2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS | Page 141 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I am happy with the result.

But the Japanese lobby worked hard to get Uno to the Silver.

Too high GOE and not called underrotation. Javier deserved the Silver.

Did the Japanese lobby also bribe Javier into popping his jump? Because if so ....

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK Channel 7 is showing Nathan...let's see how this goes.

Bosss of Quad Lutz to open.

(But guys my laptop has legitimately died...it's not charging! :sad21:)

gerorin

On the Ice
Shouma said he felt bad about the mistake, but he could calm himself for the next jumps. He also was having trouble talking and kept coughing, so much that the interviewer made him drink first

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would've had Javi 2nd and Boyang 3rd. Oh well.

Dima's horror fall took me out of the excitement for a bit, but I'm still so proud of him for placing 7th even after that. What fighting spirit and character he has! I may be American, but I'd much rather watch his skating any day than those boring quadfests from Nathan & Vincent. Dima is on track to being a truly complete skater like Javi and Yuzuru and that makes me happy.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Big Congratulation to Yuzu two time Olympic Champion, he was truly amazing in both the SP and FS! :bow:

Shoma just WOW he was a warrior on the ice he fought for everything and won Silver. :dance:

Congrats to Javi for winning the Bronze he was amazing, just loved his performance and to make history for his country makes
his win extra special. :clap:

Shout out to Nathan. No medal for him but I hope he takes away some satisfaction for his amazing FS performance. :hap93:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think both Javi and Shoma are deep in thoughts on auto pilot mode

Only Hanyu really experienced the moment

And I see it as a big advantage and strenght of Yuzuru, this intense experiencing thing, consummation oozing from him, he was so long outside of the competition and he strives for every second he can get. The way he is able to conserve the energy inside and control it during his performances is really mirrored in his demeanor, so amazing... It was so decisive and majestic, yet feeling natural and right, him being after what he experienced with such poise to win, like no other option was in cards. After his finishing pose I thought that the spirit alone shown proved that he is a champion no matter what will happen next.

Roast Toast

Medalist
His program just wasn't good, Lori Nichol did a disservice to him with that thing.

I hope Boyang can add more depth to his skating the next 4 years (while keeping the tech), they've been saddling him with gimmicky programs.

I'll take gimmicky with personality over fill in the blanks "beautiful lines" bs. Out of the jumping beans I thought his short came the closest to resembling a convincing program.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
and we are propably still for the best cherry on the cake later in March at Worlds. I guess Hanyu back at full force with quad loop and 5 quads free :agree:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Zhou scored only two points less than Boyang.

Let that sink in.

He deserved it. The program and performance were better and also more difficult, yes with some underrotations and a clear mistake, but Boyang did have a fall on an underrotated jump.

gerorin

On the Ice
Shouma said he felt bad about the mistake, but he could calm himself for the next jumps. He also was having trouble talking and kept coughing, so much that the interviewer made him drink first

Oh also he said the first mistake fortunately didn't break his nerves and he had a chuckle about it before preparing mentally for the next elements

GGFan

Record Breaker
Really random, but low-key my biggest surprise about Nathan's performance: he pulled off 3F 1Lo 3S :eeking: He always messes up those kinds of combos and pops the third jump. :slink: