2018 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs FS

auser

Record Breaker
Well gee that makes a person feel old! I remember watching Sale and Pelletier at Salt Lake City (not in person, but you know what I mean) now the kids born after that time are in competiton!

Where's my cane.

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing. But rationalized that it might have been when Pelletier was a very young skater ;).

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Someone else can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it’s a cultural thing: the Japanese fed prefers to funnel their money into singles skating, because pairs and dance are seen as endeavours for “weaker” skaters.

Now that's really interesting, because usually when I think of Asian countries I think of people working in teams towards something - like less of a focus on the individual. But I guess sport is a different thing!

Or maybe when it comes to pairs there's not enough tall guys in Japan ;) Although Cong from China is pretty short and he can lift with the best of them!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Poor Lubov still has the chin bandage. Nice colour dress though. I wonder if this was the Olympics dress. :cry:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:rofl: I was thinking the same thing. But rationalized that it might have been when Pelletier was a very young skater ;).

David Pelletier told the story on air, but he didn't say how old he was at the time.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Weird question...are the rink boards extra tall or am I crazy?

My stream died :cry:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This has not been a good competition for the Canadian pairs. They were better at Nationals. Time for Lubov and Dylan to turn it around!

auser

Record Breaker
Riku MIRA/Shoya ICHIHASHI (JPN)
Warsaw Concerto
her in red dress with dark edging, him in black shirt/pants

2Tw
SBS 3T, he turned out, she did 3T< fall
upsy, a little cautious
Th3Lo
SBS FCCoSp
BIDs
upsy
ChSq
SBS 2A
upsy, bit of a struggle to get it up
Th3S, step out
CoSp

Not bad!
Thanks for the great pbp karne. Did I remember to wish you a Happy Australia day in earlier threads? Happy Australia Day karne , anonymoose_au, and other GS aussies:hap10:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Poor Lubov still has the chin bandage. Nice colour dress though. I wonder if this was the Olympics dress. :cry:

She does? Dang, obviously I need to get my eyes checked.

And it is a lovely dress! But why no Olympics? I haven't been keeping up with Canadian pairs, do they only have one spot? Or did Liubov and Dylan have a bad Nationals?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

And it is a lovely dress! But why no Olympics? I haven't been keeping up with Canadian pairs, do they only have one spot? Or did Liubov and Dylan have a bad Nationals?

Three spots!

They had a rough showing at nationals and placed 4th. :(

Meagan and Eric, Julianne and Charlie, and Kirsten and Mike are going.

waterblades

On the Ice
okay my heart just broke a little. They are my favourite couple, Dylan especially, he's been a favourite of mine since I saw him at nationals with his sister and they couldn't compete internationally because she was a junior and he was a senior. This is their last international competition they are gonna nail this!:pray::yahoo:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

We have three spots. They lost to Moore Towers/Marinaro. They came fourth.

gold12345

Medalist
Walsh/Michaud should have been here.

I'm curious as to why they weren't sent. Jr Worlds isn't for a while. They probably wanted to spread the wealth since this isn't a particularly important 4CC, but it made them less competitive here by sending 6th and 7th from Nationals.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What is with the one black wrist band on the male partner?

Looks like a hand brace, must have an injury or strain.

At least he didn't forget to take his watch off! I was watching a really old program of Plushy's once and he had a watch on and I was totally distracted :laugh: