2018-19 U.S. Men’s figure skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Men’s figure skating

skatenewbie

Medalist
Vincent just announced his sp is choreographed by Lori Nichols and is to exogenesis: symphony 1 part 3 redemption.

The clips look beautiful and his edge quality looks sublime!

Edit* adding link
https://instagram.com/p/BmJJNvUh87w/
its not bad but its giving me recycled feeling from Ashley Exogenesis FS... the steps is good i agree with that but the opening is basically almost same with Ashley's (if that was the opening music cut...)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tomoki Hiwatashi scored 218.82 at the DuPage Open, which moves his score up to second on the list above.

And Jordan Moeller scored 184.19 at the same competition.

Noted!

Sean Rabbitt 223.83 Glacier Falls (14th)
Tomoki Hiwatashi 218.82 DuPage Open (12th)
Emmanuel Savary 210.28 Skate Dallas (18th)
Timothy Dolensky 209.29 Skate Detroit (7th)
Andrew Torgashev 206.41 Philadelphia (13th)
Camden Pulkinen 206.00 Broadmoor (1st -Junior)
Jimmy Ma 198.88 Philadelphia (11th)
Daniel Kulenkamp 188.10 Glacier Falls (17th)
Ryan Dunk 187.50 Chesapeake (4th - Junior)
Jordan Moeller 184.19 DuPage Open (15th)
Patrick Rupp 172.35 Glacier Falls (15th in 2015 Nationals)
Jordan Moeller 164.36 Broadmoor (15th)
Sebastian Payannet 163.93 Glacier Falls (19th)
Ben Jalovick 154.91 Broadmoor (16th)
Kevin Shum 149.64 U.S. Collegiates (21st)

century2009

On the Ice
its not bad but its giving me recycled feeling from Ashley Exogenesis FS... the steps is good i agree with that but the opening is basically almost same with Ashley's (if that was the opening music cut...)

Yeah, this piece is so recycled with like 3-4 programs of this just last year. Not to mention Jeremy, Ashley, etc. It needs to retire already.

I wish Lori could have given him something different if they were going classical. There are MANY he could use that just doesnt scream "been there, done that" to give him more of his own style, because now he is battling the comparison game which he doesnt have the maturity yet to do.

It is better than Moulin Rogue (anything is better than Moulin to be fair) but he should have done this last year, and was hoping he does something more really different this year than warhorses.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Funny how a song released in 2010 is now considered a warhorse :p

The clips look great

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, I come back and learn....

Andrew Torgashev won Philly International.
:yes2::yahoo: and :clap:
Keep that 3A going and keep that wonderful step sequence and spins in Roxanne. Please:pray:

and Grant Hochstein finally officially announced his retirement. :sad21: we will no longer see Grant, but so happy for all the programs he gave us, including the 2016 Worlds Les Miz, which I still watch over and over again. Thank you, Grant:hap10:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Yeah, this piece is so recycled with like 3-4 programs of this just last year. Not to mention Jeremy, Ashley, etc. It needs to retire already.

I wish Lori could have given him something different if they were going classical. There are MANY he could use that just doesnt scream "been there, done that" to give him more of his own style, because now he is battling the comparison game which he doesnt have the maturity yet to do.

It is better than Moulin Rogue (anything is better than Moulin to be fair) but he should have done this last year, and was hoping he does something more really different this year than warhorses.

I don't understand why more skaters don't try new music and seem to go with whatever warhorses or new favorites are in trend at the moment. There is so much music, beautiful piano music and score pieces that would make great programs. Yet we have to do exogenesis again.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Would have loved to have seen Alex Johnson at Philadelphia International again … but just read in Aug-Sep issue of Skating magazine:

What are you summer plans or vacation?

Currently working as a investment banking summer analyst, and also training.

Wow. Go, Alex. :yay:
Hope that your first Champs Camp is both productive and fun.

ETA (on Aug 23):
Now realizing that Alex's blog from Jan had said that he would be interning at Lazard Middle Market this summer. :cool:

Vincent says something like "I know we chose a big pair of boots to fill". I assume he's referring to Jeremy Abbott? (If so, good on him).

Belatedly will make note of Jeremy's mother's supportive :ghug: comment on Vincent's Instagram:

pcfclub
If someone can fill them it would be you.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jimmy Ma is a funny way to spell "Sean Rabbit" grumble grumble grumble

Agreed; I like Jimmy fine, but Sean is such a trooper, so dedicated, and such a performer.:clap:

can we send Jimmy and Sean (and Timmy D for that matter) to SA? Although if Tim is not traveling with the Cains, his chances are :slink:

composer

On the Ice
Not to mention that this season, Sean is already 25 points above Jimmy. 25...

Maybe the USFS is trying to encourage less warhorsey music and more programs with viral potential 😉 Not saying Sean's music is warhorsey just that Jimmy did make a splash last Nationals.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
According to Ashley Cain's IG story Jimmy Ma is headed to Champs Camp.

I don’t know much about Jimmy Ma, but I remember his charismatic programs at 2018 US Nationals. Big crowd pleaser. His bios are old, like really old. I suppose because Skate America will be his his first big international competition(actually first international comp since 2014 it seems). Has he been injured or focused on other things? His eleventh place at last nationals is a big leap from 20th in 2017. He must be thrilled.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Jimmy was great at Nationals. But if they were going to go off of the results of nationals... why the wait? Why bother with a TBD spot at all and wait this late to name someone if you are not going to take summer into consideration? Jimmy has not impressed this summer, Sean has. Either summer counts or it does not, just pick one USFS.

Had Jimmy been named to SA right off the bat I think most of us would be happy and agree with it. But if you wait, you should look at how people are doing over the summer.

lurkz2

On the Ice
Jimmy was great at Nationals. But if they were going to go off of the results of nationals... why the wait? Why bother with a TBD spot at all and wait this late to name someone if you are not going to take summer into consideration? Jimmy has not impressed this summer, Sean has. Either summer counts or it does not, just pick one USFS.

Had Jimmy been named to SA right off the bat I think most of us would be happy and agree with it. But if you wait, you should look at how people are doing over the summer.

Is Jimmy the only newbie at Champs Camp? Is it possible Sean was also invited or that the TBD spot has not been finalized?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Sigh. First of all, we don't know that Sean isn't invited yet. We only know that Jimmy is.

If they've chosen Jimmy over Sean, then I think it's because Jimmy is a member of the next generation. I don't think they knew that they were going to go with him. And I don't think it's because he's a crowd pleaser. Sean is a crowd pleaser too so that's not the reason.

I personally think Emmanuel should have been added to the ISP, considering he defeated a bunch of the guys on the top ten list this summer and has the third highest score.

But Jimmy had a solid performance in Philadelphia while Emmanuel didn't, and Jimmy defeated Dolensky head-to-head there. So Jimmy has a summer-results-related argument against everyone not on the JGP except Sean. With Sean, I think sadly, it would have to be an age-related and/or stage-of-his career argument.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Is Jimmy the only newbie at Champs Camp? Is it possible Sean was also invited or that the TBD spot has not been finalized?

Alex Krasnozhon is new this year... brain too fuzzy to think of any others but I do think there are others outside of men.

It is *possible* that they are both invited and it is not finalized... but i have seen no hints of that from Sean. Also Jimmy and Tim both now have Challenger assignments and nothing for Sean... jeez throw the guy a bone.

Jimmy is worth spending development on... I just think two challengers for him and SA for Sean would have been fair to both and still give Jimmy a chance to develop.