2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Free Skate

LadyB

Record Breaker
I must admit Ladies is usually the least interesting comp for me, but hey, this last flight! Wow!! While happy that Alina found her inner Carmen, I’m totally thrilled by Mai’s and Loena’s performances. Lorna is really up and coming since last season, fantastic! Big shout-out to all the girls! :hap10:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yes.. I see that as a viable strategy and I'm sure Eteri knows way better than I do what will work for the Judges and Alina. As I said I just wish it was more special and different.

We will have to agree to disagree about POTO though.

I've found ancientpeas weakness. I will now mercilessly troll you at random times with POTO lyrics. :devil:

mikeko666

Final Flight
Alina was technically amazing. I just didn't see Carmen in her. I didn't see emotions or the drama in her performance.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I've found ancientpeas weakness. I will now mercilessly troll you at random times with POTO lyrics. :devil:

*glare* Do it and I'm email Shae Lynn Bourne until she gives Yuzuru Roxanne.

And it's not even the lyrics so much (although I think they are super corny) but it's Sarah Brightman's singing. I'd rather listen the "Cats taking a bath" soundtrack.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
158,50 WITHOUT backloading. Well done, Alina. Haters shut up forever.

I don't think backloading ever brings that much of a point bonus in the TES but the backloading and tanos and other such feats have seemed to have a psychological effect on the judges and to result in serious PCS boosts.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well skated Ladies event. It's super late over here... But I'm glad I was able to catch Alina, Mai and Loena. Amazing performances.

I will wait till next year to be a fan of Alina. --I know it will happen eventually. ;)

Loena and Mai have already got me hooked.

Alina will win you over. Sometimes it does not happen quickly and takes a little time, that is what happened with me. :)

Have a good sleep!

moriel

Record Breaker
Yes.. I see that as a viable strategy and I'm sure Eteri knows way better than I do what will work for the Judges and Alina. As I said I just wish it was more special and different.

We will have to agree to disagree about POTO though.

as for out of the box... I would actually say that Carmen is somewhat out of the box artistically for her.
For example, in DQ, she could be just herself, a lively young girl, and look like Kitri, nice and natural.
Her SP this year is a bit of the same, she can be herself, sweet young woman, and she will look natural in the role of Christine.
Carmen imho requires some development from her.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'll join you. Even better just do like one or two lines from multiple songs in one long stream!

I'm being ganged up on here.

I'd rather listen to jingle cats. There was one year where everyone and their mother ('15 I think) skated to POTO and I watched skating while listening to GRR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. Cause at least he beheads you before he tortures you..most of the time.

moriel

Record Breaker
I don't think backloading ever brings that much of a point bonus in the TES but the backloading and tanos and other such feats have seemed to have a psychological effect on the judges and to result in serious PCS boosts.

Nah, judges score for the crazy transitions, difficult entries and exits into everything and so on.
Bacloading and tanos have a psychological effect on fans (and non fans) who tend to believe that those are the only reason a skater wins.

moriel

Record Breaker
I'm being ganged up on here.

I'd rather listen to jingle cats. There was one year where everyone and their mother ('15 I think) skated to POTO and I watched skating while listening to GRR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. Cause at least he beheads you before he tortures you..most of the time.

You promised you would get Hanyu to skate to Roxanne if we did it.
Now there is no way out, we will sing you POTO untill Hanyu skates to MR.

UPD: ill leave you alone if he skates to Carmen too.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alina is certainly impressive in her technical ability. If she continues to skate like this, she will win everything this year. But she leaves me cold. None of her positions are held for more than a second. There is no emotion in her skating. I guess this is the new reality, however.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's just been awhile since we really saw a female Olympic Champion continue her career - not taking a year off, retiring or disappearing altogether. I'm amazed that she's still there and willing to improve and perhaps get that World Champion title this season. And she's grown so much in the last half year. It's great to see her happy again. Worlds was a heartbreak and not the way she wanted to be remembered I'm sure.

SXTN

Final Flight
Alina was technically amazing. I just didn't see Carmen in her. I didn't see emotions or the drama in her performance.

You don't see Carmen in her because the stream and camera angle was bad. Wait for the GPF events.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
as for out of the box... I would actually say that Carmen is somewhat out of the box artistically for her.
For example, in DQ, she could be just herself, a lively young girl, and look like Kitri, nice and natural.
Her SP this year is a bit of the same, she can be herself, sweet young woman, and she will look natural in the role of Christine.
Carmen imho requires some development from her.

Well.. I'm hardly saying "Stick a pin in me I'm hating Alina's programs this year.." I expect to grow to like them more. That normally happens to me. Very few programs actually get worse for me with age. The one thing we seem able to count on from Eteri's students is a commitment to performing and I admire that she is able to impart that to her students. These were always going to be hard sells for me. I've only really ever liked two Carmens and that was V/M's and S/K's last year. I actually think Carmen works better for a couple personally.

moriel

Record Breaker
It's just been awhile since we really saw a female Olympic Champion continue her career - not taking a year off, retiring or disappearing altogether. I'm amazed that she's still there and willing to improve and perhaps get that World Champion title this season. And she's grown so much in the last half year. It's great to see her happy again. Worlds was a heartbreak and not the way she wanted to be rememberd I'm sure.

Pretty sure not winning worlds was a good thing for her, because it is an extra motivation and a very big medal that she still has to win

moriel

Record Breaker
Well.. I'm hardly saying "Stick a pin in me I'm hating Alina's programs this year.." I expect to grow to like them more. That normally happens to me. Very few programs actually get worse for me with age. The one thing we seem able to count on from Eteri's students is a commitment to performing and I admire that she is able to impart that to her students. These were always going to be hard sells for me. I've only really ever liked two Carmens and that was V/M's and S/K's last year. I actually think Carmen works better for a couple personally.

Past all thought of right or wrong
One final question
When will Hanyu skate to MR?