2017 GPF Ladies SP | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Ladies SP

rikaquegira

On the Ice
People with eyes surely know Miyahara pre-rotate and under-rotate and doesn’t get called. It
Yes getting ridiculous. First because of her, Kaori Sakamoto was robbed at SA. Now it’s Higuchi was robbed. JSF is like: “we don’t care for girls who fully rotate their jumps. We have our beloved back. Bye”. So annoying to seethe rest of Japanese ladies getting robbed because of a girl who can’t fully rotate her jumps.

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t enjoy performances when tech panel and judges are playing dirty.
I understand your feeling. But if you can't enjoy performances when judges are playing dirty then figure skating is probably very hard to watch for you. Because it is one of the messiest sports when it comes to scoring... [emoji23]
I love figure skating, I love watching the ladies events and now I watch some ice dance as well. And it's really pollemic all the time! It's amazing! lol

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
People with eyes surely know Miyahara pre-rotate and under-rotate and doesn’t get called. It
Yes getting ridiculous. First because of her, Kaori Sakamoto was robbed at SA. Now it’s Higuchi was robbed. JSF is like: “we don’t care for girls who fully rotate their jumps. We have our beloved back. Bye”. So annoying to seethe rest of Japanese ladies getting robbed because of a girl who can’t fully rotate her jumps.

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t enjoy performances when tech panel and judges are playing dirty.

"Dirty?" How so? (Warming up my ignore list button).

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
You're stating this like it's a fact--how do you know this is "something they make sure of"? And how do they "make sure of" this? Are you saying JSF is bribing each and every judge at every event?

You can keep believing Satoko Miyahara's jumps are "miraculously" not being called all you like.

When this is not called
https://imgflip.com/gif/20psz6

and there is a history now of her not getting them, then yeah, I want an investigation.
I don't know what it is, good old lobbying, or straight up corruption at this point, but I will never believe that someone is not going to get a single call on her more than obvious terrible jumps because ... um .... something.
Not that I'll get an investigation, unfortunately.

Ender

Match Penalty
I understand your feeling. But if you can't enjoy performances when judges are playing dirty then figure skating is probably very hard to watch for you. Because it is one of the messiest sports when it comes to scoring... [emoji23]
I love figure skating, I love watching the ladies events and now I watch some ice dance as well. And it's really pollemic all the time! It's amazing! lol
Do you know how hard it is for these ladies to fully rotate their jumps? Then someone doesn’t have to fully rotate anything get all the same credit. It’s dirty and disgusting. It’s shameful. Judges and federation are so wrong to evaluate elements in such way. Who cares to improve technique anymore?

Roast Toast

Medalist
Are we really going to have a repeat of the same "conversation" -- aka the two same posters frothing at the mouth over how much they hate Satoko for pages on end -- in literally every competition she skates in?

Ender

Match Penalty
Are we really going to have a repeat of the same "conversation" -- aka the two same posters frothing at the mouth over how much they hate Satoko for pages on end -- in literally every competition she skates in?
Go back and count how many people have called for such unfair calls from the tech panel. What they did was wrong and shameful and should be called for. UR jumps are UR. A wrong call decide the podium. If you’re a fan of a certain skater, do you want your skater get benefits from dubious calls that rob other skaters’ chance?

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Do you know how hard it is for these ladies to fully rotate their jumps? Then someone doesn’t have to fully rotate anything get all the same credit. It’s dirty and disgusting. It’s shameful. Judges and federation are so wrong to evaluate elements in such way. Who cares to improve technique anymore when you can go out and cheat and still get all credit?
"when you can go out and cheat and get all the credit"

it's sentences like this one that I think are problematic. You are implying that Satoko herself is "cheating" and getting full credit.
When in reality, if someone is cheating is the tech panel and the judges. They are the ones *giving full credit* for bad jumps.
I understand everything you said, I think any fan of figure skating feels like that sometimes (or all the time). Heck, I'm still mad about Yuna Kim not getting gold in Sochi! [emoji23] But I don't blame any skater for that. It's important to remind that the skater is just doing their best, the score is up to the judges. I'm sure there is not one skater who thinks "oh, I'll just do whatevers, I know I'll be overscored, hahahaha, why training at all? I'll just ***enjoy my ice time***"

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Satoko's prerotation in slowmo was unbelievable. :eeking:
She's rotating 270 degrees on the ice before take off.

https://youtu.be/gdbEqS6Wx_Y?t=277

Pretty believable! A few years back I made a picture gallery of all her jumps in a competition and they all were prerotated well past 180 degrees, usually closer to 270.

She really would be more accurately judged if the judges just closed their eyes and gave every single triple jump of hers a carrot. In fact, I doubt it'd ever go wrong in that case.

PCS aside, it'd be much easier to appreciate this sport if the judging of the obvious technical elements was correct. Obvious edge calls, pre/underrotation... please call them.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Do you know how hard it is for these ladies to fully rotate their jumps? Then someone doesn’t have to fully rotate anything get all the same credit. It’s dirty and disgusting. It’s shameful. Judges and federation are so wrong to evaluate elements in such way. Who cares to improve technique anymore when you can go out and cheat and still get all credit?

