2018 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I love Liza on twitter. She's a beast.

I see someone else wondered about the Mako- Mako Shark thing.. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
TSN did great but they did not show any medal presentations. Even more they ignored it. BOOO!

lesnar001

Record Breaker
C'mon judges - couldn't you have squeezed out an extra 0.27 points somewhere???? :drama:

Wow - that was close. What a great debut.

She definitely had the free skate of the night. So composed and only 15.

Does she have the same coach as Shoma Uno?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it fair to say that I like Liza's personality and jumps more than I like her actual skating?

My sentiments exactly. She's trying to improve her expression. But for me, she comes short. I'm not sure, but I feel like her added-in motions to the music are always a little off. Or maybe it's not that. Maybe it's that she's acting like someone who feels and expresses the program and the music. So she's usually at a remove from it. But I do see her effort.

I just can't get over Mako. What a talent!:love: Break-out star, indeed.

leoleo

Medalist
WOW GOOD JOB MAKO! i predicted Tuktik would win and that's like the only thing i got right lmao so disappointed for Wakaba but she did what she could considering she is injured. I hope she will not push herself and withdraw if it gets too serious. No need to make it more serious! nice podium, good job to the 3 girls + Mariah who gave a beautiful performance too (if not for that 2nd lutz damn)

Latremu

Final Flight
Wow! Sublime Mako! Congratulations to Tuk, Mako, and Evgenia who fought back in the free!

bibi24

Final Flight
15 years young, what a skate!! also nicer skate Mariah Bell very enjoy her performance!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thoughts:
There is NO funeral dirge to sing for Evgenia. She's tough and she's dedicated. It's going to be a rough road ahead but I'm willing to cheer her on for this journey.
Mako is yet another skater I will have to break my heart over come Nationals. But a joy to watch...an absolute joy.
Elizaveta...shows the world that you can keep skating if you love it and WIN. #Empress!

Wakaba, I would almost prefer she withdraw from her next event so she can truly recover and make her best showing at Nationals? Skating while injured is so dangerous for long-term careers.

Mariah Bell is much improved this year. In all aspects.

I've got a terrible cold and could barely keep my eyes open to watch today, but it was worth it. :bow:

Elaine

On the Ice
Protocols are up!

What happend to Evgenia's spins?

As for the edge calls... I only checked the first lutz on slowmo and it looked like a clear wrong edge, but I guess the second one was worse?