2018 Internationaux de France Men's Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Men's Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I know Samarin gets a lot of criticism, but I have a soft spot for him. He has an energy and power that doesn't come across on the screen.

He certainly has the heart for better performances. He's got gusto. But the programs are DREADFUL and he needs someone to tape his arms to his side until he learns to use OTHER PARTS OF HIS BODY to convey the choreographic and emotional intent of a program. It's all showboating and it's boring. And it doesn't need to be.

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
Grand Prix Final Men 2018

1. Yuzuru Hanyu
  2. Shoma Uno
  3. Nathan Chen
  4. Michal Brezina
  5. Sergei Voronov
  6. Junhwan Cha
    ---------------------
  7. Keegan Messing
  8. Alexander Samarin
  9. Matteo Rizzo

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Is there a new requirement in the 2018 isu rules that men's music has to be as vaguely modern and boring as possible?

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yay Nathan won and Junbaby's in the GPF!! Thanks for making my time at the GPF even better in two weeks, Jason :clap:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Hanyu withdraws Samarin will probably be in anyway?

It’s fun to watch people get all worked up over Lord Samarin. It’s filling up the void that Kovtun once fulfilled.

PS: I still think Kovtun curses some of these events!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Final take:

Heartbroken about Jin but hopefully he can come back at 4CC strong.

So happy about Aliev coming back strong. Hopefully he and his Russian teammate can analyse what he did right.

Nathan well done, a deserving win and hopefully he can keep growing and peak at worlds. Every Skate is an improvement.

Jason so deserved this and should be a lesson to other skaters to up their quality. He was a class above in the Short and grew into it in the Free.

Aymoz was amazing I adored him and I hope he keep growing as well. Best skate in the Free by a mile.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Grand Prix Final Men 2018

1. Yuzuru Hanyu
  2. Shoma Uno
  3. Nathan Chen
  4. Michal Brezina
  5. Sergei Voronov
  6. Junhwan Cha
    ---------------------
  7. Keegan Messing
  8. Alexander Samarin
  9. Matteo Rizzo

It's gonna be Uncles vs Youngsters at the GPF!

alexaa

Final Flight
Nathan can happily go back to school tomorrow and focus on preparing finals :yahoo:

Congrats to Jason :clap:

And Dima should be proud of himself.:hap10:

Weetos

Final Flight
BB Junliet going to the GPF! Silver for Jason! Ok I was secretly hoping he would win but, good result all round! And hopefully Jason's confidence will get a nice boost :cheer:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I need to go and take my meds and a shower, oh god Jason bless you for getting that silver you 100% deserved it and by god with that you just let Junhwan make history oh god my hands won't stop shaking

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It’s fun to watch people get all worked up over Lord Samarin. It’s filling up the void that Kovtun once fulfilled.

PS: I still think Kovtun curses some of these events!

He has a long way to go (downward) to get to Kovtun's level.

And we should be thankful for that.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I like Junliet too but i wouldn't be mad if Samarin had got the silver and his ticket for GPF. I don't see how this would have been unfair. His skating has some qualities. Just not the qualities that most of people love. I hope he is first alternate at least. If Yuzu withdraws he can be in.

skateflake

On the Ice
I 'll TAKE it!!!! SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
StitchMonkey, I think you are right on the whisper!
karne, still an enjoyable pbp as always!
Thanks to Russia even, for the livestream.
AND, there is plenty of room for improvement!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I like Junliet too but i wouldn't be mad if Samarin had got the silver and his ticket for GPF. I don't see how this would have been an unfair. His skating has some qualities. Just not the qualities that most of people love. I hope he is first alternate at least. If Yuzu withdraws he can be in.

Above someone said Messing is first alternate.

But I agree it’s okay not to like him guys but there is a line when it becomes mean. He skated well he can improve and I wouldn’t be at all sad if he had qualified.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All right, shoving aside my sads and annoyance at the PCS to be super happy for super happy Jason getting silver!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
All right, shoving aside my sads and annoyance at the PCS to be super happy for super happy Jason getting silver!

I’m so happy about that! Jason is what skating should be! I’m glad he gets rewarded for that. I hope above hope he does well at nationals!!