2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 94 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

gkelly

Record Breaker
Did icenetwork ever show regionals live? I remember sometimes watching sectionals live, but I think we always had to wait a few days for on demand videos from regionals.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Kate Wang won Novice ladies regionals!! Congratulations. She was going for a 3lutz-3loop but popped the loop into a single :(. Probably popped her 3flip midair as well, as it was downgraded. She did however, land an impressive 3sal-1/2-3sal combo!

princessalica

Final Flight
I thought that I had watched regionals live. I know I watched sectionals. But thought I’d update- Alysa liu won her regional with just shy of 190 combined. There was an over 40 point gap between 1st and 2nd and 60 between 1st and 3rd. I doubt she skated clean because her score was 122, and I think she should have a much higher point feeling. Her long program score was higher than all but 2nd places combined score.

Looks like proctols are up...and Alysa tried a 4Lz! It was marked UR and a fall, but it's v interesting that she's trying it in competition.
Her low score was likely due to a popped 3Lz to a single (and no second 3A) in addition to the fall on the 4Lz.

princessalica

Final Flight
Looks like proctols are up...and Alysa tried a 4Lz! It was marked UR and a fall, but it's v interesting that she's trying it in competition.
Her low score was likely due to a popped 3Lz to a single (and no second 3A) in addition to the fall on the 4Lz.

I just saw that. Well it might not have paid off here, but she goes down in figure skating history as the first us lady to attempt a quad lutz in competition. She has every intention of going toe to toe with the Russian juniors. She had nothing to lose with that point gap. And she landed her triple axel in combination. So not a perfect outing, but she’s aiming high!

netterina

Rinkside
It's awesome that she's going for a 4lz, and in the bonus too! And a clean 3a-2t--still amazing. I wonder if she'll have that 4lz by nationals, she could make the podium very interesting.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just saw that. Well it might not have paid off here, but she goes down in figure skating history as the first us lady to attempt a quad lutz in competition. She has every intention of going toe to toe with the Russian juniors. She had nothing to lose with that point gap. And she landed her triple axel in combination. So not a perfect outing, but she’s aiming high!

Where are the results you are referring to? There is nothing on the USFS website that I can see?

frida80

Record Breaker
Looks like that first Popped lutz was supposed to be a 4Lz. When she missed it, she tried it again the second half. Man she's gutsy.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Looks like that first Popped lutz was supposed to be a 4Lz. When she missed it, she tried it again the second half. Man she's gutsy.

It's true, that's impressive. Just as I worry when the young Russians try these quad lutzes, I am worrying for Alysa. Ofc, hers, I haven't seen. I am curious to see what kind of technique it is done with.

Anyways, Congrats on being the first US lady to attempt 4lutz (and HEY it was only < not <<!!!!!!)and a win at regionals!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well the Russian jumping theme has hit the good ole US of A. Amazing attemmpts; One wonders about puberty. If jumping keeps heading tis direction I wonder if it will scare off Mirai and Ashley. Their experience and pcs will only go so far.

princessalica

Final Flight
Well the Russian jumping theme has hit the good ole US of A. Amazing attemmpts; One wonders about puberty. If jumping keeps heading tis direction I wonder if it will scare off Mirai and Ashley. Their experience and pcs will only go so far.

Fair question. Gracie at one point was working on a triple axel or at least talking about it and she’s mentioned quads before. I wonder if she’s already considering. I know we’re yet to see her skate, but I can imagine she might try for it.

frida80

Record Breaker
Fair question. Gracie at one point was working on a triple axel or at least talking about it and she’s mentioned quads before. I wonder if she’s already considering. I know we’re yet to see her skate, but I can imagine she might try for it.

That was shortly after Liza T landed her at worlds. It was on the harness and nothing has been said of it since.