2018 Internationaux de France Men's Free Skate | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Men's Free Skate

16Olympics

On the Ice
Thanks to the poster who put up the link to the livestream. I found it just after Boyang skated.

Nathan really came through with the content. His jumps looked strong and he had a teeny bit more transitions before jumps. Hope that continues to grow.

I am so impressed with Jason's calm and resolve. Loved watching him just shine on ice.

Dima really showed a lot today. What pressure he's under but his program is beautiful and so is his skating. Hoping to see this motivate him to be positive.

Romain is a stud. Can I say that here? Beautiful.

Thanks again for the live feed. I was happy to see it in real time.

skateflake

On the Ice
To DSQ, agree about it is that Jason did well to help out his teammate! But that is his history! Even better if he also helped fellow American / Canadian make it, too!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Jason's skating in general is very 'therapeutic', he has a way to make such harmony by simply moving. I think the program poses more of a challenge than just getting jumps together - the music is not so easy to skate to, but I actually like the contrast between two parts and how he tries to make the best out of them. His spins, step sequence and overall attention to the detail are just exquisite to see. Deserved silver for me and hope a good motivational boost to carry him on.

frida80

Record Breaker
Now that Sergei has made it to the GPF for the second time, maybe they send him to Euros this year?:pray:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Above someone said Messing is first alternate.

But I agree it’s okay not to like him guys but there is a line when it becomes mean. He skated well he can improve and I wouldn’t be at all sad if he had qualified.

It remembers me how people slashed Boyang when he won his two worlds medals. Poor boy would have gave his medals to Kolyada and Fernandez if he had read what people were writing on him. Now people see that he's improving on artistic side and cheer for him even if he's off on tech side.
Everyone can improve. And even if not, it's not bad to be only strong on tech and to win thanks to that. Everyone has his strengths and weaknesses.

skateflake

On the Ice
Forgot to thank Tabsy y who ever that nameless person was beside her. Surely their cheers helped Jason y totally influenced the judges! So envious you both were there for this!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/11/24/nathan-chen-wins-grand-prix-france/

Chen landed a quad flip and two quad toe loops in the free, including one in combination after falling on an under-rotated quad flip in the short. He’s the first man to win five straight Grand Prix starts in more than a decade.

Brown did not fall and did not attempt a quad in his programs. Brown has now made a Grand Prix podium in all six of his senior international seasons, an active streak shared only by Hanyu among male or female singles skaters.

Notable facts about both!

skateflake

On the Ice
karne, I was DEVASTATED to miss yesterday! But I a m going to get a print of your ALL TIME BEST PBP, along with the SP scoresheet, to put on my refrigerator! Maybe even FRAME them!

AJVMSA8588

On the Ice
Nathan really came through with the content. His jumps looked strong and he had a teeny bit more transitions before jumps. Hope that continues to grow.

I am so impressed with Jason's calm and resolve. Loved watching him just shine on ice.

On Nathan (I have such a soft spot for him and all of his still in many ways unrealized potential to be one of the most beautiful skaters), while watching--as opposed to Skate America, I thought with the number of crossovers, whelp, we aren't going to start with a triple loop today. I feel this program is a good vehicle if he brought the full force of the choreography with him. It is beautiful.

On Jason, I love the end of the free: with the freedom he possesses. Although I am critical of the music at the beginning. . .I do miss the higher energy Jason Brown of old to be honest.

On Samarin, I do want to like him. I find his short is a better vehicle than the long. Part of the issue with the long is that is about being a "showman"--Fernandez, Brown: sure. Samarin: not so much. He has nice posture and yes, is stately and powerful.

Can any one tell me what the "In This Shirt" Music means? It is very emotional contrast with the dreary vocal and hopeful instrumental, very easy to create emotion with but. . .what is the emotion? I love Aymoz, Hawayek and Baker, and even Romain. . . but what is it?

Happy Aliev had some redemption as his free is my favorite of the season.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Took my meds and a shower, and since mom reminded me that I am going to work tomorrow I'm sipping on a non-alcoholic Blue Hawaii. The only way I could've been more happier with the results would've been Dmitri getting the bronze (I have given up with arguing about the PCS), but although he did have a freak fall/trip during his choreo sequence (of all things, gah his choreo sequence is beautiful and would've gotten good GOE without it damnit) he did quite well among the men here, so it's not that upsetting. All praise Jason Brown :hap93:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Protocols:

- Nathan's 3A wasn't UR, which surprised me. He did get edge calls on his quad and triple flips.
- Jason's second 3A was UR, as pretty much everybody guessed.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
As much as I adore Dmitri, comparing him to Patrick Chan is a bit much imo. I mean, Patrick Chan made it look like the ice wasn't slippery at all...

I agree [emoji846] He’s just the only one that came to my mind when I thought of tripping.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It remembers me how people slashed Boyang when he won his two worlds medals. Poor boy would have gave his medals to Kolyada and Fernandez if he had read what people were writing on him. Now people see that he's improving on artistic side and cheer for him even if he's off on tech side.
Everyone can improve. And even if not, it's not bad to be only strong on tech and to win thanks to that. Everyone has his strengths and weaknesses.

Thank you thank you.