Satoko does, thats why she overtrained and broke herself even though obviously "she knew she would get away with it"

i dont like arguing judging and all and try to stay away as much as possible but when i see posts like this i cant help it :eek:hwell: its weird when some people think skaters are stupid or not aware of their shortcomings or whats going on around them

Ender

Match Penalty
"when you can go out and cheat and get all the credit"

it's sentences like this one that I think are problematic. You are implying that Satoko herself is "cheating" and getting full credit.
When in reality, if someone is cheating is the tech panel and the judges. They are the ones *giving full credit* for bad jumps.
I understand everything you said, I think any fan of figure skating feels like that sometimes (or all the time). Heck, I'm still mad about Yuna Kim not getting gold in Sochi! [emoji23] But I don't blame any skater for that. It's important to remind that the skater is just doing their best, the score is up to the judges. I'm sure there is not one skater who thinks "oh, I'll just do whatevers, I know I'll be overscored, hahahaha, why training at all? I'll just ***enjoy my ice time***"
If any skater doesn’t know that she/he UR and still gets credit, that skater might have some issues. It’s your own jumps, and you don’t know you cheat it? But of course everyone is for oneself. I don’t blame them going out and gets all the benefits.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Satoko does, thats why she overtrained and broke herself even though "she knew she would get away with it"

i dont like arguing judging and all and try to stay away as much as possible but when i see posts like this i cant help it :eek:hwell: its weird when some people think skaters are stupid or not aware of their shortcomings or whats going on around them
That's exactly what I feel right now, seeing these two speaking of Satoko as if she was simply lazy. When in reality it is quite the opposite.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow...just watched Masha’s performance and she nailed it. Anyone else think that maybe this is what Gracie Gold’s coaches were shooting for. She looked like a real life princess and carried this regal presence. I’ve never seen her look so confident and happy to perform.

The program is brilliant and pays respect to many traditions of the sport. Well done...I hope she can continue to improve at this pace and continue to find success. Shes a great representative of the athletes who all get along and enjoy not only the competing but each other. She had some profound words the other day on the effect that people who post and say negative things has on her. In her words she just wants to compete to make the world more beautiful and for people to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by pearly View Post
I just came to post what she said:

"Icenetwork: So many people have an opinion to share?

Sotskova: I must say that the internet is far worse. There are so many readers, and they always write stuff. You'll read comments like, "Her competitor is better, she should go to the Games" or "She is not good enough." That's quite demoralizing. People have to know something: We always want to show the best programs, and also beautiful skating. We don't skate only for us but for everyone. We just try to make the world better and people happier than they were before watching us. That's our goal! Some people who criticize us don't know how much we are working for that goal.

The problem is, modern life without the internet is just impossible. I, of course, don't want to read those criticisms, but they are there, as toxic as they are. Athletes shouldn't read internet comments. They make you more nervous and make you lose some of your confidence. If you follow them, you can lose your way."

Seriously, I think we need to pin this on top of every single subforum here.

Something to consider :2thumbs:

Ender

Match Penalty
That's exactly what I feel right now, seeing these two speaking of Satoko as if she was simply lazy. When in reality it is quite the opposite.
You know, I don’t really care what skater do less or more in their training. What I care is what they show in competition. What I see is all those UR jumps that don’t get called, and the results is other ladies who work hard as much get robbed and cheated out of their chances. Of course I am furious.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Satoko does, thats why she overtrained and broke herself even though "she knew she would get away with it"

You don't think that the others work just as hard? Or maybe they just are more efficient - They certainly did get higher jumps than Satoko. And better rotations.

How about you flip it around and think of all those other skaters who have worked really hard yet get unfairly passed by Satoko and her UR jumps?

Ender

Match Penalty
Satoko does, thats why she overtrained and broke herself even though obviously "she knew she would get away with it"

Ok she works hard and she hasn’t improved her UR issue a bit. And conveniently her scores keep going up and up. And other ladies got down and down because her fed don’t care for them.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
If any skater doesn’t know that she/he UR and still gets credit, that skater might have some issues. It’s your own jumps, and you don’t know you cheat it? But of course everyone is for oneself. I don’t blame them going out and gets all the benefits.
What? You think Satoko doesn't know her jumps are URd and pre rorated???
Just because it's not being called it doesn't mean she doesn't know or is not bothered by it.
And she has a coach.
Everyone knows the state of her jumps! Don't be silly.
And she can't go to the judges and say "hey, give me a UR! My jumps are terrible!"
Again, the problem is with the judging. The end.

Ender

Match Penalty
What? You think Satoko doesn't know her jumps are URd and pre rorated???
Just because it's not being called it doesn't mean she doesn't know or is not bothered by it.
And she has a coach.
Everyone knows the state of her jumps! Don't be silly.
And she can't go to the judges and say "hey, give me a UR! My jumps are terrible!"
Again, the problem ia with the judging. The end.
Reading comprehension issue.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Sigh...are you guys attacking Satoko for wanting to skate and win? :sarcasm:I'm sure she is doing her best, and not slacking. I agree her jumps are PR & UR, but if the Tech and judges decide not to call them, she, like Carolina, Shoma, Med, can continue to go forward. There are other qualities about them that make judges want to reward them, possibly due to their refined skating and their popularity among fans. It's not their fault that they are favored.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Reading comprehension issue.
Ok. I'll work on it.
You are a good judge who gave me a "reading comprehension issue" call, so now I know and will read more often and try to understand it better. [emoji23]

Jokes aside, sorry if I misunderstood what you said previously. Sometimes that happens. [emoji28]