2018 Internationaux de France Men's Free Skate

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
first and most important thing: junliet is in the final!!!!:hap10::hap10:

and now some silly thoughts:

Dmitri ALIEV: at least he stayed on his feet and very good improvisation with 3Lz-2A

Romain PONSART: should he be don josè? Clearly he isn’t the toreador or is he male Carmen (Carmelo :biggrin:)? The choreo is just random, he could have skated this to any music

Deniss VASILJEVS: all hail the new king of pop! And it’s a shame, his program is very interesting I like the choreo and love the stsq, also best costume of the event (anyway his costume is almost historically accurate)

Kevin AYMOZ: I love him no matter what XD he is something else and his choreography is beautiful :luv17:

Jason BROWN: finally a well deserved medal!:cheer:

VegMom

On the Ice
Can any one tell me what the "In This Shirt" Music means? It is very emotional contrast with the dreary vocal and hopeful instrumental, very easy to create emotion with but. . .what is the emotion? I love Aymoz, Hawayek and Baker, and even Romain. . . but what is it?

I am fairly certain that it's about a breakup. It's about when your ex-lover leaves an item of clothing (like a shirt) and you wear it while thinking about how much you miss them.

Here are the lyrics:
I am lost
In our rainbow
Now our rainbow
Is gone
Overcast
By your shadow
As our worlds move on

In this shirt
I can be you
To be near you
For a while
In this shirt
I can be you
To be near you
For a while

There's a crane
Knocking down
All those things
That we were

Lie awake
In the night
To hear the engines purr

There's a pain
It does ripple
Through my frame
Makes me lame

There's a thorn
In my side
It's the shame
It's the pride

Of you and me
Ever changing
Moving on now
Moving fast

And his touch
Must be wanted
Must become
Through your ask

But I need
Jake to tell you
That I love you
It never rests

And I've bled
Everyday now
For a year
For a year

I did send y
You a note
On the wind
For 'to read

Our names
There together
Must've fallen
Like a seed

To the depths
Of the soil
Buried deep
In the ground
On the wind
I could hear you
Call my name
Held the sounds

I am lost
I am lost
In our rainbow
Now our rainbow
Has gone
I am lost
In our rainbow
Now our rainbow
has gone

I am lost, I am lost
I am lost, I am lost
I am lost

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh wow Jason is as tall as Nathan even though he’s on a lower podium!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm gonna need Nathan to use that ridiculous blue ... plate thing as a laptop holder in his next IG Story. The French Fed can afford those fireworks (and a bizarrely artful camera crew) but not some decent medals or something?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm gonna need Nathan to use that ridiculous blue ... plate thing as a laptop holder in his next IG Story. The French Fed can afford those fireworks (and a bizarrely artful camera crew) but not some decent medals or something?

I find it an insult to the skaters that they're rewarded with those things and not medals.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

Yeah cameramen in France are awesome.

discode

Final Flight
The bigger the plate the higher the placement is just... :laugh: And they also gave them way too much to hold with the giant plates, flowers and watches and forced them on top of that rickety disco podium. :dbana:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Found it interesting that the top 6 finished in 'pairs', Americans in 1st and 2nd, Russians in 3rd and 4th, and French in 5th and 6th.

Really very happy to see Jason have the finish that he did. After all the drama with poor performances and a coaching change, to come back to with a silver medal win is great!

Enjoyed Nathan's performance too, but fave of the night went to Kevin Aymoz!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
The bigger the plate the higher the placement is just... :laugh: And they also gave them way too much to hold with the giant plates, flowers and watches and forced them on top of that rickety disco podium. :dbana:

Yep, reminded me of Rika at NHK and the 935793458535427592578 things she had to hold on the podium while the ceremony was going on... and of course, how the hell do you get down!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Feeling so sad for Jin, what is the matter with him (or was it just the jet-lag)? Sad for Aliev, too! What a pity that he did not manage to skate his sp better, he could have gotten a silver medal with two cleanish skates...

Very happy for Chen, of course his win no surprise at all!!! He is the only skater from this men´s event to go to GPF.

The highlight of men´s event for me is that Cha will be in GPF, WOW!!!!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I forgot to give credit that I do think Nathan is trying to give a performance in both the short and long - I am not sure he has the same musicality and nuances of Chan or the fire and passion of Hanyu or the charisma of Fernandez but he is trying.

beachmouse

On the Ice

I'm okay with the cheese plate of victory for Nathan, but then during my own sporting years, I got to the point when I'd get excited to win a beer mug because it was actually useful and not just something to get shoved into a closet or drawer

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm okay with the cheese plate of victory for Nathan, but then during my own sporting years, I got to the point when I'd get excited to win a beer mug because it was actually useful and not just something to get shoved into a closet or drawer

In a documentary about Alina they showed her room at home and the pink star of IdF 2017 sat beautifully on a shelf. I think the complains about 'not getting medals' is getting tiresome. It is something different and especially for those who get medals all the time it is not bad. You will at least remember the competition, while you don't necessarily do that with medals, that all look the same.