2018 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Welp, time for more scoring drama :confused2: I enjoyed it all, and now it's time to skedaddle until ladies' free :scard8:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Questionable scoring aside, congrats to Cha especially for being the first men's skater from Korea to medal at the senior GP, and only second skater after Yuna!

moriel

Record Breaker
ok i just need to vent
KEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
<3<3<3

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That's some serious Canadaflation for Keegan. But wait, I thought the Russians were the only ones who home-cooked?

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
...I'm too sober for this.

*yomank*

I think it’s less that certain skaters were overscored so much as that the majority were underscored in PCS. The judges really need to reward individual components — a 9 in PE and a 7.75 in SS or vice-versa is not an unreasonable split and would more accurately reflect what happens in some instances (not saying here, I just pulled the numbers and component values out of a hat).

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I’m so happy for Baby Jun’s first GP medal! :hap10: The fall was really unfortunate but it’s still a great job and a big step further.

Roo87

Medalist
Yes! Keegan's GPF chances in Vancouver are very good with this placement and nice score.

He might be the only Canadian competitor there. Hopefully a pairs team too and we need a miracle for a dance team.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I’m so happy for Baby Jun’s first GP medal! :hap10: The fall was really unfortunate but it’s still a great job and a big step further.

I'm just loving the fact that he's doing great this year (two medals so far, and it's just begun!) with a program that pretty much everyone hated on first hearing, and he alone clearly really really loves....

sowcow

On the Ice
That's some serious Canadaflation for Keegan. But wait, I thought the Russians were the only ones who home-cooked?

Really Karne ... must you start!?!

It's clear there was no major or obvious judging issue at the Skate Canada event thus far...

Specifically, in terms of the men, almost everyone (as per all the previous comments) is in agreement that the 'best 3 men' made the podium. :medal"

Simply because you (and a few others) may have wished for a swap among the top 3 (I'm assuming Messing & Cha, given your specifc mention of 'Canadaflation') that does not automatically equate to 'poor judging'! [I'd argue it equates more to simply 'sour grapes' on your part for 'stirring the pot' unnecessarily!]

I.M.O. of course.

G'day
SowCow

champagnerain

Final Flight
I love watching all of Shoma's medal ceremonies, because he always looks like he has no idea why he's there or what's going on.

(Also, someone get that boy some chapstick! His lips look awful in closeup! :shocked:)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not uncommon for me to have some minor gripes about the scoring, but in the end, I don't have any real complaints about either the placements in the FS or the competition as a whole.