2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Free Skate

gold12345

Medalist
Really impressive technical display from Zagitova, especially when you consider how off she looked during her LP test skate. I think she's more than capable of holding her positions longer, but the program would have to be choreographed in a way that allowed her to do so.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Alina is a skater that is growing on me. I wasn't really moved by her skating last year and while I still don't like her SP this year, I see improvement in her overall skating. Because she doesn't have to cram all the jumps in the second half I found her skating looked much less rushed to me which was the problem I had enjoying her skating before. I am looking forward to seeing her and if she can maintain the same consistency.

I am really happy for Loena, she deserves to be a podium contender.

Nimyue

On the Ice
Really impressive technical display from Zagitova, especially when you consider how off she looked during her LP test skate. I think she's more than capable of holding her positions longer, but the program would have to be choreographed in a way that allowed her to do so.

Yes frankly, her programs are too busy. They are trying to cram so much into one program. Of course doing that is more difficult and helps increase her scores so....

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
You people. I feel like you are trying to force feed POTO on me.

I expect that Alina will have a very good year. I'd say she is by far and way the favourite to be world champion in '19. And I'm glad she is skating on after winning. It's good for the sport. The Evgenia/Alina rivalry will be good for the sport. I really hope at least one Japanese lady, one American lady and one European lady get in the mix. Skating needs good competition and something to drawn in new viewers and a highly competitive field will do that.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Alina was absolutely wonderful. Very impressed with that performance.
She was Carmen. Fabulous skate!
her interpretation changes with the music. really Beautiful.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Past all thought of right or wrong
One final question
When will Hanyu skate to MR?

Olympics '22 when he wins his 3rd gold.

People will be so happy they won't care if he skated to the phone book. I'm starting my twitter campaign now. To go along with my lala Land/Moonlight campaign. I'm going to be busy offering choreographic advice.

Fluture

Record Breaker
You people. I feel like you are trying to force feed POTO on me.

I expect that Alina will have a very good year. I'd say she is by far and way the favourite to be world champion in '19. And I'm glad she is skating on after winning. It's good for the sport. The Evgenia/Alina rivalry will be good for the sport. I really hope at least one Japanese lady, one American lady and one European lady get in the mix. Skating needs good competition and something to drawn in new viewers and a highly competitive field will do that.

I think Bradie Tennell has a pretty good shot at being a podium contender this season. Also, I'd like to see Loena as the European lady apart from Carolina. Japanese ladies... There are a LOT who are really talented. My favourites are probably Satoko, Wakaba ( :luv17: ) and Kaori. Evgenia, Alina, Bradie, Loena, Carolina, all the incredible Japanese girls... we're really heading for an interesting season.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Very generous scores for Alina...we will see if she will get as much love when she goes up against Med and Kostner...

mikeko666

Final Flight
You don't see Carmen in her because the stream and camera angle was bad. Wait for the GPF events.

The program/choreography was only built to collect points and too busy to have a moment to express emotions. Her Carmen even didn't die.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Seems like people here are quite divided about Alina's program and performance!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think Bradie Tennell has a pretty good shot at being a podium contender this season. Also, I'd like to see Loena as the European lady apart from Carolina. Japanese ladies... There are a LOT who are really talented. My favourites are probably Satoko, Wakaba ( :luv17: ) and Kaori.

As much as I love Satoko (and I do- she is my favourite) if Rika can pull off two triple axles she will be right there technically with Alina.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Very generous scores for Alina...we will see if she will get as much love when she goes up against Med and Kostner...

Evgenia needs to add transitions to her programs to make them more complex to compete with Alina and I think she knows that very well. She's still ahead of Alina artistically but that won't be of much use if she has programs that are too empty for the judges. But I'm sure she and her team are very aware of that and there's still a lot of time until Alina and Evgenia will directly compete against each other. If both make the GPF (which I strongly assume), it will be this event, I think. So, Evgenia has lots of time to make her programs more difficult. Then, I think it will be very interesting to see Evgenia and Alina continue their rivalry because they're both incredible ladies with different strengths and abilites.

Carolina, of course, is miles above almost everyone artistically. It will be interesting to see in which states her jumps are. Because this could be a real problem for her, if she can't keep up technically at all, she likely also won't get the PCS.

Fluture

Record Breaker
As much as I love Satoko (and I do- she is my favourite) if Rika can pull off two triple axles she will be right there technically with Alina.

OMG. I forgot Rika! Shame on me! :slink: Forgive me, Rika. :bow: Well, if she can do those 3A, she'll be a podium contender for sure, if not a contender for many gold medals as well. :)

Chris_E

On the Ice
9 Mariah BELL (USA)

Music: The Piano; Experience by Ludovico Einaudi

Grey/black ombre sparkly dress (A. Wagner's 1st Exogenesis dress?)

Her dress definitely looked similar to Ashley's and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. Looked gorgeous on Mariah and I really enjoyed this program from her. A few too many crossovers than some other top contenders but it's a promising start for her. I don't think many of us knew what to expect from her this season and I'm glad to see artistic growth from her.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Missed Mai but Loena is such a wonderful, humble girl. And she speaks English very well. :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I was really surprised at Mai's great english as well. With the japanese skaters it isn't always that easy, but she did great. And it's not like the interviewer was a native speaker either.