2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I am so disappointed by her choice :( I was hoping she'd chose something more powerful than this, but good luck to her regardless!

Don't be, she showed some great flair at the rink today with it. With some mileage, this can work for her.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Don't be, she showed some great flair at the rink today with it. With some mileage, this can work for her.

It's more that I think the music doesn't highlight her strengths at all :\ I'm sure she will get better at performing it of course, it's obvious it's still a bit of a work in progress, but I wish they would finally give her a powerful music!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
She skated almost the entire program off time (behind) the music so I think we can give her another crack at it before knowing whether the music can highlight her strengths or not.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Gabby just did her FS at GTSA. I didn't recognize the music at all, though -- the first part was a French-language song, which transitioned to all instrumentals.

EDIT: Per Osmond4gold, it was Samson and Delilah by Camille Saint-Saëns.

I did recognize the music, and I wish that used the original version without vocals. I don't think Samson and Delilah is a great music for Gabrielle, but the original version, even though that part is quite lyrical, would probably be able to highlight Gabby's strengh more, since I think it is more powerful. Joanie Rochette used that part in her 2010 FS and she also wasn't a lyrical skater per see, but I think it really fit her well. Gabby should change the music if she wants it to fit her better.

danse

On the Ice
Still no word on music choices for Mariah, Chock and Bates, Karen, Jason, etc

Chock & Bates had their music playing on an Instagram story.... do you think I can remember it now!?! Ugh. I should have wrote it down.

ETA: I think it's Une Histoire D'Amour (Love Story).

chameleon

On the Ice
Chock & Bates had their music playing on an Instagram story.... do you think I can remember it now!?! Ugh. I should have wrote it down.

ETA: I think it's Une Histoire D'Amour (Love Story).

I believe that was Komatsubara/Koleto's music playing in the background.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Keegan MessingII
SP: "You've Got A Friend In Me" by Randy Newman (Michael Bublé version)

Fits him like a glove. Also, take a look at the transitions to that 3Lz.

I'm so happy when skaters skate to music that makes them happy, something that brings out joy and allows them to give that joy to others (or whatever the emotion, or whatever drama).

Some people want everyone to prove their diversity. But when I see authenticity like Keegan's, I find that to be of so much value in a skater.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I'm so happy when skaters skate to music that makes them happy, something that brings out joy and allows them to give that joy to others (or whatever the emotion, or whatever drama).

Some people want everyone to prove their diversity. But when I see authenticity like Keegan's, I find that to be of so much value in a skater.

Keegan skated to the Hulk and Monty Python. For Keegan, You've Got a Friend in Me is diversity. I'm not sure the sweater vest is necessary, but the program is charming.

franco1991

Rinkside

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
From the Gracie Gold thread - her SP will be I Put a Spell on You

I'm disappointed by this choice. For something as eagerly awaited as her comeback, I hoped she'd choose something that's not a warhorse, something fresh. :[ Oh well, maybe she just needs the comfort of a well-known piece to ease back into competitions...

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
She should be skating to something light and airy for the short and then something dark/sexy for the long. I'd love to see her skate to Great Expectations soundtrack from the late 90's.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Daniel Grassl ITA
SP: "Rain, In Your Black Eyes" by Ezio Bosso; choreo by Benoit Richaud
FS: Dance Pieces by Philipp Glass; choreo by Benoit Richaud

Just updated his ISU bio