2018 NHK Ladies Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Ladies Short Program

Danny T

Medalist
Some will complain that Liza was underscored...

Some will complain about how Mai is ahead of Eunsoo...

and there you go...

Mai is clearly ahead of Eunsoo in terms of PCS if you ask me. Even with the <, her edges and flow, plus transitions and performance (well, she tried her best with DWilson's crap) are superior to Eunsoo. And Liza getting 8s in PCS is definitely a gift LOL. I love her to bits but her programme is barely a "skating programme". If someone honestly think the PCS gap between Liza and Satoko is 3 points, well, my ignore list always has space. Rika's 3A was a bit of a benefit of a doubt, could have been << but < was called at least (her PCS is fine, the programme's good).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I’m going to defend that Magic program for Mai... there is more growth to be had, but I see a subtle amazingness with it.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
B.ESP commentator are so right about the PCS actually for Eunsoo. “Judges need glasses.” I’m sure she reminded Yuna all of us and the components should be much higher.

She deserves higher PCS not because she reminded Yuna, but because she skated well and was herself.
I hope that someday people will stop to compare every single Korean with Yuna.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Getting back to Maria, because I didn't get a chance to comment due to replying to other comments.

That was an awful version of "Fever"! But, I liked the up-tempo piece that followed it. And she really seemed to be getting into it more than she did for "Fever".

So, my advice would be to ditch "Fever" altogether, and use the other piece for the whole programme.

Very disappointed with the scores. She should have been ahead of the tight group she is now in.

But, hopefully she can make up some positions in the FS and earn me some valuable points for the Predictions Game...

CaroLiza_fan

LaArdilla

Medalist
That was such an awesome compedition! And so great to watch it at breakfast time, hahaha. Gosh, Liza will really need that 3A in the free...

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Another thing which is weird for me is Satoko’s StSq was given lvl3 in Japan?! Did I miss some errors in there?? Normally it should have been a lvl4 with no hesitation.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This was some AMAZING skating. -My 3 MOST favorite are in medal positions...but everyone had a really good program. --By that I mean a program that had points of interest, and that suited the skater.

LIZAAAA
SATOKOOO
MAIIII

I was yelling at the TV a lot today. :hap10:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Mariah Bell was lovely, I love her expressiveness and I love the music.

Eunsoo did so well!!!! What a great debut! Beautiful program, gorgeous dress, she was just so pretty! And the jumps looked great too! Amazing! I put her in 4th in my predictions, her FS is the real problem for her, I hope she can skate it clean finally and keep her scores up!

Elizaveta did not disappoint! She just rules! So amazing how she came back and is so ready to take over! The program, artistically, does not do anything but the jumps are beautiful!

Sotskova is a bit more interesting this season, artistically, but technically things are not perfect. Still, I like that she is trying something different, kudos to her for evolving.

Mai is still not exciting but as always, beautiful skating, truly, second best SS of this event.

The first of course is Satoko! Just a whole other level of skating! Wow!!!! I have no words! She’s another one who does not disappoint (except when she changes her beautiful Free Skate dress but I’ll let that disappointment for later). lol

All in all the second group delivered wonderfully! Free Skate will be a nail biter! I expect Satoko and Liza to either keep their places or switch. I also expect my fave Rika to rise to third place, she can do it! It’s either that or succumb to the pressure and drown in the ranks. Why skating gods, why?????

[emoji23]

Leonardo

Final Flight
Regarding the top 6:

-Satoko's stsq has been called a level 3

-Rika's 3A was called UR

-Mai's 3t was called UR

-Eunsoo's lutz had a ! call

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Wonder which mark judges checked for Satoko's GOEd jumps: tano/rippon (obvious no), height? transitions?difficult entry?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Miyahara got a Level 3 on the step sequence... Oh, judges... :roll5:

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I’m going to defend that Magic program for Mai... there is more growth to be had, but I see a subtle amazingness with it.

Absolutely! Mai has a tendency to look down towards the ice, but she actually has very good musicality. The stsq plays to every note of the music.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
She deserves higher PCS not because she reminded Yuna, but because she skated well and was herself.
I hope that someday people will stop to compare every single Korean with Yuna.

No, I’m not saying she’s like Yuna but in her arm movements even in her hair movements, softness, perfect technique, speed across the ice have good pieces from Yuna’s who was a legend and it’s a good because Yuna is her idol. They’re from same country and we all can see that she helped her before.