2018 Skate America Pairs Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Pairs Short Program

rachno2

Record Breaker
Mad props to Evgenia for landing these jumps. Especially given her air position on that SBS

LadyB

Record Breaker
Давай!!!! Still think this is not their type of music, but hey, if it works, I ain’t complaining :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hate the music, like her dress. Why is his outfit so boring?

And no way should there be a positive GOE on that throw.

Other than that it was decent. Definitely the class of the field.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Little scratchy here and there, but overall, that was on a completely different level.

They should probably lead by 10 or so, to be honest.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Trankov in plaid is bizarre. I guess he wanted to go all out with the American north west aesthetic

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV

Clean and beautiful 3Twist to start. Hand-down from Tarasova on the 3Ts, strange that they didn't have the same timing on the jumps. Foot down on the throw 3Lo, though good height. Nice position and speed through the death spiral. Spread eagle entry into the lift, nice one-handed position, a little rough on the exit. A bit off in the start of the spin but good sync for the most part. A little awkward through the step sequence, some good edges but a bit scratchy here and there.

I think that the music overpowers them. They are doing the choreography but it's not believable yet - still a bit serious and reserved for a song that should ooze charisma and personality. Still, their skating skills and their flow is superb and they are clearly a full step above the rest of the field.

Short Program: 71.24 Total, 36.67 TES, 34.57 PCS

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it just me - don't like how fast the music is. It feels like they're chasing it rather than skating to it. Beautiful 3Tw.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
It's not Candyman,but it's still not a good program. Why when you have a classically trained couple aren't you playing to their strengths... that felt like a 4 minute short!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Давай!!!! Still think this is not their type of music, but hey, if it works, I ain’t complaining :)

Except it doesn't work. He has ZERO expression as always and total white boy hips. SHE at least brings some personality to it. But to me as a program it's a total mismatch.

It is just so disappointing because there is so much to love about this team, but why oh why do their coaches keep trying to make them into some kind of funky fun babies when it's obvious they have absolutely no feel for that style?

:hslap:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I think this is the first time in this season I saw Morozov not frowning during a performance!

Still, not sold on this program, and could've been cleaner on the jumps. But that twist is damn great.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That throw should not have gotten positive GOE, but they're obviously going to go into the lead here (and deserve to).