2018-19 U.S. Men’s figure skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Men’s figure skating

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Hi folks,

Just a reminder :pray:

As we kick off with the JGP, please refrain from using the "State of (national)" and Fan Fest threads to discuss competitions. As always, keep competition chat in the Competition forums.

Should we find that folks are discussing competition info in these threads, they will be closed until after the competition.

Thanks!

GS Forum Staff

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
ahh i see, sad since i want to see his program in competition! its so good tbh. Alexei def would get one since he's competing in GP. as for later challenger it will be given to senior eligible who do JGP right? Camden and Andrew T especially

We should be seeing Nathan’s entire FS for the first time at Japan Open in October! He has performed a shorter version of the program for shows so far.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Hi folks,

As we kick off with the JGP, please refrain from using the "State of (national)" and Fan Fest threads to discuss competitions. As always, keep competition chat in the Competition forums.

Should we find that folks are discussing competition info in these threads, they will be closed until after the competition.

Thanks!

GS Forum Staff

What exactly is meant by the prohibition against “discussing competitions” on a fan fest? Does that mean I can’t say that I’m so excited Jason will be at ACI on his Fan Fest, or that I can’t say I’m sad Jason bombed at 2018 US Nats and discuss why that might have been?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2018-19 State of U.S. Men’s Skating

What exactly is meant by the prohibition against “discussing competitions” on a fan fest? Does that mean I can’t say that I’m so excited Jason will be at ACI on his Fan Fest, or that I can’t say I’m sad Jason bombed at 2018 US Nats and discuss why that might have been?

The examples you gave do not apply :)

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker

I think it means just keep doing what we've been doing up to now. Like, general competition chatter while the event is in progress should stay in the competition threads where's it's always been, but discussing the general results/podium of a comp after it's ended outside of the competition threads should be fine.
For example (during comp) "Yikes, this is not going so well" stays in the competition forum.
(the day after) "Yikes, that event didn't go so well for X, now this means..." should be fine? Is that correct?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The examples you gave do not apply :)

Thanks for letting me know that, gsk8. But since these are new guidelines, I think that all of us would probably appreciate a a few examples of what is not allowed. Do you mean someone coming into a fan fest or this thread and arguing why someone should or should not have won? Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know that, gsk8. But since these are new guidelines, I think that all of us would probably appreciate a a few examples of what is not allowed. Do you mean someone coming into a fan fest or this thread and arguing why someone should or should not have won? Thanks.
I started this for that:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?75085-2018-19-Judging-Anomalies-Podiums

Both those were allowed on the edge last season. I think these things will be done after the competition anyway, and the discussion is always more informative/lively on the edge.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua Farris :hap85: is officially listed as a coach on Torgashev's ISU bio.

And Andrew is listed as one of his own choreographers. (For the first time, IIRC?) :cool:

Coach:
Christy Krall, Erik Schultz, Joshua Farris

*undignified screeching noise*

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi folks,

Thanks!

GS Forum Staff

Just to clarify, we are simply asking that posters don't use these threads as a replacement for competition threads.

You can discuss a skater's performance and the overall results of a skater. Comment's like this are ok: "So-and-so got the bronze -- yay!" or "Trusova makes history with the first quad combo in competition" in the Edge. If someone wants to put that so-and-so landed a triple Axel in the respective FF, that is no problem.

However, there are folks who will inevitably try to use the national threads as a replacement for the competition threads, and that is what we want to avoid.

The pleasure of the competition threads is the feeling of sitting around the sports bar with your buddies all watching the action together and discussing play-by-plays and elements in depth.. Many people are actually watching on various platforms and like to make comments such as, "Did you see that? She fell on her triple flip in the warm-up?" Or, "What kind of a silly costume is that?"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it means just keep doing what we've been doing up to now. Like, general competition chatter while the event is in progress should stay in the competition threads where's it's always been, but discussing the general results/podium of a comp after it's ended outside of the competition threads should be fine.

Yes! Exactly!

tosca

On the Ice
I know I am late to the game but I am so impressed with Andrew Torgashev's artistry. He has such fantastic skating skills and his step sequences in both his programs were fantastic! Too bad about the mistakes on the jumps because he could have been in the podium if he just didn't miss his combo in his SP and had one less fall in the FS. I really hope Christy Krall can help clean up those jumps!

FanFan3256

Rinkside
Vincent has great speed and skating skills, what are you talking about??? He needs to land the jumps and make better programs. My thought on programs, skate to music that you are into??? Would that work??

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know I am late to the game but I am so impressed with Andrew Torgashev's artistry. He has such fantastic skating skills and his step sequences in both his programs were fantastic! Too bad about the mistakes on the jumps because he could have been in the podium if he just didn't miss his combo in his SP and had one less fall in the FS. I really hope Christy Krall can help clean up those jumps!

Never too late to ride on the Andrew T. fan train: choo choo :hap10:

I love that LP so much and one of these days Andrew is going to skate it the way it was meant to be skated outside of for 100 people in Aston;) then again, I’m a sucker for a great step sequence.....

skatenewbie

Medalist
nice improvement from Ryan Dunk! Also i hope Torgashev can make it to JGPF (last year he made it with 2nd and 4th). He's the only one to get level 4 in steps!! I like his program

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Vincent has great speed and skating skills, what are you talking about??? He needs to land the jumps and make better programs. My thought on programs, skate to music that you are into??? Would that work??

Umm..are you talking about Vincent Zhou? What post are you even responding to?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*undignified screeching noise*

:rofl:

Andrew and Joshua could (should) be an amazing combination. Andrew has really good "bones" to his skating... a lot of flair.

Joshua is a great match.

The grammatically correct one :p

"Ladies' Skating" and "Men's Skating" are grammatically correct.

The plural of "lady" is "ladies," ending with an s. The plural of "man" is "men," which does not end in an s.

Mrs. P., a professional journalist, is right all the way around. :)

Last edited:
"Ladies' Skating" and "Men's Skating" are grammatically correct.

The plural of "lady" is "ladies," ending with an s. The plural of "man" is "men," which does not end in an s.

Mrs. P., a professional journalist, is right all the way around. :)
It was corrected after I pointed it out. It used to say "men skating". Just a typo I noticed. Doesn't matter.