GS attendees thread | Page 5 | Golden Skate

GS attendees thread

AidenAiena

Rinkside
I haven't been excited yet but it just hit me. I just picked my room on the Hampton app for tomorrow and will check into my flight in an hour when it's 24 hours before. Sitting at my desk not getting much work done just thinking about the trip. I live in NYC and have never been to the west coast so it will be an excited adventure for me! Can't wait to meet everyone :hap93:

nguyhm

On the Ice
Chianti Italian, Irishman brewpub, Vintage cafe, Lucas Multi-cultural rest., Abbotts (upscale) The New Mexican, Tokyo Teriyaki.
Who is hungary?

Thai food anyone? Gusto Thai across the street. Hopefully I might be easy to recognize, my name is Mai asian female (vietnamese) wearing a burgundy coat (but if there are lots of japanese fans then it's a different story :biggrin:) @CoyoteChris we met in Boston.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thai food anyone? Gusto Thai across the street. Hopefully I might be easy to recognize, my name is Mai asian female (vietnamese) wearing a burgundy coat (but if there are lots of japanese fans then it's a different story :biggrin:) @CoyoteChris we met in Boston.

I bet we did! If I had time I would go back and look at Boston 14 and Boston 16 GS events pics and find you. I have no memory anymore. I have three pages of pics and names of people (non-GSers) that I have meet over the last 10 years so I can identify my friends who I can tell you everything about except their names....Olde timers desease isnt pretty. Now why did I just go down to the basement?

Off in an hour! See you on the other side of the mountains.....safe journies.

nguyhm

On the Ice
A bit off topic (sorry) my local news disclosed that Tarasova/Morozov have been training at an ice rink close to my work (Euless, TX) to get prepared for Skate America. Cain/Le Duc are also training along with them. There was a short segment/interview with Ashley and Tim and they showed Mozer and Trankov coaching T/M. (Should I go stalk them lol). It's getting real :yahoo: I can't wait for this week end. Hope my flight won't be cancelled with all the rain that we've been getting. Who would have thought that I will be leaving rainy Dallas TX to sunny (at least partially cloudy) Seattle WA (shouldn't it be the other way around)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A bit off topic (sorry) my local news disclosed that Tarasova/Morozov have been training at an ice rink close to my work (Euless, TX) to get prepared for Skate America. Cain/Le Duc are also training along with them. There was a short segment/interview with Ashley and Tim and they showed Mozer and Trankov coaching T/M. (Should I go stalk them lol). It's getting real :yahoo: I can't wait for this week end. Hope my flight won't be cancelled with all the rain that we've been getting. Who would have thought that I will be leaving rainy Dallas TX to sunny (at least partially cloudy) Seattle WA (shouldn't it be the other way around)

Just got the practice groups and music rotations.
http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/gpusa2018_PracticeGroupsAndMusicRotation.pdf

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Have a wonderful time everyone! I'm really sad I couldn't make it and see many of you again -- but turns out this weekend is pretty busy for me. I'll watch for you all in the crowd on video. :biggrin:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I will likely be rocking mostly black in section 120- I’ll try to think of something more visible to wear.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Last minute, but I will be going! I live across the Sound in Kitsap County so I'll probably be taking the ferry to Edmonds and driving up, except for Friday since I work in Seattle and will come up from there. So I don't think I'll have the time to make any GS outings but I hope to say hi to some of you in the arena!

Section 106, row 8. I will probably be wearing a grey jacket or sweatshirt.

I wasn't sure I'd be going, but now that it's official I can't wait!

SkateSand

Rinkside
I'm here! Beautiful weather and the fall colors are so pretty. Took a walk to the venue from my hotel to refresh my recollection of the lay of the land. Lots of food choices close to the arena.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
USFS posted a Tweet of the inside of the arena and it looks like the seats are not padded! Make sure to bring pads!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I haven't been excited yet but it just hit me. I just picked my room on the Hampton app for tomorrow and will check into my flight in an hour when it's 24 hours before. Sitting at my desk not getting much work done just thinking about the trip. I live in NYC and have never been to the west coast so it will be an excited adventure for me! Can't wait to meet everyone :hap93:

I got you the best weather they have seen in 40 years in Oct.

- - - Updated - - -

USFS posted a Tweet of the inside of the arena and it looks like the seats are not padded! Make sure to bring pads!

I brought 3!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm here! Beautiful weather and the fall colors are so pretty. Took a walk to the venue from my hotel to refresh my recollection of the lay of the land. Lots of food choices close to the arena.
Boots on the ground. Nice coming over the mountains. The weather person said they haven't seen an Oct like this in 40 years. Walkabout safety is fine. Ate Chineese next to the best western. Too much food but it tasted good. Tomarrow...Practice and sniffing noses with old friends...will look for plaid.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Last minute, but I will be going! I live across the Sound in Kitsap County so I'll probably be taking the ferry to Edmonds and driving up, except for Friday since I work in Seattle and will come up from there. So I don't think I'll have the time to make any GS outings but I hope to say hi to some of you in the arena!

Section 106, row 8. I will probably be wearing a grey jacket or sweatshirt.

I wasn't sure I'd be going, but now that it's official I can't wait!

Will pencil you into my roster. Grey hyena, no sex, or age, but will be a human being in row 8, sec106.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Have a wonderful time everyone! I'm really sad I couldn't make it and see many of you again -- but turns out this weekend is pretty busy for me. I'll watch for you all in the crowd on video. :biggrin:

We are sad to not have you here with us. I cant believe you are not coming to the social event of the Fall...tear falls...I am going to watch your FB page and there better be 4 weddings and a funeral! ;)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Regettably, another forum member with a first name much like yours and who loves Asian food wont make it to join you. Lets hope there are others who like spicy food here that will!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
We are sad to not have you here with us. I cant believe you are not coming to the social event of the Fall...tear falls...I am going to watch your FB page and there better be 4 weddings and a funeral! ;)

Well more like 5k/brunch with out-of-town friend/cider making party/ kids Halloween party all on Saturday

Also practicing my French for SC. ;)

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well more like 5k/brunch with out-of-town friend/cider making party/ kids Halloween party all on Saturday

Also practicing my French for SC. ;)

I make homemade applesauce alot (it's so much better than the store stuff). Never thought about making cider. Hmmm... Must take a lot of apples though. You can make a good size batch of applesauce for one person with like 5 apples. That might make three gulps of cider!

figurefan0726

Final Flight
So, Angel of the Winds Arena has 3 entrances. One on the side, one on the back, and one in the intersection (main entrance). I have a feeling that all entrances will be open, and that depending on where your seat is located, you should enter through the most convenient entrance.