2018 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Really glad Jason rebounded and climbed up to #6. Considering the depth of the men's field here, top six is nothing to be ashamed of. If he skates clean back to back, he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Keegan on his silver. I was also glad to see the way both Jason and Kevin were able to move up in the standings.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
7 tenths of a point covering Tomono, Majorov and Brendan. Wow.

firal

Record Breaker
Would have like to see the silver and bronze reversed, but this podium is great nonetheless.

Gotta leave the house like a responsible adult now, see ya later in dance and ladies!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Really glad Jason rebounded and climbed up to #6. Considering the depth of the men's field here, top six is nothing to be ashamed of. If he skates clean back to back, he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Agree 100%. Considering his technical ability right now I think he should be happy with it. Hopefully it helps him regain some of the confidence he lost last year.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Once again, I think the order is more or less right, but not because the judges scored everything correctly. Would have narrowed the gap between Cha and Keegan somewhat, but he did have that lead from the short (which is where I thought the judges really underscored everyone). Lots of solid shorts, relatively good frees, but I’m guessing it’s the ladies who will have the clean(er) free later on — we we went clean for the men in the short and the women were messier, so if the inverse correlation holds....

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Would have like to see the silver and bronze reversed, but this podium is great nonetheless.

me too, but I unblushingly admit it is simply and unobjectively because I am starting to adore Junhwan. But his first GP medal!!!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Chaplin seems to be Keegan's style but I'd've expected to have Shoma more than a point ahead in PCS since both fell.

rain

Record Breaker
Great for Keegan Messing, I was worried he'd implode, given that I'm sure he never expected to win this thing over Shoma. What really helps him is the jumps, of course, but he also has good spins and great speed. That's where someone like Nam loses so many points, though he has noticeably improved his speed over the ice.

I love Shoma Uno's program. Even with mistakes it's beautiful to watch.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
J1 still having issues with the new PCS caps for programmes with a fall or serious error. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cake

On the Ice
Congrats all medallists! Happy for Messing. Must have been incredibly hard to perform after Unos monster score.
I´m totally on the Cha-bandwagon :party: To my surprise Eurosport Germany commentators also loved the Juuuuuuliet-program :eek: