2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I will forever remember this as the Minnie Mouse on Helium programme.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yamashita really hitting us with the technical merit. Very good GOE through the majority of the elements, especially the opening 3Lz+3T in the +3/+4 range for me and a strong 2A as well as a 3F (I think it might get a ! call but let's see). I like her edging through the program, her ability to gather speed is effortless. I'm not really a fan of the musical choice, but I think she does the best she can with it. Maybe having a few more moves to accentuate the lyrics would help, but she was light and dainty through the program.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think we all miss Ted. Even the sound of his voice. I watched the practices just to hear him again. Why can't he just have a radio show so we can hear him all the time?

Why did Skate Canada send Ted to Laval if he doesn't get to commentate? :disapp: I'll never get it...

leoleo

Medalist
well at least a mouse was employed to sing this so good job mako for landing your jumps and creating opportunities in the animal kingdom :laugh2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I miss Ted, seriously.

No commentary at all is a little weird, but you don't want to have to listen to TAT or even SBS man - athough SBS doesn't seem to be streaming this GP, which is rude because there's Aussies in it.

SBS has pairs and men live.

frida80

Record Breaker
Great skate by Mako but WTH that yellow mesh + orange tights combo??? She needs to hit up Starr's dressmaker :palmf: utterly fabulous otherwise though!

I wonder if they just decide "close enough" when making the mesh? This makes her look like she has jaundice. Nono.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why did Skate Canada send Ted to Laval if he doesn't get to commentate? :disapp: I'll never get it...

I think it's for his actual job or something? Like he's director of something, he mentioned it at the last JGP.

Still they should take advantage of having him there!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I didn’t think anyone would top Nicole Schott as the embodiment of Human Ambien, but there’s always Mariah.

I’ve probably seen her skate a good dozen times and then forgotten the performance immediately afterward every time.