF IS in Japan, so ... :slink:

Intent need not be part of the discussion at all. Satoko puts out a program and its the job of the judges to assess it. Satoko did not get new small jumps recently. Throughout her years as a junior and senior her jumps have not been treated as ones that not competitive with the others. There has been plenty of time for the judges to send the message.

I think it's crazy that people expect this message will miraculously be sent weeks before the Olympics. What we have here is a really rare resource (Olympic slots and medals) and people starting to lose their minds over it.